xbmc live boot problem
Hi. I am a long time linux (Slackware) user, and I decided to try out an xbmc live (9.11 repack) install on a new htpc. I am using an Intel Board/Processor and an ATI HD2400 Pro video card. The display is a Toshiba 42" rear-projection HDTV.

Install went without incident, but on re-boot. All I get is a black screen after grub loads. Can't even <ctl><alt><F6> to a virtual terminal. If I select the recovery mode from the grub boot menu instead of standard at boot time, xbmc will load right up gui and all.

Incidentally, I also loaded ubuntu 9.10 on an adjacent partition and I have almost exactly the same problem with it. The main system boots to a black screen, but the recovery mode works fine. I can get a normal desktop with full 1080i res in recovery mode by using apt-get to install the xorg fglrx driver then running "sudo aticonfig --initial" and then "startx". It still won't work in "normal" mode, however.
Ok - After poking around a bit, I can get it to boot up by removing "splash" on the grub2 command line. I booted into my Ubuntu 9.10 partition and edited /etc/default/grub to remove the "splash" from GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=.

This allows regular Ubuntu to boot up now, but it appears that grub is picking up the xbmc partition from the 40_osprober script because this entry has no effect on it. How can I permanently change the command line for the xbmc menu entry?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc live boot problem0