• 43(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)
I'm not trying to cause trouble here, but does anyone else have problems currently with the .ts recorded files when playing them back. Playback is especially juddery, worse than the dvr-ms recorded files from WMC and it keeps stopping an re-buffering.

I do understand that this is only early stuff and as such I shouldn't be relying on it, but wanted to know if the problem was specific to my setup and something I could sort out, or something that will need to be worked on from a coding level before final release to the public.
loggio Wrote:i cant see the option... i must be blind

Well i haven't tried myself but if you change the options in timer menu for days, you can choose specific weekdays, eg mon-wed-sun.

Sorry if my english is confusing, this is how you get there in confluence to try it yourself:

-LIVE TV
-TIMER (sidemenu)
-add timer
-change day (and time/name/period maybe)

good luck!
Ah yes I see!!

Lol all good, though this is by far not what I'm looking for...

It would be gret if when we push record, an option appears asking if we want to record series or episode.
OK, just a quick note following on from my earlier post and after doing some investigation. It may be of use to someone.

The .ts files recorded by mediaportal seem to play back perfectly with other media players, so in the short term I'll be sticking with using the XBMC front end to the pvr, and use another player if I want to watch them back. Hopefully longer term the playback issues can be sorted out and the system will be perfect (well once we can get series recording working as well Smile.

Anyway, a big thanks to the developers who've obviously put a lot of work into a very impressive system.
@loggio

Huh - thanks for that. I had a play - it was the poxy User Access Controls in Win7. Even tho I was using an admin account I had to completely disable UAC and it worked brilliantly!!

That's not ideal tho so have set them back - there must be (?) another fix..

Win7 UAC's are also what stopped the MCEremote plugin working for me also - ArGh!
Turn uac off... It's useless.
Codex70

The ts file plays back perfect on my atom pc. It must be the way your system is set up. Try turn on dxva and try play it back.
loggio Wrote:Codex70

The ts file plays back perfect on my atom pc. It must be the way your system is set up. Try turn on dxva and try play it back.

Have dxva turned on. I'd say it was a problem with the revo I'm streaming to, but the more powerful main pc doesn't play back well through xbmc and that's direct off the drive. Maybe your pc is a bit faster, but those files play back fine in other media players.

As said though these are early days, hopefully there's more to come!
My machine isn't powerful at all... It doesn't need to be.

It could be a number of things that's causing it, but XBMC plays the .ts file fine on even an old laptop i have sitting under my bed lol, so i really recommend you try to look harder at isolating the problem with your machine. It's not something XBMC developers have to fix... IMHO, there's nothing wrong with xbmc.
@codex70 I'm running a tiny underpowered Acer Revo R3610 (brilliant bit of kit!) and getting none of the problems you're experiencing (and it's running Win7 Smile ) - Margro's build has been pretty darn perfect for me so agree with @loggio.

When i used Media Center I messed around with the codecs to get it to run better - that caused me some problems initially that sound a little like yours - was wondering if you might have custom / downloaded codecs knocking around that might cause your problems?

@loggio Agreed re UACs - thanks for your help with that.

HTH

tp
Thanks guys. Out of interest, does it work OK when fast forwarding/rewinding the file. It almost completely locks up on my machine.

I actually did a completely clean install last week on the revo just so I could get xbmc working properly. I haven't installed any codecs or anything that doesn't come with windows by default. Seems strange though that it's only these files that are causing me a problem.

I'll try and dig a little deeper and see if I can find anything out, but I'm feeling a bit stumped right now!
@codex70 My forwarding / rewinding works perfectly (sorry!) - that said my standard windows media center remote Rewind Button doesn't work at all with XBMC - that's something i need to fix.

If anyone has a keyboard.xml file that's set up to mimic the 'standard' grey remote functions I'd kill for a copy of it! (particularly "Guide" = EPG / "Recorded TV" = Videos etc)

> I actually did a completely clean install last week on the revo

Ugh! I'd probably be looking at the MediaPortal (guess that's what you're using right?) TV Server config. My back and front end are on the same computer (i don't stream to anything else) and if that's the only difference we've got it's got to be a setting in there somewhere.. maybe.. :-) Hope that helps.
Right, just for anyone who's interested, or perhaps someone's got some ideas that could make things even better.

I was using ffmpeg with mediaportal under xbmc for both the server machine and the client. I've now switched the server to use tsreader and it plays perfectly. The client machine won't work using tsreader (I'm sure this has been covered before, but it's a fairly long thread, so don't shoot me if it has). Using ffmpeg, the files seems to be streamed from the server whether or not the streaming setting is checked under the pvr client settings. This is what seems to be causing me the problems.

Now the interesting this is that if I add the recorded tv folder to the videos sources, the recorded tv files play perfectly on the client machine as well. In the short term this obviously helps with the issue, and I'm sure this is something that they're working on. The only thing I was interested to know was whether the ffmpeg would work better if ffdshow was installed, or whether I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Sorry to go on about this, but it may help someone else.
Hi all,
Sorry for re-posting my questions (post #599), but I have not received any feedback.

I have been trying the Dharma PVR patched build (the latest two 18.12.10 and 23.01.11) since December. It's definitely great and works with both SD and HD streams.

The application works ok, but I'm still stuck on a few things. Here they are:
- switching or zapping between channels is slow (btw. 5 and 10 secs at least)
- the first time I switch from 3rd channel to 4th channel (RAI 3 to Rete 4 for me) I get the same issue described by whufclee in post #598. If I then stop and restart the TV stream once, this does not happen any more.
- I have enabled all the EPG plugins in the Media Portal TV Server, but I cannot get any EPG info on XBMC. I'm located in Italy

My setup is using an ASRock Core 100-HT BD with core i3 processor and integrated HD audio/video, Win 7 64-bit, the latest patched XBMC PVR with the TS reader, media portal TV Server 1.1.2, Avermedia A835 DVB-T USB stick.

Note that in Media Portal channel switching is ok as you would expect from a PC based TV tuner.

Many thanks again in advance for any help you could provide.

Ciao
Andreacom
Been playing around with this, seems to be working well. I've got one question about adding recorded tv from mediaportal to the tv show library. Is there an easy way to add one off recordings, or is there a media manager that can pull in the XML info stored by mediaportal and convert for use with xbmc. Ii know this may be a bit off topic, so if it needs a new thread let me know, and I have tried the search but couldn't find anything that helps.
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)8