Shutdown Ubuntu from XBMC
I am running Camelot and Ubuntu 9.10.
I'm using my iPod touch to Control XBMC (Collect 3).

When I press the Shutdown Icon in XBMC, I would like it to shutdown Ubuntu as well. The ipod touch cannot control Ubuntu so i have to hunt for my other remote to turn off the PC. I'd like it all done from the touch. I figure I would have to edit a script file somewhere.

Can someone lead me in the right direction?
Start xbmc with "xbmc-standalone" instead of "xbmc". Normally that should suffice (at least with a standard ubuntu installation).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I installed xbmc from the gnome desktop synaptic package manager.
I have a shortcut on the gnome desktop with the command "xbmc".
Can I simply change the command to "xbmc-standalone"? or Do I need to remove the xbmc install from synaptic and then re-install the xbmc-standalone version?

Can the xbmc-standalone be started when I'm in gnome? Lets say I'm browsing firefox and then want to watch a movie. Will I have to logout and then login as user "xbmc"? Or can I make a gnome desktop shortcut with the command "xbmc-standalone"?
In the default, confluence skin. System > System (Please tell jezz_x I sound like an idiot typing that so maybe he'll fix it Wink) > power saving > shutdown function. Set it to shutdown instead of quit.
althekiller Wrote:In the default, confluence skin. System > System (Please tell jezz_x I sound like an idiot typing that so maybe he'll fix it Wink) > power saving > shutdown function. Set it to shutdown instead of quit.

That worked. Thanks smarty pants! Thanks aswell Clumsy for your help, al's way was just quicker and easier!
althekiller Wrote:In the default, confluence skin. System > System (Please tell jezz_x I sound like an idiot typing that so maybe he'll fix it Wink) > power saving > shutdown function. Set it to shutdown instead of quit.

Sorry for jacking the thread, but maybe someone here can help me. I have lost the reboot and shutdown options from the System > System > power saving > shutdown function menu. Anyone got any hints or tips?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shutdown Ubuntu from XBMC0