• 41(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)
WOW, thanks for a great job, i think this will suit my needs, but there is so much to read in this thread, maybe its time to start a new one with the newest releae or wait until the next one?

It could be nice if someone could state something about what is missing, whats already there, and so on Smile

All so what ton install on Linux, windows and so on,

Thanks for a great job!!
I agree,

This thread should be closed and redirected to "PVR Deveopment" under development section, with an updated first page thread containing Current status.

Things are happening people !! :-D finally hehehe
just would like to know if anybody managed to get a decent pic quality in xbmc livetv yet ?

cause without any deinterlacing or only software deinterlacing its pretty bad compared to
playback with any other dsshow based player.
Alturismo,

You're right, though it's in the developers best interests to implement DXVA deinterlacing. At the moment the only way to deinterlace is to deactivate DXVA and this is just not acceptable for most, if not all users of xbmc.

But it's up to the official XBMC developers to implement the video improvements. The PVR plugins themselves can be completed without this feature for now, though it's taking time.

I personally think it would be better if XBMC were to have its very own TV Backend, that way all the development can be concentrated toward improving on one fully featured backend, as appose to MANY different plugins, because things become quickly "lost" and rather messy in tracking all this progress... I don't know how all this will work out in the end, i could be all wrong :-).

But yes, i believe DXVA deinterlacing is planned for the future. Though i don't see it in the roadmap any time soon... That's a shame.
thanks for your answer, i just almost couldnt believe theres yet no decent
deinterlace solution in xbmc and i looked myself all over and over again to
get a decent quality ... Wink

lets see what future brings Wink
Hi Fenceman - sorry for delayed reply - hope this all helps - we've got the same set-up so *fingers crossed*

What you need:

Latest @margro PVR build: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7249985/xbmc/xbm...PVR_v2.exe (before installing do a complete uninstall of the older version)

Media Portal 1.1.2: http://www.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-download

Install Media Portal first with particular attention to the TV Server bit (I use computer name over IP address and had no problem with that)

In the set-up it asked me to manually download a bunch of files - go through that process but there's one file in particular that doesn't seem to exist. Umm.. which i can't remember but if you hit the same problem google the missing file. Advice (which worked) was to download a file of the same name (but with "64" missing from the end of it. Once downloaded just rename it to what Media Portal was expecting. This has worked for me. (sorry - that was a bit fuzzy)!

With XBMC PVR installed go to this location in Windows Explorer:

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\pvr.team-mediaportal.tvserver\TVServerXBMC\Debug\TVServerXBMC.exe

Create a short-cut from this file to your desktop. Always double-click this before opening XBMC. It's the bit that connects Media Portal to XBMC.

In XBMC configure your TSReader PVR addon and point it to the same hostname you set in MediaPortal.

That should do it.

Hope that helps

tp
Hi ShiverSt - *think* Margro's latest release needs the newer version of Media Portal (1.1.2 instead of 1.1.0) - here's the link: http://www.team-mediaportal.com/news/med...1-released

Hope that sorts it for you
Hi Margro,

Just a thank you + feature requests Smile for your work on this! It works really well for me on Win7 64. I get the occassional hang but it's a very small price to pay for all the functionality.

Two things which'd make this perfect - don't know if they're on your list already:

1) Inclusion of a standard keyboard.xml file that works with 'standard' windows remotes. I've actually learnt a tonne on how to build my own xml files but mine is still far from perfect and with the latest build I didn't think to copy that before I updated (eep!) - another learning experience! Smile (the mceremote plugin didn't work for me but i did find this great resource: http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remaptut.html courtesy of @elitegamer360 )

2) Scheduling a recording - would be absolutely great if I could choose to record 'all programs called / including term "X"' - at the minute I'm having to go in every 2 weeks (when the EPG updates) and manually add regular recordings - no biggie but would be great to automate (do wonder if the functionality is already there and i'm just doing something daft!)

Thanks again for your efforts - pretty slick work!
@ Teepee & Fenceman

If you copy the TVserverXBMC.Dll (and maybe the Gentle.Dll) file from: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\pvr.team-mediaportal.tvserver\TVServerXBMC\Release\ and paste it in the mediaportal plugin folder:C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins then run media portal TV server configuration go to plugins and put a tick in the XBMC box that should let XBMC connect to mediaportal without having to run the exe file each time.
Teepee, Thanks mate! Smile
I'll test it
@retro11 Really wanted that to work for me but afraid it doesn't. Placed both files in that Mediaportal plugin folder. Selected the xbmc tick box and come out (went in again to double check it had saved) but on opening XBMC it doesn't seem to activate - just get the standard 'please check your backend' error message. If i execute the shortcut on my desktop it then kicks in! Gutted - your tip makes total sense too! Will have an investigate tomorrow!
Teepee Wrote:@retro11 Really wanted that to work for me but afraid it doesn't. Placed both files in that Mediaportal plugin folder. Selected the xbmc tick box and come out (went in again to double check it had saved) but on opening XBMC it doesn't seem to activate - just get the standard 'please check your backend' error message. If i execute the shortcut on my desktop it then kicks in! Gutted - your tip makes total sense too! Will have an investigate tomorrow!
You might need to restart the TVserver service.

Regards,

Joop
I'm in the UK and couldn't find an option to record a series rather than just one episode. Am I missing something, or is it to do with the guide data?
Not sure if anyone experiences this or not or if it's ever been talked about, but I have this working fine on my windows 7, single seat setup. The problem is when I 'reboot' my machine, xbmc boots before the tv backend kicks in, so I get an error saying it cannot connect to backend.

I exit xbmc and then relaunch xbmc and it connects fine. The issue to me is that the TVService process takes longer to start then xbmc meaning xbmc cannot connect to the service because it simply hasn't started yet, I know I could download a program in order to 'delay' the startup of xbmc, but i don't want to do this.

Is anyone having this problem & is there a solution to this?

Cheers,
Loggio.
loggio Wrote:Not sure if anyone experiences this or not or if it's ever been talked about, but I have this working fine on my windows 7, single seat setup. The problem is when I 'reboot' my machine, xbmc boots before the tv backend kicks in, so I get an error saying it cannot connect to backend.

I exit xbmc and then relaunch xbmc and it connects fine. The issue to me is that the TVService process takes longer to start then xbmc meaning xbmc cannot connect to the service because it simply hasn't started yet, I know I could download a program in order to 'delay' the startup of xbmc, but i don't want to do this.

Is anyone having this problem & is there a solution to this?

Cheers,
Loggio.

I rarely restart, but when i do a i am experiencing the same issue as you are. I have a restart (xbmc) button on my remote so it´s not really a biggie. No solution though..
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)8