• 39(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)
Hi.

This issue might have been answered before, but I don´t seem to find any answers since 2010-07...

I´ve installed the latest build, 10.0, and it worked fine on my livingroom HTPC.
I have 3 more HTPC´s around the house and I´ve used MP for TV and XBMC for the rest for all of them before.
So imagine how glad I was when I got this to work with only XBMC...

Well I just installed your build on my bedroom HTPC and just for fun I tried to start both HTPCs on the same channel, everything bugged out! Will come to that further down...

To give you a little info of my setup.

1 TV Server (Win7) running ONLY MP server, separate 10000 rpm disc for timeshifting. (E)

This Computer has 2x FireDTV tuning 3 cam limits each
2 Haupage dual tuner cards split up into 4 tuners x3 cam limits each
This gives me a total of 18 cam limits.
This would in my world (and has worked like a charm with the MP clients) make it possible to watch the same channel on any HTPCs simultaniously in the house. And recording.

1 Win HomeServer for storage but also for the NewCS card client.
To ease the load of the TV server

4 soon 5 HTPCs running XBMC and MP (hopefully soon only XBMC)

Problem:
When I started a coded channel on both HTPCs the second HTPC could not start the channel.
I stoped it on both and after that nothing worked, not even the TV service on the TV server. It had been stoped and I had to manually restart it.
Is this a known problem or have a missed a setting somewhere?

After a few more tries I´ve managed to get it to show the same channel but when changing channels it kills the TV-Service on the TV server...
Why is that? Any settings to be made on the MP TV server side?

Sincerly

//Talle
WOW! Big Grin

this (link) works great for me, with a win 7 32bit on a zotac atom/ion platform.
actually, I had much less problems with xmbc, to bring good audio and video (synchronized) to the screen than with the mediaportal frontend, without installing codecs, plugins etc....

I would like to open the onscreen channel list with one button on my remote, is there a built in function for this, so that I can assign it to a button

nice to have would be, that on this channellist for each channel also the epg info for theTV show, that comes up next, could be displayed.

another nice to have would be a zappinig history or a function to swap channels.

thanks for this great work

a former mediaportal- now convinced XBMC user!
To atom83, if your post was an answer to me, this is my reply. Smile

atom83 Wrote:WOW! Big Grin

this (link) works great for me, with a win 7 32bit on a zotac atom/ion platform.
actually, I had much less problems with XBMC, to bring good audio and video (synchronized) to the screen than with the mediaportal frontend, without installing codecs, plugins etc....

This is the one I use.

atom83 Wrote:I would like to open the onscreen channel list with one button on my remote, is there a built in function for this, so that I can assign it to a button

nice to have would be, that on this channellist for each channel also the epg info for theTV show, that comes up next, could be displayed.
Well I do not have any problem with the mapping part, I just can´t find the buttons used for changing channels...
Hi Margo

have you had a chance to look at my issue, is there anything else you need from me to investigate?
@ margro,

i have investigated my fracturing playback on one of my pcs using the tv server addon, and it seems cpu runs 100% during playback of sd channels.

cpu is 2.8 GHZ pentium with CUDA Gfx Card. plays 720p *.mkv fine.

on a side note, when debugging is turned on, cpu runs 100% sometimes while in menus idle for xbmc on same build.

ill test on faster cpu pc and report back

regards,
Dam0
Hi Dam0

i think i'm having a similar issue, what do you mean by fracturing playback, do you mean the signal appears to be breaking up?
Any updates guys?
@ Lestat,

yeah mpeg2 typical breaking up with audio spikes.

Dam0
pls find attached *.Rars for ;

1 x remote client playing live stream with some stutters single core cpu http://www.mycomputermate.com/xbmc.RemoteSingleCore.rar

1 x remote client playing live stream with some stutters on dual core cpu http://www.mycomputermate.com/xbmc.RemoteDualCore.rar

1 x local client playing live stream with minimal stuttering on quad core cpu http://www.mycomputermate.com/xbmc.127.0.0.1.rar

i hope this makes sense to you, and i look forward to your feedback when you have some time.

regards,
Dam0
I'm having a little trouble getting EPG from XMLTV working through MP - EPG grabbing works fine, but XBMC won't show any info if only the XMLTV plugin in MP is enabled... Can this work at all?
Hi,

Love the Live TV release. My only issue since changing from standard Dharma 10 release is that some of my videos now no longer play at all nor does the file audio and video information display. I reverted back to Dharma 10 and they played fine and all the file info such as Audio and Video info (i.e. 1080p, DTS etc) displayed.

I have searched the forum and found a post on this thread with a similar issue (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65488&page=55) which apparently is fixed with a patch. I have tried this patch with no luck.

Here the error message in the xbmc.log
16:44:41 T:3932 M:1956229120 ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - exception 'Access violation' thrown during av_find_stream_info
16:44:41 T:3932 M:1956229120 WARNING: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - av_find_stream_info could not find codec parameters for smb://ACER-REVO/Users/ricky/Videos/Back_To_The_Future_Part_III_1990_1080p_BluRay_DTS_x264_CtrlHD[1]/Back To The Future Part III 1990 1080p BluRay DTS x264-CtrlHD.mkv

Can anyone help me please?
@Dam0: playback problems with MediaPortal PVR client
According to your logs, you are using the ffmpeg version of the addon. With this addon, XBMC's ffmpeg library is responsible for the playback of the rtsp streams from MediaPortal and not the PVR client. My personal experience with rtsp playback in ffmpeg is exactly the same as yours: it is not reliable and will cause video/audio glitches on many machines. I can't fix that easily without replacing the internal ffmpeg library with a newer version hoping that this will fix your problem. Debugging ffmpeg under Windows within XBMC is almost undoable.

The other PVR client (MediaPortal TSReader) does not rely on ffmpeg for rtsp streaming and can even directly read from the MediaPortal timeshift buffer files. This version works much better for local playback. This addon can also work remote (need to change the default settings to rtsp streaming), however I've seen also here high CPU usage values and glitches under Windows 7. I'm still investigating them...

Another thing I saw from your logs is the usage of DXVA2. I've never tested this combination (Windows XP user, no Vista/7) but this could also cause/or deteriorate the amount of glitches. So try again without DXVA.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Talle Wrote:Problem:
When I started a coded channel on both HTPCs the second HTPC could not start the channel.
I stoped it on both and after that nothing worked, not even the TV service on the TV server. It had been stoped and I had to manually restart it.
Is this a known problem or have a missed a setting somewhere?

After a few more tries I´ve managed to get it to show the same channel but when changing channels it kills the TV-Service on the TV server...
Why is that? Any settings to be made on the MP TV server side?
Hmmz, never tested this in a multi-user/multi-tvcard setup.
My development test setup is limited to 4 FTA DVB-T channels on a single DVB-T usb stick, so this impossible for me to test Wink
My assumption is that it has nothing to do with your tv-server settings as long as it it working fine in MediaPortal itself. I guess that the TVServerXBMC code needs to be adapted/extended for usage in a setup like yours.
The sources are available on my website, so if you are familiar with C#, you could try to figure out what the problem is.

With respect to your other question about mapping remote buttons:
I don't know the details about the keyboard/remote mapping in combination with PVR. The keyboard mapping of the play/pause is not working either for the PVR window. I guess that internal key-to-action mapping in XBMC is not yet complete for the PVR related functions.
The buttons for changing channels on the keyboard are up/down arrow and numeric keypad for channel numbers.

Grt,
Marcel
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
... still trying to get XMLTV working.

Anyways, a few things aren't working for me: neither the ffmpeg nor TSReader addon will obey the "Free-to-air only" or "Include radio" options - in any case all TV and radio channels are imported.
Furthermore, specifying "Import only TV channels from group" will just produce a blank list (I have made some groups in the MP TV-Server Configuration of course). Am I supposed to use an ID of some sort and not the name of the group?

Are these known bugs or am I just doing something wrong?
@PiNCH:
I'm using MC2XML as one of the EPG data sources in the TVServer and this is working fine. Did you check whether it works in Mediaportal itself?
Which source and tool (if applicable) are you using for the EPG data?

The FTA option was not working in previous versions. I've fixed that one, so when you are running the latest Dharma build from my website, it should work. If not, please let me know. I can't reproduce it here.
(Or did you compile it from source?)
For the "Include radio" option: I have to check that one. Thanks for reporting.
The "Import only ..." option uses strings for group names. They should match exactly (case sensitive). I'm using it together with an "xbmc" group so it can work. An empty list indicates that the group is empty or cannot be found.

Which version of the TVServerXBMC plugin and MediaPortal TVServer are you using? Could you provide me with a DEBUG xbmc.log on pastebin (or somewhere else)?

Grt,
Marcel
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)8