.XPR Extraction
Hi all, new here, love XBMC got to be the best sexybox program out there except for TV recording but you got mythTV for that for now =).

Anyway I got a bit of a problem, I'm staring on creating my own skin/learning how too, and ive got a few .XPR files I want to extract but so far having no luck, so I was hoping you guys would be able to help me. I have tried

XPR Express and I am have a big problem trying to get it to do any thing, it could be just me lol, but I when to try to extract a XPR and it came up with a error msg saying "Error: invalid XPR header in file" and then file name, I don't know what this means but it does let me extract anything, is there anyway to extract a XPR after its been packed, XBMC reads it so there must be. any help would be deeply appreciated =)

I have looked in too XBMCTex, but I don't know how it works and if it even extracts, I know it compresses.

any help would be deeply appreciated, I'm just looking for a tool that can extract .XPR, I got everything else, problem is there is a few imagines in a XPR that I don't have anywhere else, and I really need them.
Xprexpress does extract .xpr files but only if the file was not locked during creation.
and as far as i am aware xmbctex does not extract at all.
Hope this helps a littleBig Grin
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
wicked I got it work I think it might of been a windows 7 problem with having the .XPR files in program files I moved them to the desktop now they work thanks for pointing me the right direction =)
okay got it to work now when I go to extract it, I get a error:

do you know what this means

and when i go to preview I get another really bad one:

it would help a lot if someone could tell me how to fix this or what the errors mean please Thank you
I am guessing the file your trying to extract is most likely locked but i could be wrong on this. also your using a newer version i am still usin version XPRExpressV1.0.1
Rubberfingers Wrote:okay got it to work now when I go to extract it, I get a error:

do you know what this means

and when i go to preview I get another really bad one:

it would help a lot if someone could tell me how to fix this or what the errors mean please Thank you

I see your using the latest version which should npw work with windows 7, however can you say what skin you are trying to unpack? If it is ellipsis or xperience you will find this maybe due to temp protection we have installed till the skins become final.
Currently working on Ellipsis 1.3 Updates. Update Requests Here.
Ellipsis for XBMC 1.2.1 Click here to download & for SVN details.
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | Facebook.com/TeamBlackbolt1 | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
Equinox, I've just tried the new version on W7 but I get this message -

Cannot init D3D device: 8876086c
New version works well on windows xp pro.
Much easier to use than the old version i were using, great work on this.Big Grin
Hitcher Wrote:Equinox, I've just tried the new version on W7 but I get this message -

Cannot init D3D device: 8876086c

I have found that to be due to one of two possible reasons, the latest direct x drivers are not installed or gfx card drivers. It possibly could be a incompatibility with your gfx card. Could you please test the official XBMCTex tool and see if you have same problem?
EqUiNoX Wrote:I have found that to be due to one of two possible reasons, the latest direct x drivers are not installed or gfx card drivers. It possibly could be a incompatibility with your gfx card. Could you please test the official XBMCTex tool and see if you have same problem?
It still works using the version found in this thread but I assumed you'd used that to fix it for W7.
Ermm can anyone tell me where I can get this 1.5V tried the normal places x-box scene and teamblackbolt but cant find it anywhere
thanks
Ram2000 Wrote:Ermm can anyone tell me where I can get this 1.5V tried the normal places x-box scene and teamblackbolt but cant find it anywhere
thanks

on the teamblackbolt site (it´s labelled 1.01 I think, but it´s the 1.5.)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Looks like i made a boo boo in uploading version 1.5 and that was i forgot to update the version in the download link. I have now created a version 1.5.1 for download to save confusion. Im unsure what ever extra fixes it may have if any.

Have a go and let me know.

http://www.teamblackbolt.co.uk/projdetails.php?id=5
EqUiNoX Wrote:Looks like i made a boo boo in uploading version 1.5 and that was i forgot to update the version in the download link. I have now created a version 1.5.1 for download to save confusion. Im unsure what ever extra fixes it may have if any.

Have a go and let me know.

http://www.teamblackbolt.co.uk/projdetails.php?id=5
Great thanks for that you sir are a STAR....
Hrm...did this get resolved? I'm having the same errors thrown when I try to extract a few files from skins (busy animations) - both MC360 and xTV seem to throw this error when I attempt it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.XPR Extraction0