Weird behavior with extract thumbnails and video information
Hi,

As far as I know the Settings » Video » File Lists » Extract thumbnails and video information is supposed to extract a thumbnail from the video (assuming I'm not using any scraper) and the video information for tagging.

I've noticed that with this option enabled the thumbnail is exctracted, the video tagging information is available when I bring the video info panel. However, when it's disabled, the thumbnail is not extracted but the video tagging is still there.

Now, I know that this information was extracted before and thus saved on the database for future use. But I disabled the option, exited XBMC, deleted userdata/database and userdata/thumbnails folders, reopened XBMC and the video tagging information for any video file is still displayed.

Is this a bug or am I missing something? Maybe the video tagging information is stored in a different place?

Also, I'm aware of this topic about turning that option into two, one for extracting the thumbnail and another for the video information. At the moment, on guisettings.xml we have two options <extractflags> and <extractthumb>, which both are supposed to be true/false depending on the Extract thumbnails and video information setting. However, only the <extractflags> option is set to false/true accordingly to the setting. The <extractthumb> option is always true but the thumbnail is not extracted if <extractflags> is false though. I don't know if this is intented or nor...
Are you sure those movies aren't still in your db? Perhaps you removed the wrong db file?

Also, does this happen only when you go to the movie information view? i.e. if the video is freshly placed in the db (i.e. you can see it in Movies->Title view) then the flags aren't available. However, once you do Movie Information via the I key the flags are then available?

Note that the guisettings.xml things are a red herring - the second setting (thumb extraction) is dependent on the first, so is only looked at if the first (flag extraction) is true. This is to disable thumb extraction while still having flag extraction available.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yes, I'm sure, I deleted the whole "database" folder and not just the files inside... But just to be 100% sure, I deleted the whole XBMC folder in the %APPDATA%, disabled the option and only then added my video files.

One thing though that I forgot to mention, I'm not using the library mode, I'm still in file mode for the time being. So there's no Movies » Title View for me. What I can tell you is that I open any video file in file mode, press the I key and get all the video tagging information. I tried this for a couple of videos, SD and HD, they all seem to work.
Anyway, I actually want the option enabled but not thumbnails extracted so I used the advanced setting for that and it's working.

Since I want that enabled, I'll just leave it like this cuz it's working. But this is just a notice that with the option disable, the video information is still extracted, at least for me.
Do you have any NFO files created for your video files?
Catchy Signature Here
Yes, the ones that come with the downloads.

Is that it? Makes sense, never thought of that...
Nah, those shouldn't be a problem. Most of the good media manager apps will extract stream info and include it when they generate NFO files. Just out of curiosity, why do you NOT want to have additional information about your files?
Catchy Signature Here
I'm not saying that they are a problem, I'm saying that the media info is being displayed even with the option disabled because those NFOs have that data and maybe the scrapers are picking it up.

I think you misunderstood/misread because I never said I didn't want additional information, on the contrary, I want the additional information. I just said so in two posts above Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird behavior with extract thumbnails and video information0