• 2(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)
Hi,

a friend of mine compiled the XBMC with PVR unified, and it looks and feels amazing (he has a PVR-Linux Box, which could be connected to XBMC - Unified PVR, and everything is working fine...

Maybe the best afford would be, doing the PVR unified middle layer for MediaPortal?

i'm going to search the forum about more information... the most difficult part would be, that the unified PVR stuff is not a python plugin, and it's not compiled into the 9.11 Windows Version...

what do you think? maybe you do things, which will be obsolete soon?

best regards,
Hello from Spain.
I have managed to form it adequately, and can see the tv in OSX LEOPARD perfectly, with XBMC's version for my OS.
I Sending the sign with a PC with Windows XP like server so much a Xbox, a Mackintosh and 2 PC in Windows Vista perfectly.
Thnaks for the work.

Sorry for my English.
javimelon Wrote:Hello from Spain.
I have managed to form it adequately, and can see the tv in OSX LEOPARD perfectly, with XBMC's version for my OS.
I Sending the sign with a PC with Windows XP like server so much a Xbox, a Mackintosh and 2 PC in Windows Vista perfectly.
Thnaks for the work.

Sorry for my English.

So you got it to work on a Mac? What do you mean you "managed to form it"?
della chef Wrote:Hi ,first of all a big THANK YOU ! ,i very apreciate that finally somebody is working on a working solution for the mp tv server ,very cool.
Unfortunatly it doesn´t work yet at my system. (but almost)

so :
i have my tv server working on a win7 machine with mysql ,it is working for my Mp client on the laptop.

i installed everything as u described here and if i press on videoplugins - tv server plugin on xbmc it lists the channels but when i press the channel tvserver xbmc.exe says playchannel result .... and a rtsp:// link wich is not my server and then it says handling command ;connection closed

what did i make wrong ?

can u help me ?

here is what it says :

[...]

so if u could help me make it working it would be cool ,
thanx ,
greetings della chef

Your network is IPv6 (well, your router is), I think XBMC can't resolve the address and fails. I will try to fix it in my next release, hope to hear if it's working for you when it's released.

modyficater Wrote:Hi,

a friend of mine compiled the XBMC with PVR unified, and it looks and feels amazing (he has a PVR-Linux Box, which could be connected to XBMC - Unified PVR, and everything is working fine...

Maybe the best afford would be, doing the PVR unified middle layer for MediaPortal?

i'm going to search the forum about more information... the most difficult part would be, that the unified PVR stuff is not a python plugin, and it's not compiled into the 9.11 Windows Version...

what do you think? maybe you do things, which will be obsolete soon?

best regards,

Create thinking, if you can give me some documentation (I was already looking for it) it should be great! The plugin for MediaPortal should already support ALL the functions MediaPortal has to offer. So yes pleas go for it!

javimelon Wrote:Hello from Spain.
Thnaks for the work.

Sorry for my English.

Hello Spain! Great to hear, have fun using it! I will soon update the script (hopefully to support PVR unified)

Note: For people which are having trouble playing a channel, it's all IP/hostname related (you probably have installed other network adapters (wifi + LAN or VMWare or a VPN connection). C# tries to get the IP address by sending a name lookup, but at the moment this fails on some PC's. I will rewrite this to get it working on more PC's.
thank you ,of course i will give feedback ,can´t await the new release !

greetings from austria !
Plug-in is fantastic!! Awesome work & working well here in the land of OZ
Great step forward with TV/PVR Integration win XBMC in the Windows Format
[I think I emulate the MythTV layer Smile

XBMC can handle the MythTV Protocol. Since my plugin CAN emulate this, you won't have to install a XBMC plugin Smile AND it will always integrate nicely in any skin!

We can't use Unified PVR at the moment, since the project is "dead" (no active developers). Hope to get something working fast Smile]

Edit: Sad it isn't a protocol (though it's called a protocol)! It uses a DB connection (etc. etc.) to get it all working... Sucks big time!
XiniX88 Wrote:[I think I emulate the MythTV layer Smile

XBMC can handle the MythTV Protocol. Since my plugin CAN emulate this, you won't have to install a XBMC plugin Smile AND it will always integrate nicely in any skin!

We can't use Unified PVR at the moment, since the project is "dead" (no active developers). Hope to get something working fast Smile]

Edit: Sad it isn't a protocol (though it's called a protocol)! It uses a DB connection (etc. etc.) to get it all working... Sucks big time!

What does that mean, that it not going to work?

The plugin is not working yet (did not had the time to try it more yet) but I love the plugin allready Big Grin
AndreStarTrek Wrote:What does that mean, that it not going to work?

The plugin is not working yet (did not had the time to try it more yet) but I love the plugin allready Big Grin

That means there still isn't a way to integrate it without writing a script/plugin. It doesn't mean I can't find another way, but I searched for a nice way to integrate it in XBMC. XBMC has some great projects like unified PVR and the mythtv protocol that will allow me to integrate it in XBMC, but the mythtv protocol isn't a protocol, but a script and the unified PVR project is far from finished.

So I have to create a script my own (which will cost me loads of time).
XiniX88 Wrote:That means there still isn't a way to integrate it without writing a script/plugin. It doesn't mean I can't find another way, but I searched for a nice way to integrate it in XBMC. XBMC has some great projects like unified PVR and the mythtv protocol that will allow me to integrate it in XBMC, but the mythtv protocol isn't a protocol, but a script and the unified PVR project is far from finished.

So I have to create a script my own (which will cost me loads of time).

Just to prevent double work (for a Unified PVR plugin), here a pre-announcement of my MediaPortal PVR plugin for XBMC (pvrtesting2 branch).

See my website for some screenshots and the current status:
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc/

Most things are working. I am currently testing and cleaning up my code to prepare a submission to alwinus for the pvrtesting branch.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Lists Channels fine in XBMC, when viewing a channel it keeps relisting all the channels. Im at a loss, any ideas thx inadvance ?

Quote:--
CHANNEL : 70;TOPUP Anytime4
--
CHANNEL : 51;Unknown 3EB0
--
Handling command; IsTimeshifting
Handling command; CloseConnection
Connection closed
Connection complete, listening for new connection..
New Connection! Not listening for any new connections
Correct protocol, connection accepted!
Handling command; TimeshiftChannel
rtsp://192.168.1.65/stream1.0 << TIMESHIFT url
PlayChannel result : rtsp://192.168.1.65/stream1.0
Handling command; CloseConnection
Connection closed
Connection complete, listening for new connection..
New Connection! Not listening for any new connections
Correct protocol, connection accepted!
Handling command; ListChannels
CHANNEL : 12;BBC ONE
--
CHANNEL : 13;BBC TWO
yahooo this is what i have been waiting for for like a million years =)
just wanted this post to be a big thanks for a nice job.
and it works fine, tried with mediaportal up and the plugin even told me what channels i could not watch.
margro Wrote:Just to prevent double work (for a Unified PVR plugin), here a pre-announcement of my MediaPortal PVR plugin for XBMC (pvrtesting2 branch).

See my website for some screenshots and the current status:
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc/

Most things are working. I am currently testing and cleaning up my code to prepare a submission to alwinus for the pvrtesting branch.

Do you have any release date?

This will be a joyful day with all the plug-ins that are coming out for MediaPortal TVserver.

Maybe a race, the first one that brings MediaPortal TVserver to XBMC with al it glory. Just joking of course Big Grin, just waited a long time that this is happening and I think I am not alone on this.
After lurking the forum for rougly a year, I registered to say you're a god.

I've been fooling around with this because the analog cable signal where I live is _extremely_ poor, so I needed digital TV. Now the only possibility here is DVB-T, but that's all PayTV and needs CAM cards. My analog card would work under MythTV but a DVB-T tuner with CAM won't. I had to use MediaPortal, but then XBMC wouldn't support that. Only solution I could come up with was a set-top box, controlled by a MythTV box running Linux (as it can't connect to PCI cards while running from a VM, it had to be a physical second machine), then transport that output to the Linux box over composite, and then over the net to xbmc. This offcourse sucks.

Well anyway, not too interesting. I can't test this stuff right now as I don't have a normal PC around anymore (only laptops) where I can plug in a tuner. In about a week, I'm getting myself a new HTPC and this plugin will be the first thing I'm going to test. As I'm a Python developer, I might be able to help you out where necessary.

Edit: I see it's running in the Confluenze skin, that's sweet!
AndreStarTrek Wrote:Do you have any release date?

I will try to put my patches (against a specific svn version of the pvrtesting2 branch) online within one week.

They are not yet suitable for the latest version because I'm having problems with the recent ffmpeg update in svn Sad. The previous version (also used for 9.11) had no sound for the MediaPortal rtsp streams (which I could fix with a small patch), but now I see that streams sometimes start and sometimes just don't play but do after a retry.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)8