SMB sharing stopped working... again
Hi all!

XBMC:
Asrock Ion 330
Live installed on HDD v. 9.11 Camelot

Debug Log will be up in just a sec EDIT: and here it is http://pastebin.com/m3854bf03

DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (LockSettings.xml) ------
ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://administrator:123456@FUTTE'
unix_err:'0' error : 'Success'
ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting smb://FUTTE/
ERROR: CGUIDialogFileBrowser::GetDirectory(smb://FUTTE/) failed
DEBUG: OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://MSHOME

"NAS"
Windows 7

So SMB sharing has now stopped working again unfortunately. Last time it stopped, the fix was like in this thread, to uninstall det "Windows Live Sign in assistant"

Uninstalling the Live assistant to get something to work, that works fine with older version of XBMC seem to me to be a strange solution? Does anyone know why this has become an issue or why this conflict with the Live assistant exists?
Either add your server to /etc/hosts or disable ipv6 at the kernel command line (grub).
althekiller Wrote:Either add your server to /etc/hosts or disable ipv6 at the kernel command line (grub).
<-- link to a how to with the grub thingie?

Tried this:
127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.1.1 dhcppc2.dummy.net dhcppc2
10.0.0.3 futte
10.0.0.3 FUTTE

# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
::1 localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts
fe80::7c37:3743:6f9b:acb4%13 FUTTE
fe80::7c37:3743:6f9b:acb4%13 futte

Doesn't do the trick.... any use deleting either the lines FUTTE / futte ?

Disabling IPv6 on my windows 7 machine... might work - EDIT: no use

Tried adding Source to Sources.xml
<source>
<name>Videos</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://administrator:[email protected]/Media/</path>
</source

I'm still promted for username and password in the "lock" dialouge
althekiller Wrote:Either add your server to /etc/hosts or disable ipv6 at the kernel command line (grub).

Think he meant: http://www.webupd8.org/2009/05/how-to-di...aunty.html
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
graysky Wrote:Think he meant: http://www.webupd8.org/2009/05/how-to-di...aunty.html

THANKS! searched "all over the internet for that one"

xbmc@dhcppc2:~$ cat /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/disable_ipv6
xbmc@dhcppc2:~$ sudo su -
[sudo] password for xbmc:
root@dhcppc2:~# echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/disable_ipv6
root@dhcppc2:~# nano -w /boot/grub/menu.lst
root@dhcppc2:~# cat /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/disable_ipv6
root@dhcppc2:~# reboot

Unfortunately i still have the same problem. Kinda sux :/

No problem connecting to a WindowsXp share, none what so ever.
So XBMC can connect to the Windows 7 Share, it's credentials just gets rejected?
Did this ever work with your Windows 7 machine on a previous install?

Anyway:

Try to check the Windows 7 Event log:
- Press Start -> Control Panel
- Type "event log" in the search field in the top-right corner
- Choose "View event logs".
- Expand the "Windows Logs"-node
- Choose "Security"
- Order by Date and Time (Descending), and try to reconnect from XBMC and refresh the log.

It should print something like "Audit failed" or something, for the request that gets rejected. Check the details of the event to see if it prints some useful information.
ASRock ION 330, Lucid Lynx, XBMC Dharma (beta 2)
syctls don't persist a reboot, set it in /etc/sysctl.conf or w/e.

There's also an ipv6.disable=1 or similar to pass to the kernel from the bootloarder. On karmic, see /etc/default/grub or one of the files under /etc/grub.d for the default kernel params. They should include stuff like "quiet" and "splash". It should really do the same thing as the sysctl though.
I wouldn't mess with sysctl.conf if you don't want random things to happen with your system regarding apt upgrades of packages. A good example is wine - the package installation at the post-install parts runs some command that checks sysctl.conf, and that seems to like to fail even with some (valid?) entries like the disable ipv6 part when you modify that file, at least on karmic. Took me a day to find the cause, and it pissed me off pretty bad when I found the reason to be some random change I made to a system file to disable ipv6.
The kernel param seems to be the better way, if disabling ipv6 is the only viable workaround.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
jonassw Wrote:So XBMC can connect to the Windows 7 Share, it's credentials just gets rejected?
Did this ever work with your Windows 7 machine on a previous install?

Yes, this worked for me up until 27.12.09 when i installed the Xperience skin (offcourse this is not the course, i just how i remember the date)

Allready did check the eventvwr and no rejections there... this is not a matter of mistype of username+pwd -wish it was tho....
Clumsy Wrote:The kernel param seems to be the better way, if disabling ipv6 is the only viable workaround.
Meaning? that the better way is this ?
Any one ?

An idea how to resolve this, maybe a work around? I tried using FTP to connect to my pc, and that actually works quite fine, but the library fails thread here
How many ways do you need told to use the kernel param?
Version: XBMC 9.11
Hardware: Acer Aspire Revo
SMB Host: Windows 7

I'm having the same problem using 9.11 on Acer Aspire Revo. Same system I was using the previous XBMC version on, and same Windows 7 box that the shares were working on before. Nothing has changed except a clean upgrade to 9.11 on the Revo.

I get a "Function not implemented" error when I try to enter a username/password for the SMB share.

If someone could explain a little more clearly the "use the kernel param" method, or explain how to even get to the console in XBMC, it would be appreciated.

I tried to use some of the links here to figure it out, but some of the links seem to be broken and around 45 minutes of research produced nothing on how to fix this.

If someone could help, I would appreciate it!
To get terminal access, download putty.exe (google it) and then tell it to go to the IP of your xbmc machine. Login (generally) as xbmc/xbmc or whatever you set the user as when installing.

Now follow steps one and two here, under 'the hard way':
http://www.webupd8.org/2009/11/how-to-di...u-910.html

Reboot your xbmc machine and IPv6 should be disabled.

Not sure if that will fix your issue, but it will do the thing mentioned above.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
nullvector, your problem is unrelated. Please search the forums and add your details to a pertinent thread, if you don't find one (I'm fairly certain at least on exists) start a new one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB sharing stopped working... again0