• 4(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)
Thumbs Up 
Hey Margro/Marcel,

thank you for your work, it is very, very much appreciated!
I visit the Netherlands at least once a year Nod, if u want to I owe you a good dinner/box of bavarian beer/..you chose

I've done a win32 build yesterday and the first test looks very promising! Cool

Only Bug so far is, that the EPG is empty and the schedules dont work, wich is somehow related to the dates/times fetched (schedules are shown as timed for Jan. 1970, programers all know the date Wink.
It catches the EPG, but none is shown maybe because i view the Timeline for now, but it only has data for the first two weeks of 1970?

Besides of having no EPG/schedules, as I am using the ffmpeg dlls from your homepage I have no other problems so far. This is sooo awesome! Laugh
Even Channelswitching is working as fast/slow as with MediaPortal itself. Big Grin

I am using 8/1/2010 svn build of tvserver (newest weekly build)

Now I am going to do a new svn checkout of pvrtesting2, build with dxsdkAug09 instead of Summer04, and report back. Please feel free to request logs or my build or anything from me.

Since I've got lot's of other things to do too, it could take me up to a day to return here but I'm on it.

Cheers,
Anton

PS:
BTW - wtf is VC2009? There is VC2008 wich is 9.0 and there is VC2010B2 - what am I missing? Big Grin Anyway, I'm using VC++ 2008 Express for this.
Building was a breeze: simply compile xbmc, then the addonlib and the pvrlib and then your addon itself - or am I missing something here?
Lots of Warnings, no Errors.

PPS:
In the next days I'll have a OSX 10.5 / PowerPC devbox up'n'runnin to test your stuff from another platform, but I think I am going to face ffmpeg probs there. I hope I can hand out both OSXppc and Win32 builds on a regular base, let's see.

PPPS: How about some Threads for your work, one each for Bugs, Info and Builds? Do you need help with documentation or anything else?
ahuber Wrote:Hey Margro/Marcel,
Only Bug so far is, that the EPG is empty and the schedules dont work, wich is somehow related to the dates/times fetched (schedules are shown as timed for Jan. 1970, programers all know the date Wink.
It catches the EPG, but none is shown maybe because i view the Timeline for now, but it only has data for the first two weeks of 1970?
It has something todo with offsets w.r.t GMT. I've seen these problems a few times earlier on my Win XP machine (local offset GMT+1). The EPG entries are should be corrected for the timezone offset in XBMC itself, but it seems that it is not working in all cases. I will add more debugging messages here to figure out what causes this problem. B.t.w are you using a 32-bit build or 64 bit?

ahuber Wrote:Besides of having no EPG/schedules, as I am using the ffmpeg dlls from your homepage I have no other problems so far. This is sooo awesome! Laugh
Even Channelswitching is working as fast/slow as with MediaPortal itself. Big Grin
I am using 8/1/2010 svn build of tvserver (newest weekly build)
The ffmpeg build from 9.11 seems to work also. The current svn version gives some problems for me...
Nice to hear that also the weekly build is working. I didn't have time enough to test it.

ahuber Wrote:BTW - wtf is VC2009? There is VC2008 wich is 9.0 and there is VC2010B2 -
Hehe, this is a typo. Should have been VC2008

ahuber Wrote:PPS:
In the next days I'll have a OSX 10.5 / PowerPC devbox up'n'runnin to test your stuff from another platform, but I think I am going to face ffmpeg probs there. I hope I can hand out both OSXppc and Win32 builds on a regular base, let's see.
Currenty, I've done only WinXP tests. There are currently no Makefiles for Linux/OSX. The Linux version is on my todo list. For OSX, I need help from others as I don't have a Mac myself.

ahuber Wrote:PPPS: How about some Threads for your work, one each for Bugs, Info and Builds? Do you need help with documentation or anything else?
Good idea. Documentation is one of the first things that should be added (readme). Separate forum treads is a good idea, because my work kind of hyjacked this XBMP python plugin thread.
Unfortunately, I'm quite busy at the moment, so it will take a while...
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Though LiveTV is working (and many kudos for that),
a few things are still missing / broken;

A fixed IP is needed to create the rtsp uri;

some of my interfaces don't stream that well, and therefor I have specified TV-Server to only stream on a specific IP, however TVServerXBMC.exe just sends whatever it feels like, be it a hostname or an ip (only rarely the one I defined in TV-Server), thus giving XBMC a non-working stream url.

A fix for the EPG's, (but that was already pointed out earlier).

And another look at the following code from ServerInterfaces.cs;

Code:
//if (chan.ExternalId.Length > 0) {
                                //    ext_id = Int32.Parse(chan.ExternalId);
                                //}

I commented these out, because they conflict with my xmltv tvguide.

I use mc2xml and the xmltv plugin for TV-Server, and the Channel Id's are used as ExternalId's.

Code:
<channel id="I1.750821.microsoft.com">

You can obviously see how this doesn't work well with an integer parser Big Grin

But overall; I am really loving where this is going, many features seem to have already been done, and now it comes down to tweaking for others.

Many thanks already!
Skindred Wrote:A fixed IP is needed to create the rtsp uri;

some of my interfaces don't stream that well, and therefor I have specified TV-Server to only stream on a specific IP, however TVServerXBMC.exe just sends whatever it feels like, be it a hostname or an ip (only rarely the one I defined in TV-Server), thus giving XBMC a non-working stream url.
I am currently also using a fixed specific IP in the TV server as a workaround for having multiple network adapters (VMWare, VPN, Colinux and normal network).
Forgot about that todo. I saw yesterday a similar problem under Windows Vista, giving me an IPv6 address.

Skindred Wrote:And another look at the following code from ServerInterfaces.cs;

Code:
//if (chan.ExternalId.Length > 0) {
                                //    ext_id = Int32.Parse(chan.ExternalId);
                                //}

I commented these out, because they conflict with my xmltv tvguide.

I use mc2xml and the xmltv plugin for TV-Server, and the Channel Id's are used as ExternalId's.

Code:
<channel id="I1.750821.microsoft.com">

You can obviously see how this doesn't work well with an integer parser Big Grin
Hmmz, yup, that doesn't work. I will fix that.

Skindred Wrote:But overall; I am really loving where this is going, many features seem to have already been done, and now it comes down to tweaking for others.

Many thanks already!
Good to hear that things are also working for others. Thanks for testing. I am currently still investigating the EPG issue. The problem is for me that it is working on all three test machines (2x XP, 1 Vista), so I need to reproduce it first.
A few questions that may help me:
- Which OS are you using?
- Are you using a 32-bit or a 64-bit build (haven't tested this one) ?
- Which timezone are you using?
- Is the backend on the same machine or a different one?
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
margro Wrote:A few questions that may help me:
- Which OS are you using?
- Are you using a 32-bit or a 64-bit build (haven't tested this one) ?
- Which timezone are you using?
- Is the backend on the same machine or a different one?

Windows 7 x64
I assume it's a 32-bit build (since I don't know how to make a 64-bit one).
(Platform: Win32).
Timezone: GMT+1
Backend is one same machine.

I am in no way a C++ / C# developer.
All I can is interprete the code Smile

PS:

When using telnet to interface with TVServerXBMC, I get plain text EPG.

When using XBMC it sends the EPG in what appears to be html encoded data.
(lots of %20's and %7C's).

Problem is that I can't even find a small portion of the EPG in XBMC.

PPS:

Is there a page where this addon is discussed more indepth?
Or is this the main page?
hello ,i have my tv server running under win 7 on my desktop ,it is working well with my laptop and mediaportal client. when i try out the xbmc plugin it is working and i can see my channel groups but if i click on it and choose a channel folder it just opens another folder "current timeshifting" and the channelname.

so plz ,what do i wrong ? or wichinformaion i have to post that somebody is able to help me ? (same problem is on my xbox where i have the newest version of xbmc)

it seems to be so close to work for me ,so plz help me

And is there an idiot proof how to to compile the pvr testing 2 AND the patches ? that would be helpful ,i just wanna watch tv via my xbmc !

thank u ,greetings
della chef Wrote:when i try out the xbmc plugin it is working and i can see my channel groups but if i click on it and choose a channel folder it just opens another folder "current timeshifting" and the channelname.

I too have this problem, and I think it is related to multiple ip addresses on one PC, and also the use of netbios names which resolve to ipv6 addresses on newer operating systems.

You can test this out by disabling the dll plugin, and using the TVServerXBMC.exe solution instead.
If it says:
Code:
Socket write: True;rtsp://<hostname>/stream3.0;.........

You know that creates a problem.

Also do a
Code:
netstat -an | find "445"
to see where exactly MediaPortal is listening with it's streaming server.

On a sidenote, the TV Plugin does show current show,

and it gets the info with;

ListChannels:All%20Channels

BTW; margro, it would be handy to have debug logs for the C# project.
All I can find is the error.log file in
Code:
C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log
hi,
excuse my english i'm french.

i've just installed this plugin and it works.
i've just got two problems:

-no sound in tnt hd ( eac3).
-no interface in confluance like in the screenshots ( live tv ).

what do i do to have this item on the first page ?
which things do i change to have sound in eac3 channels (HD)?

edit: my OS is windows 7 32bits.
Hi guys, sorry if this doesn't belong in here but I'm having no luck anywhere else so maybe someone on here can help. I installed MediaPortal so I could try out this plugin and it was working but I had to uninstall MediaPortal as it was causing problems with Windows Media Centre (which I am using for TV at the moment until this is properly stable). I uninstalled MySql too which is needed for MediaPortal but now if I try and re-install MediaPortal with MySql it comes up with a Password Error on installing MySql. I've tried stopping the service, going into C-prompt and typing "sc delete mysql" and completely removing the mysql folder before reinstalling but still no joy. If anyone could help I'd be a very happy chap indeed - this has been doing my head in for about a week now and I just can't find the answers I need through google, mysql or mediaportal sites. I presume there is some password saved somewhere on the system that I need to delete but no idea where that could be? I'm on Windows 7 64 bit btw. Thanks in advance.
[quote=Skindred]I too have this problem, and I think it is related to multiple ip addresses on one PC, and also the use of netbios names which resolve to ipv6 addresses on newer operating systems.

You can test this out by disabling the dll plugin, and using the TVServerXBMC.exe solution instead.
If it says:
Code:
Socket write: True;rtsp://<hostname>/stream3.0;.........

You know that creates a problem

Thanx for the quick answer ,and we know now whats the problem ,but the question is how to solve ? i mean yeah my network uses ipv6 ,but how can i get the plugin running now ? (i´m not that much into computer stuff)

greetings
whufclee Wrote:I presume there is some password saved somewhere on the system that I need to delete but no idea where that could be? I'm on Windows 7 64 bit btw. Thanks in advance.

Try (case sensitive):

Code:
MediaPortal

della chef Wrote:Thanx for the quick answer ,and we know now whats the problem ,but the question is how to solve ? i mean yeah my network uses ipv6 ,but how can i get the plugin running now ? (i´m not that much into computer stuff)

greetings

Don't think there is anything we can do, except for waiting on margro to add an entry in his settings.xml
For example
Code:
<StreamIP>192.168.1.2</StreamIP>
margro Wrote:Yup. the code is online now. See http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc/

The patches against the pvrtesting2 branch are submitted to the XBMC devs: See http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8525

hi,just tried your plugin,great work.

i can see this msg in your page:

Update: 15-01-2010: The MediaPortal PVR addon wass added by Alwinus to the pvr-testing2 branch in r26861

can you please give us a link for a win32 build?

thanks
toutoune290 Wrote:hi,
excuse my english i'm french.

i've just installed this plugin and it works.
i've just got two problems:

-no sound in tnt hd ( eac3).
-no interface in confluance like in the screenshots ( live tv ).

what do i do to have this item on the first page ?
which things do i change to have sound in eac3 channels (HD)?

edit: my OS is windows 7 32bits.
With the plugin you mean the python plugin I assume...
The screenshots are for the PVR addon (a dll, not a python plugin) and this requires currently a custom build, which is not available as a precompiled package right now.

With respect to the eac3 sound problem, this is not directly related to the mediaportall plugin, but more a problem in ffmpeg. What I saw in XBMC 9.04 was that ffmpeg incorrectly detected the teletext stream as eac3 sound. Therefore I made a small change to ffmpeg (the modified version on my website). As far as I know and can test with my DVB-T and DVB-C adaptors, the ffmpeg version from 9.11 gives me always a working audio stream.
Could you enable debugging in XBMC's settings and check the log file for the "ffmpeg" lines that show with streams it detects? If there are multiple audio streams in the log file, of which the second one is the correct one (you can check that by opening the rtsp:// stream in VLC player), it is for sure a bug in ffmpeg and we should open a TRAC ticket for that issue.
patito Wrote:can you please give us a link for a win32 build?
I don't have enough webspace to host this build at the moment and I'm not aware of other daily builds of XBMC that include the PVR work.
Skindred Wrote:Don't think there is anything we can do, except for waiting on margro to add an entry in his settings.xml
For example
Code:
<StreamIP>192.168.1.2</StreamIP>

Will add that as a workaround. Another solution is to change the streaming ip to a fixed IPv4 one (e.g. 192.168.1.2) in the MediaPortal TVserver configuration tool. Default is "auto" and it gives me an IPv6 stream when I enable IPv6 under Win XP.

Hopefully I've enough time this weekend to update the TVServerXBMC dll/executable for this IP issue. I will also try to add a log file feature and I still have to write more documentation... Enough todo's Big Grin
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)8