[MOCKUP] XBMC:touch.
This was inspired but the blankness of my life at the moment, lol.

It's just a mockup, and I have no knowledge in coding, so if anyone wants to take this and make it have full rights, just contact me and I'll give you everything I have. But it's very different to what is out there at the moment, not focused on images or conventional layouts that you see in a lot of other skins. It still seems to look quite user friendly, while looking clean and getting information across. I haven't figured out how I would go about the other screens e.g. library, but can probably knock some bits up if there's interest.

It look's alot like a webpage, but when viewed in fullscreen, and with a few adjustments wouldn't look so weird.

Here is the visual chocolate/disaster.

and here is a version in grey with orange

and here is a inverted version at request.

Feedback would be appreciated.
I like this, alot actually...I wouldn't mind seeing some library(TV and Movies) views.

Maybe a bit too white, but you could always flip the background to black and fonts to white or a light greyish gradient background...just thoughts, but a nice/unique look so far!
Geez where are my sunglasses (Yucky colour)
Though to be honest it's hard to give possitive or negative feedback from one
screenshot, but don't be put off from creating a skin from it as others will love the starkness of it.
Sorry to be a little negative, will check back later for further updates.
Erm looking a wee bit better try it with pale blue text on the black background that would look nice,
and easy on the eyes lol
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:Geez where are my sunglasses (Yucky colour)
Though to be honest it's hard to give possitive or negative feedback from one
screenshot, but don't be put off from creating a skin from it as others will love the starkness of it.
Sorry to be a little negative, will check back later for further updates.

Lol, would probably have an option for different colours or inverted colours.

But yeah, trying to visualize how library and that would look is a bit crazy atm, can't really think, would probably have a quick mockup done in the later week.
Not entirely liking the Magenta (too pure CMYK so to speak) shade you have going there, but other than that I kinda like the concept. The white is too bright, even for my taste but I like that it's more white than black.. everything's so black nowadays and personally I a bit tired of that. But then again everyone to their own I guess.

Nice concept nonetheless, more pics! Smile
Fiinix Design presents: Posters, for Movies, TV Shows, Games, Arcade etc.

» Latest Poster-Pack: The Silhouettes, TV Shows
» Upcoming Poster-Pack: To Be Announced

» Game & Emulator Poster, request here
» Movie/TV Genre Poster, here
Just knocked up a quick concept for library view for movies.

i'd in vision that the movie list would kind of swipe over to view more colour by colour if that makes sense.

And yeah, i might tone down the colours a little.

EDIT: here we go, kind of light grey gradient and Orange lol.

SCREENBURN! Smile

But nice idea, invert that bad boy and we have a winner!
C-Quel Wrote:SCREENBURN! Smile

But nice idea, invert that bad boy and we have a winner!

lol, tried inverting not sure at all.

Rather that than a new TV next week Smile
As a mockup for mockup's sake, it's not bad. Visually interesting, clean and nicely laid out. However, I can't see this being very usable/readable at a distance. You truly would need to be close enough to 'touch' the screen.
Sorry but I have to be cruel to be kind.

Firstly congratulations on giving something a go, that you cannot knock

But.......

I have touch screen, but unfortunatly I certainly wouldn't use this skin, as would be too boring just reading text, especially when you can have a skin that is all bells and whistles.

A lot of people would be using on their big screen TVs rather than on a monitor, even though I appreciate, some people still do view movies on a computer monitor.

It would be excellent to see something that is touch screen, but it would need to be control of the program on the monitor, then outputted to a TV, unless you clone your desktop, and then it would not matter.

This would be something ideal for a touch screen XMBC skin

http://www.thehitbox.co.uk/demo.htm

I would love someone to design that skin, or similar to the top of the pops jukebox for either XBMC or a Jukebox program.

I think that you would find it hard to actually get a coder to spend time on this judging by your mockups so far.

If you really want to try your hand at designing something, try the link that I have posted.

It might get a better response from a coder.

Regards

Mark
MarkTaunton Wrote:Sorry but I have to be cruel to be kind.

Firstly congratulations on giving something a go, that you cannot knock

But.......

I have touch screen, but unfortunatly I certainly wouldn't use this skin, as would be too boring just reading text, especially when you can have a skin that is all bells and whistles.

A lot of people would be using on their big screen TVs rather than on a monitor, even though I appreciate, some people still do view movies on a computer monitor.

It would be excellent to see something that is touch screen, but it would need to be control of the program on the monitor, then outputted to a TV, unless you clone your desktop, and then it would not matter.

This would be something ideal for a touch screen XBMC skin

http://www.thehitbox.co.uk/demo.htm

I would love someone to design that skin, or similar to the top of the pops jukebox for either XBMC or a Jukebox program.

I think that you would find it hard to actually get a coder to spend time on this judging by your mockups so far.

If you really want to try your hand at designing something, try the link that I have posted.

It might get a better response from a coder.

Regards

Mark

1. it wasn't aimed at touch screen's it was just a name.
2. wasn't looking for it to be coded, and it was most likely going to go straight to my trash bin, I just wanted to see if there was interest in different style themes.
3. have to disagree whole heartedly with the link you posted it looks like Microsoft Office clipart gone wrong.
4. I've designed things before, just check my previous posts, and this was purely a random concept.

thanks for the feedback regardless though.

I'm not going to be doing anything else with this at all so if anyone does want the PSD for this of what I have so far, here we go

http://rapidshare.com/files/327685999/XBMC_Touch
http://rapidshare.com/files/327686000/XB...Orange.psd
I think it looks awesome. I love that there's NO images, and TBH I have been putting off knocking up some concepts for a totally text based skin myself (was going to use bolder fonts, but the effect would have been similar).

Only thing I would look at is the layout of the library - a little too mouse friendly for my liking (alliteration in that sentence or what?), but overall, nice to see something different from the skins that scream:

"LOOK AT ME - I'M A TECHNICAL MARVEL!!!1!"

Kudos.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOCKUP] XBMC:touch.0