.MKV files "hidden" from list in XBMCLive 9.11 Camelot
Hello,

I discovered some rather weird behavior from XBMCLive 9.11 Camelot whereby newly added or existing .mkv movie titles do not show up at all in the list. All content is stored on a QNap and shared via DLNA/uPnP using TwonkyMedia.

Before building a Revo 1600 I used to compress things to WMA for streaming to the XBOX360, and I also had some .AVI/DivX files. They ALL show up in the list under XBMC just fine, however almost all the files ending in .mkv do not show up at all, even after a reboot. The behavior is normal with XBOX360 as it cannot play/read .MKV, but this should not be the case with XBMC

This could possibly be related to my other problem with an inability to scrape (see HERE), and I am working on getting a debug log for that, However I figured it would not hurt to ask if there is something known about this particular "hidden .mkv" issue.

For reference the files are called "movie something.mkv" and they are all placed in a single directory. The are no other files in the directory but movie files.

Thank you.

UPDATE: I managed to make some of the .MKV files appear by turning of the "Clean File Names" feature under settings. Not all the "hidden" .MKV files are now displayed, but this seems to have helped a bit. Guess this feature is not working as expected and is hiding the entire file name.

Also noticed that the now appearing .MKV files the size is displayed as 5.5KB when the actual file size is 4.5GB

Seems like .MKV files are not parsed and recognized very well...

UPDATE2: Seems I am not the only one having this problem, see HERE

UPDATE3: I now strongly believe this and other issues are due to incompatibilities between XBMC and TwonkyMedia Server for Windows v4.4.4. See my original thread HERE

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.MKV files "hidden" from list in XBMCLive 9.11 Camelot0