Problem visualizing posters & fanart in library mode
Hi All,
I'm new to XBMC and may be asking something really obvious: I apologise in advance for that.
My problem is that while in file mode I can see all the movies posters but once in library mode only a few of them appear and I have to manually point each of the movies to the correct poster & backdrop.
This happens with all skins so for sure I'm doing something wrong.
Each movie is in its own sub-directory with the poster named "folder.jpg" and one or more backdrops.
I set the content of the movie directory to retrieve the data from IMDB (or MovieDb) but obviously I'm missing something because doesn't seem to work.
I'm running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks
did you add the 'folder.jpg' images after you scanned your movies to the library?
xbmc won't pick 'm up automatically if you did.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks for your reply, Ronie.
The folder.jpg file was already there (I was using WMC & Mediabrowser and all the subfolders were already prepared with "folder.jpg" & "backdrop.jpg". As you can imagine I did several re-scans to see if the files could be picked up correctly.
What puzzles me is why in file mode all the posters are loaded correctly while switching to library mode only few of them are.
Is XBMC supposed to download posters, backdrops and trailers? If so I wasn't able to find any file in the cache folder after my movies had been scanned.

Thanks again for your help
Same problem here.

i use MYMOVIES.DK on my windows home server. it creates the following files in a movie folder

Folder: Alien 3

in the folder:

fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
Alien3.iso
Alien3.nfo
mymovies.xml

The nfo info and fanart is shown in library view. only the folder.jpg files are not. there are screenshots from the movie where the cover should be.

the folder.jpg are shown in FILE VIEW in the videos .

i just re-installed my htpc today to camelot XBMC-live
evrything wes working great with 9.04 babylon!

Any ideas?
I'm experiencing the same problem. XBMC is ignoring the folder.jpg's
AFAIK XBMC will only use folder.jpg for movies if you use the "Use foldernames for lookup" setting in scraper options.
othervise you need movie.tbn

This might have been just changed though:
http://www.xbmc.org/trac/changeset/26280
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hey,

I am new to XBMC and having the same problem with DharmaaBeta 4 on my Win7 HTPC.

In library mode, XBMC ignores the folder.jpg in the movie dir and instead creates some random screencap. In file mode the correct poster image is shown.

Each movie has its own directory on a Windows Server share. I used Ember to put every possible jpg and tbn file (folder.jpg, movie.jpg, poster.jpg,...) into the movie dirs that Ember offers to download.

Also activated "use foldernames for lookup" in XBMC.

Fanart works just fine.

Am I doing something wrong or is this an XMBC issue?

Thanks!
worschd Wrote:Hey,

I am new to XBMC and having the same problem with DharmaaBeta 4 on my Win7 HTPC.

In library mode, XBMC ignores the folder.jpg in the movie dir and instead creates some random screencap. In file mode the correct poster image is shown.

Each movie has its own directory on a Windows Server share. I used Ember to put every possible jpg and tbn file (folder.jpg, movie.jpg, poster.jpg,...) into the movie dirs that Ember offers to download.

Also activated "use foldernames for lookup" in XBMC.

Fanart works just fine.

Am I doing something wrong or is this an XBMC issue?

Thanks!

Same issue. Does anyone have an answer?
Im having the same problem.
Only seems to be doing it with about 20% of my movies tho.

I have used Ember media manager with all my movies so they all have the same files.
But some display the correct poster others have a screencap of the movie in its place.

Any ideas?
I have the same problem

Weird thing... It worked earlier for me. But from my total collection of 250+ video HD files xbmc indexed only 198. So i trashed that movie library and started to build the movie lib up with just 1 directory at a time. Now i have all my files recognized, but the fanart/backdrops are not visible in library mode. Only in file mode when opening the folder and selecting the video file.

I have in my library 2 sorts of files. TV Shows and Movies. TV Shows are fine. The fanart and backdrops are shown the way it's meant to be, but in the movie library no fanart/backdrops are shown.

I trashed the video database file once. trashed the Thumbnails/fanart folder. Did a reinstall of xbmc but nothing helped.

What go's wrong here....

here is the log file from the moment i builded the library: http://pastebin.com/bbw4HeWc

Edit:

I did a reinstall of windows but still no fanart in movie library. in file mode when movietitle selected the poster + backdrop is loaded fine. This is driving me insane. I don't get why this **** is not working for me :confused2:
surely after a reinistall it must be some option somewhere. now way this xbmc install is fucked up already

Edit 2:

Found a solution: in file mode, click on movie information, refresh info, then Get fanart. select fanart, click ok, then Get thumb, select thumb, click ok. And thats it....
It's a bit stupid since the fanart and thumb are already stored and visible in file mode but when this action performed manually it also show fanart for library mode.
I'm experiencing the same issue, only the solution in the previous post does not solve anything for me.

Anyone who came up with a solution for this?

I've noticed that the poster.jpg fails to be loaded for movies that are in .iso format.
If you use an external source use smb: in front of your path name.
That solved things in my case.
Strat_87 Wrote:If you use an external source use smb: in front of your path name.
That solved things in my case.

OH MY GOD..... I had to register to post this. For last few YEARS I have been trying every single new XBMC version that came out, and always had the problem of posters not showing up.

I must have tried all media managers in existence, all combinations of movie.tbn, <moviename>.tbn, poster.tbn, poster.jpg, folder.jpg, <moviename>.jpg, all combinations of "use foldernames for lookup".... I read hundreds of forum posts, all the wiki pages that deal with how to store metadata for movies, tv series etc.... and in the end nothing ever worked and I always kept on switching back to media portal.

That is until today when I saw your post about prepending smb:// when adding network shares. You can imagine my shock when I realized that I have been struggling with this problem literally for YEARS only to find out that the solution was that simple all along. I can't imagine how many more people had the exact same problem that I did.

I'm beyond relieved that I finally found out what the problem was, but why has this not been fixed? It seems like a pretty obvious enhancement to internally prepend smb:// to samba shares that are add as sources.

In any case, thank you a million times for this tip, XBMC just became an option again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem visualizing posters & fanart in library mode0