Automatic thumbnail extraction not working on Camelot
Hi, I have installed the live repack of XBMC Camelot 9.11 (R26018) and on browsing my smb shares XBMC no longer pulls thumbnails from any movie file be it avi/mkv whatever.

Debug log http://pastebin.com/m1524e132

Any ideas? Any more info required to assist?

Thank you.
Do you have it enabled in settings?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hi Sho, yes I have double checked that it is switched on in settings. I have just tried 9.11 on my windows 7 laptop and the thumbnails get generated very quickly when entering a folder. Prior to final I had XBMCLive beta 2 installed on my Asrock 330 and thumbnails worked as expected on that version. I havent changed my network in any way either, and as I say it appears to work fine on windows. Is there anything else I can try or any more specific info I can provide.

Thank you for your help.
Right I have found a solution, for some reason when I change the computer's name to the IP address for the computer in the SMB share path the thumbnails get created? Any ideas why this should be?
If the changing to the ip address has resolved this issue then it must be a DNS issue. Sounds like your router at home has not mapped it the FQDN correctly to the IP. Try rebooting the router and see what happens then with the name instead of IP. If you still have the same issue, then try to log into router and delete the DHCP entries (warning, make sure all pc's except the one you are using are off). When the PCs connect again, they will pick up a new ip address from the router and hopefully the DNS issue is resolved

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatic thumbnail extraction not working on Camelot0