Unresponsive XBMC in intervals of maybe 20-30 secs.
Hello.
I've been running XBMC on my HTPC for about a year now. But today i changed my video card to a passively cooled Asus 4350 512MB, and now when i run XBMC it becomes unresponsive after 20 secs or something, and i can't scroll, do anything for maybe 5 seconds, no matter which skin or menu i'm in. Then it wakes up again and it's fine for another 20-30 seconds. I downloaded the latest drivers for my card, and im running Camelot Final. I can't think of any changes i've done except installing this gfx card, and now something is wrong. Sad

Could it be that my gfx card is so shitty it can't even handle XBMC?I had a ATI X1900XT before and it ran great, but i wanted my HTPC to be quiet.

Please, i would be glad for ANY type of solution.It's come to the point where XBMC is almost unusable.

Sorry about my crappy english btw.

edit: I'm running Vista 32-bit btw, if thats of any use.
edit2: Oh, i'm also using EventGhost with my MS MCE Remote.
Do a debug log that captures a period where there was a problem for starters.
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
I'm too noob to point out exactly where in the log the problem occurs, but it happened twice in this short session. I would be incredibly thankful if anyone would go through it to see if anything is out of the ordinary.

http://pastebin.com/m45c9d15a
Update: I've found out that it is my MS MCE remote that is causing the frequent freezing of XBMC, when i'm not doing anything with that and just using my keyboard it's working alright. Any ideas?Sad
I was having a similar issue, and I found your post and it helped me. I reinstalled the software that came with my remote, and the problem went away. It was very strange, because my delays were only happening in library mode and wouldn't happen in file mode. I would stop a video and it would take a few seconds to get back to the menu screen, and then it wouldn't populate the screen with the list of videos. Amazing that the remote could cause that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unresponsive XBMC in intervals of maybe 20-30 secs.0