Occasional Slow-Motion Video?
Got a weird problem using the latest XBMC and nVidia drivers on my Ubuntu setup running native on a Mac Mini.

VDPAU is running well as is XBMC, but, and this is sort of hard to explain, but occasionally the video will sort of just turn into a sort of slow motion type of thing for a second or two. It's easy to notice, and the audio doesn't skip, and it's not dropping frames (not due to processor, in fact it seems to happen at random, not necessarily in scenes with a lot going on). Also, it's happening in SD content and lower res stuff just as often as it is in higher-res 720p and up mkv files.

I am running the Mac Mini via HDMI video out into an Onkyo SR607 receiver, which then, through its own monitor out, sends the HDMI video to a projector.

I'm hoping there might be a simple fix for this. Picture is great and everything is crash free, and I just installed everything totally fresh (reformatted the system and right to Karmic)...Would love any suggestions anyone might have.

Oh, I haven't tweaked the video at all, just left everything at default. 1920*1080 res.

Thanks!
Turn on "Sync playback to display" in system->video->playback, see if that helps.
Thanks for the suggestion. Funny you mention that as I already had that turned on and was wondering if I should actually turn it OFF. I have had it turned on and set to Audio Clock since I installed XBMC.
A debug log would help right about now.
No problem - It's not crashing, though, so what would you like to see? A log of me playing a video file up to the point where I see the slow mo occur? Then stop, and post the log from start up to that point?
Just let it play for a couple minutes and make sure the slow motion occurs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Occasional Slow-Motion Video?0