[LIVE] Updating with SVN PPA
I'm considering switching from my current regular Ubuntu + SVN PPA install to a Live install however I am curious to whether it is still possible to update a Live install via the SVN PPA? I've seen the instructions on here for doing so and it looks basically the same as with a regular install however does that mean you end up losing the 'standalone' aspects of xbmc? That wasn't made clear and I would assume that you do since the PPA version won't be built with the 'standalone' features used by Live.

I'm hoping that Lirc will run better under Live than it does under my current setup... the mceusb remote will randomly just stop working and require a full reboot to fix. Also want to see if Suspend/Resume work any better (they don't at all currently, either Lirc or Nvidia modules are not unloading correctly).

Thanks,

Seoras.
XBMC Live is very stable i use it day to day and have done for a LONGGGG time. And yes updating to the latest PPA release is very easy once a few minor changes are made.

No MCE remote issues here... apart from batteries going flat coz XBMC is to awesome Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Updating with SVN PPA0