mmote - Another Windows Mobile Remote
Hello all!

I was looking for a nice program for my old HTC Touch to control my xbmc but ended up writing my own program for the fun of it. I would like to share it with everybody here Big Grin

As it is now it only supports QVGA, other resolutions and landscape mode will distort the controls but will still be usable.

Current functions are:
-Navigation
-Play/Pause, Stop, Rewind, FastForward, Next Previous
-Back
-Information button
-Menu
More will be added later on.

Screenshots and downloads are available from: http://www.tweakedsolutions.nl/mmote

ideas are very welcome Smile
Thanks for contributing to the commuity - it is always great to see more apps available for XBMC!

One thought...
there is a great Android app being heavily developed with tons of sweet features. If you have desire to add more features to your app, you might be able to develop a WinMo branch of the Android app and keep the feature set it has. It would be nice to have a large development of a single mobile app for XBMC.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
At last a qvga remote that works. As has been said giving this app the same functions as the android or iphone apps would be great. You could go even further having seen the iphone app at work you can dial into xbmc over the 3g network what would be even better would be to combine this app with vnc so you could connect anywhere in the world to your xbmc machine and get it recording using say navi-x. As for the interface cool and clean but could do with a marked centre button (had to figure that out for myself) also could do with a shutdown button.

Brilliant work though. Nice to see that WinMo is not forgotten.Nod
Just tested this great little app on the beta of XBMC Dharma on Linux and it works great. Doesnt come up with the on screen prompt to tell you it is connected but thats all. It even works with Navi-X the settings icon (2 cogs) brings up the download menu in Navi-X.Big Grin
[bump]
OK - I realise that WM6.1 is obsolete technology, but though this thread was worth bumping as there's not much out there for a windoze mobile6 xbmc remote, and this worked a treat for me, so may be a help to anyone else scouring the web for similar.

I'm using an HTC Polaris running Windoze Mobile 6

Downloaded the latest .NET Compact Framework 3.5 Redistributable from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...aspx?id=65 , then ran the install for this from my laptop with the mobile attached, and it installed the correct software onto the mobile.

Downloaded the zip file with the remote control executable from http://www.tweakedsolutions.nl/mmote/ - extracted the exe from the zip & copied it directly to the mobile (no proper install .cab file)

Click on the mmote.exe on the mobile, then select settings and set the ip address in the remote to the machine that XBMC runs on: used the default port value already set in the remote-control software (:9777) - obviously setting this value in the XBMC settings

Clicked "Login" and everything worked first time - most unexpected Laugh

Well done Muesli_Reep Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mmote - Another Windows Mobile Remote0