9.11 repack interlacing and tearing playback issues
all,

I'm running the repacked 9.11 on the following hardware:
Motherboard - Zotac IONITX-A-U
USB memory key - SanDisk cruzer Titanium 8GB
Memory - 2 x 2GB Corsair xtreme DDR2
VDPAU is turned on in video seeeings

On high definition video files, I'm getting what appears to be (to my untrained eye,) interlacing issues in pans and fast paced scenes, and I'm also seeing tearing (as if the current frame on the screen isn't drawn fully before the next frame starts drawing. It creates clearly visible deliniations that jump around in the middle part of the screen.) These artifacts weren't visible on 9.04.1.

In 9.04.1 there was a deinterlace option, but I don't see it in 9.11. I can prepare a debug log if needed, but was hoping that other have seen this and figured out how to resolve it.

Thank You
Pasqual
Deinterlacing is not working well for vdpau yet. But tearing should not be a problem.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Actually thsi may have been a rookie mistake. I noticed these issues immediatelly after I enabled VDPAU on a brand new install, however upon reboot it seems that the tearing issues are gone, though there is still some interlacing artifacts. Perhaps you need to reboot after activating VDPAUHuh
Thanks
Pasqual
I'm also getting tearing, not just on HD files, normal files. Also on the ION platform
I'm on the ION platform too, try these settings in /etc/X11/xorg.conf for a smooth playback
Quote: Option "NoLogo" "True"
Option "DynamicTwinView" "False"
Option "Composite" "Disable"
Option "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"
Option "DigitalVibrance" "63"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
9.11 repack interlacing and tearing playback issues0