[xbmc 9.11 live] Videoplayback problem
Have tried messing around with alot of settings in xorg.conf but cant get a movie to play smooth in the entire movie. The movie playback becomes very choppy/stutters at random times but i see no fps drop (pressing o) and the fps is still as stable as before. After like 10-30 seconds it runs smooth again. The problem is random and can come 1 hour in the movie or after 5 minutes.

Its running perfectly rest of the time (iam very aware of fps drops/image skips) so iam not sure whats doing this. Movies is played from internal harddrive to make sure it isn't a network issue.

My system is acer 3610 atom cpu, 4gb ram, 250gb harddisk running with a fat32 usb stick with 9.11 repacked version using unetbootin.

TV panasonic plasma PX80 37'

XBMC setting:

Audio output: analog - hdmi - downmix to stereo

Video: VDPAU - adjust display refresh rate to match video is enabled as the only one and active teletext.

Debugging log. The problem was seen around 18.20 for about 20 sec.

http://pastebin.com/m213f5785

xorg.conf - config. Have tried disable/enable a lot extra stuff still see the same problem.

http://pastebin.com/m53457aff

Help is very much appreciated i have spent many hours trying to to find a solution for this but now i have run out of ideas.
Tried the beta nvidia driver 195.30. still no luck :/
Bump.. really noone with ideas?
I had a similar problem, and fixed it with a combination of changes including composite=disable, and a few other changes via the xorg.conf.

EDIT: Just had a quick look at your xorg.conf. You seem to have a lot of stuff commented out at the bottom (screen section). I presume you've already tried with various combinations of these lines enabled?
Yep i have tried alot of the commands commented out and with many combinations. Right now iam considering if xbmc installed on usb 2.0 stick can cause this somehow
when you upgraded to the latest nvidia drivers - did you download/install from the nvidia repository and activate the restricted driver or did you remove the old driver, then download the nvidia driver and then install the nvidia through the command line?

The reason I am asking is because when I install from the nvidia repository it seems that the video card doesnt do any work and the CPU usage is crazy, like 90% and the video playback is horrible. If I install the nvidia driver manually it works great (see link below), the video looks great - 1080P MKV's run smooth and my CPU usage on a 1080P mkv is 15% on my ion platform...

The method I use:
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=99513

now all this could be useless since you use live but wanted to throw this out there... its almost as if the use of the nvidia repository method doesnt enable vdpauHuh
My Cpu is always under 10%.

Vq hitting 99% is normal right?
calebdk Wrote:Video: VDPAU - adjust display refresh rate to match video is enabled as the only one and active teletext.

disable this
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hannes The Hun Wrote:disable this

Then i manual have to set the refresh rate to match the movie?
at the moment your movie playback stutters, so there's no point for refresh syncing, is it? just try it out for heaven's sake...
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hannes The Hun Wrote:at the moment your movie playback stutters, so there's no point for refresh syncing, is it? just try it out for heaven's sake...

Doesn't work either :/ After like 1½ hour the picture began to be major choppy like skipping a lot of frames even its not detected and fps is still playing with 23.98fps.
bumping again for a last hope :/
I'm watching and hoping that you get some help too.

I just set up my Revo 3610 with Camelot 9.11 on an ubuntu minimal install and so far it works great except for 1080p content is not watchable (stutters constantly).

Can anyone point me to how I can interpret the information given in the video diagnostic info screen overlay (keyboard 'o' when watching video)?
My stuttering problems with 1080p video have been solved.Smile
I am not sure if it was the same issue as the OP is having but here is the thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=4...post474099
Hmm stil has this problem.. Have tried checking temps and make sure that my gpu wasn't throttling or changing speed. gpu temp 68 idle 71 load.

My friend asked me if it could be my 37px80 TV that some how is doing this, since fps is stable and audio is fine. What do you guys think?

New ideas is always welcome if frustrating when the movie suddenly start to get choppy 1½ hr in the movie :/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[xbmc 9.11 live] Videoplayback problem0