Background fanart slower in poster view than fanart view
I'm using an acer revo dual core (which wouldnt be a beast!), but background fanart is slow to load in poster view. In fanart view it seems instant as I scroll through my movies. Anyone else experience this? Fanart view just seems a lot smoother than poster view.

Also the rss feed is very jittery in the movies section as if its going to stop if its going to stop every few seconds.
You could try just turning fanart off, Alaska doesn't rely on it too heavily so it generally looks fine when it's off.
It's quicker in Fanart view simply because you've got the next 2 fanart images either side of the focused one on screen meaning they're already loaded in the memory and don't need loading when you scroll.
thanks for the info

I'm trying to understand why the performance of my acer revo seems so bad compared to my asrock which has the same spec, on the poster view.

I do have an awful lot of movies (1800+), but scrolling through them on the asrock is fine, while on the acer revo its very jerky (even jerky with a small amount of films scanned in)

@Hitcher

what spec pc do you use?

Looking at your alaska videos on youtube it seems to fly through the movies in poster view.
Hitcher Wrote:It's quicker in Fanart view simply because you've got the next 2 fanart images either side of the focused one on screen meaning they're already loaded in the memory and don't need loading when you scroll.

would it be possible to load the next/previous fanart pictures in the background with poster view as well?
furii Wrote:would it be possible to load the next/previous fanart pictures in the background with poster view as well?
In a word, no.
Poster view loads slower on my PC than on my old XBOX, kinda strange since my PC is way faster. This happens on all my kins though, i'm wondering if my PC pulls it from imdb where as my xbox stores the images locally. Never did get to the bottom of that.
Your Xbox is probably running at lower resolution and it definitely stores all the cached thumbs at a resolution.
I have the xbox set as 1080 for the res, same as the PC. Is there anyway to force the PC to store the images locally? or do I have to create nfo files and manually download the fanart + posters using something like EMM?
Sounds like you'll need to change the thumbsize for your PC then.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...umbsize.3E
Cool, i'll give that a shot and see if that improves it. Thanks!
You'll have to delete the old ones first though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Background fanart slower in poster view than fanart view0