HELP - Remote issues XBMC Live, Antec VERIS Multimedia Station Basic
Huh
Putting together a XBMC Live PC with Asus ION Motherboard and Antec VERIS IR receiver for the bedroom to replace an aging XBOX

WAF is for the unit to be completely silent and no blinking LED's when off (she is a light sleeper)

Got the Antec IR module as it lets me turn off/ON the PC with the remote and all the lights stop blinking... Big Grin

I'm able to power on the PC with the included remote, but none of the keys except ENTER work on the orignal remote under XBMC ?

Appreciate if someone can point me to a tutorial to enable this IR module to work under XBMC live

My ultimate goal is to replace the VERIS remote with a Harmony Remote that we currently use with the XBOX

I did find a thread that taks about setting up an Antec VFD/IR combo in XBMC, is this the same setup i need to follow ?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63129

Also am not good at Unix, so if there are ready files that I can copy over to the box, it would help

Appreciate your help

i tried the guide above, but looks like the remote does not register as the same name, and I'm completetly lost. The BACK and ENTER buttons work under XBMC..

appreciate any help

Thanks
Did you ever got it to work? I just bought the same IR receiver and want to install it in my home made HTPC running XBMC Live.

Thanks.
I eneded up using a MCE Remote (from ebay for $10) along with the VERIS

Use the VERIS to turn on /off the PC and the MCE to controll. The VERIS is not connected to USB, just to the power switch and ATX power supply..

Programmed the Power ON/OFF sequence from the VERIS in my Harmony Remote

Hope that helps

Moded my mini ITX case to mount the MCE receiver on the side (everything is now inside the case) The Dremel finally came in handy Big Grin
Thanks for reply. I just put together my HTPC yesterday and installed XBMC Live. I have to get wireless internet working first then I will poke around trying to get the Antec IR receiver to work. Unless I am not successful, then I will get the dremel tool out of the closet and follow your advice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HELP - Remote issues XBMC Live, Antec VERIS Multimedia Station Basic0