[LIVE] How to update to the last 9.04 build?
Need a little help with unix commands. I had to format my revo because the dam upgrade didn't work so well and my revo just got messed up. I tried more then once and the upgrade is not working.

However the 9.04 which I have ready for installation is the first build and since then there were some improvements namely for example the bug of not downloading some fanart/poster from thetvdb.com website.

Resuming how do I update to the last 9.04 build. Normal apt-get update doesn't work because he also retrieves 9.11 content and XBMC stops loading.

Thanks
Anyone? :confused2:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc/files/ and under All Files, Babylon - 9.04 download XBMC_Live-9.04.1.zip.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc/files/ and under All Files, Babylon - 9.04 download XBMC_Live-9.04.1.zip.

JR

hi thanks for the reply. I have that version installed. I wanted even the unofficial ones that have been made prior to 9.11

this version has some bugs and some features missing, e.g., I cannot see the video info, SD, 720p, DTS, Dolby etc..., some recently added fanart and posters on thetvdb.com cannot be downloaded, some videos when exiting crash.

All of this happen to me but eventually went away while I was updating it. Now if I make an update won't work because he updates with 9.11 packages and everything is messed up XBMC won't even start just goes to the console
Grippen Wrote:I have that version installed. I wanted even the unofficial ones that have been made prior to 9.11

There are no official releases of intermediate builds. You would have to check out whatever build number you want from the SVN then compile it yourself. Why not just use 9.11 instead?

JR
Sad 
jhsrennie Wrote:There are no official releases of intermediate builds. You would have to check out whatever build number you want from the SVN then compile it yourself. Why not just use 9.11 instead?

JR

As far as I read there has been problems. More I tried to upgrade to it using

sudo -s
aptitude update
aptitude upgrade
reboot

The result was a mess XBMC doesn't load after the first splash screen just shows some weird info about the battery.

I have an ION Acer Revo which doesn't have any battery. So I'm pretty stucked
Ok managed to find a solution on how to install 9.11 it is not related to this topic but I will put it here anyway a mod feel free to edit this if necesary.

I was running 9.04.1 on a ION Revo 3600. The normal update -> upgrade was not working. Even the solution for aptitude update -> aptitude upgrade was bringing problems so here is the sequence of commands which put it to work.

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo reboot

sudo apt-get install xbmc
sudo apt-get -f install

Finally follow the instructions on how to update the nvidia drivers
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=442452

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] How to update to the last 9.04 build?0