• 5(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)
margro Wrote:Will add that as a workaround. Another solution is to change the streaming ip to a fixed IPv4 one (e.g. 192.168.1.2) in the MediaPortal TVserver configuration tool. Default is "auto" and it gives me an IPv6 stream when I enable IPv6 under Win XP.

Hopefully I've enough time this weekend to update the TVServerXBMC dll/executable for this IP issue. I will also try to add a log file feature and I still have to write more documentation... Enough todo's Big Grin

I do use a fixed ip in MediaPortal, but still the plugin sends me different IP's and sometimes the netbios name (aka hostname).

As for documentation, I am willing to help out, I can do both Dutch and English.
I'm really struggeling getting XBMC_MPTV to build properly...
It starts when Linking....

Could anyone help me figure out what step i missed doing? Smile

1>Linking...
1> Creating library Release/XBMC_MPTV.lib and object Release/XBMC_MPTV.exp
1>libcpmt.lib(string.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "const type_info::`vftable'" (??_7type_info@@6B@)
1>recordings.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "const type_info::`vftable'" (??_7type_info@@6B@)
1>Socket.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "const type_info::`vftable'" (??_7type_info@@6B@)
1>timers.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "const type_info::`vftable'" (??_7type_info@@6B@) referenced in function __ehhandler$??0cTimer@@QAE@XZ
1>utils.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "const type_info::`vftable'" (??_7type_info@@6B@)
1>channels.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "const type_info::`vftable'" (??_7type_info@@6B@)
1>client.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "const type_info::`vftable'" (??_7type_info@@6B@)
1>epg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "const type_info::`vftable'" (??_7type_info@@6B@)
1>pvrclient-mediaportal.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "const type_info::`vftable'" (??_7type_info@@6B@)
1>libcpmt.lib(string.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl operator delete(void *)" (??3@YAXPAX@Z)
1>recordings.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl operator delete(void *)" (??3@YAXPAX@Z)
1>Socket.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl operator delete(void *)" (??3@YAXPAX@Z)
1>timers.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl operator delete(void *)" (??3@YAXPAX@Z)
1>utils.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl operator delete(void *)" (??3@YAXPAX@Z)
1>channels.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl operator delete(void *)" (??3@YAXPAX@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual void * __thiscall cChannel::`scalar deleting destructor'(unsigned int)" (??_GcChannel@@UAEPAXI@Z)
1>client.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl operator delete(void *)" (??3@YAXPAX@Z)
1>epg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl operator delete(void *)" (??3@YAXPAX@Z)
1>pvrclient-mediaportal.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl operator delete(void *)" (??3@YAXPAX@Z)
1>recordings.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie
1>Socket.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie
1>timers.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie
1>utils.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie

......and so on

Using Windows 7
VC2008 Expr
injeee Wrote:I'm really struggeling getting XBMC_MPTV to build properly...
It starts when Linking....

Could anyone help me figure out what step i missed doing? Smile

First thing you missed doing, is posting the revision number you checked out Wink

You can find this when you right-click the folder you used to download all source files to, and go to properties, from there you will find a revision tab, that will tell you the numbers we need Smile
"Revision / Author" and "Last commit revision"

Mine is still at 26928 and it builds just fine.

I will update and see if anything got broken!

Edit: Latest revision (r27066) builds and runs just fine!
How dumb could I be? :-) It's r27066 im trying to build.

I've successfully buildt XBMC itself, addon and pvrlib - but when it comes to the pvrclient itself, it fails...

When compiling the whole pvr-testing2, i include the dependencies above..

Would you mind trying to describe the process in how you build the thing?

Worth mentioning i'm using;

Microsoft DirectX SDK (August 2009)
VS2008 Expr
Downloaded the SDL_image.dll that was missing
injeee Wrote:How dumb could I be? :-) It's r27066 im trying to build.

I've successfully buildt XBMC itself, addon and pvrlib - but when it comes to the pvrclient itself, it fails...

When compiling the whole pvr-testing2, i include the dependencies above..

Would you mind trying to describe the process in how you build the thing?

Worth mentioning i'm using;

Microsoft DirectX SDK (August 2009)
VS2008 Expr
Downloaded the SDL_image.dll that was missing

All you need to do is build XBMC really, the pvrclient is part of the main XBMC project, therefore if you try to build it seperatly it will miss links from the main project.

To check if your XBMC main project has the right build configuration do the following;

Code:
Right click the main XBMC project, select properties, click on Configuration Properties, click on Configuration Manager (or press Alt+O).
Select Debug (Direct X) as Active Solution,
and verify that all modules are enabled for build, except for visMilkdrop, we wont be needing that one.
Leave all other things as they are, and press Close
Now right click the main XBMC project again, and select Debug -> Start New Instance

But normally all should be well configured coming straight from SVN Smile
Excellent!

I'll give it one more try then :-)

Btw, should the Win32BuildSetup also give an complete configuration with the MediaPortal client - if i choose to run that one?
Just installed this. My new HTPC still hasn't arrived so I set up some old box to run a tuner. I can get the connection but I can't watch any channels. I suppose this is on the server side though, as on the box itself it won't run either - don't bother reproducing, I think I can track this down to MPTV server.

Currently using your plugin as I'm having trouble compiling pvrtesting2. Looking forward to get it all working! Looking great already.
injeee Wrote:Excellent!

I'll give it one more try then :-)

Btw, should the Win32BuildSetup also give an complete configuration with the MediaPortal client - if i choose to run that one?

To be honest; I haven't tried making the setup yet, will do so now!

Edit: I have made some patches, that will allow you to make instant builds, I hope Smile
I will upload them later today.
That would be AWSOME!! Smile Obviously because, my builds have still not come out as i've hoped. They build and start fine, but when I go to "Live TV" after enabeling the function - it just says "No PVR Clients avaliable". :-(

If you could make a something that would help me getting to test this thing against TV Server, I owe you a beer :-)
I get this error while trying to connect to a stream:

Exception while processing connection : System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is known
at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByAddress(IPAddress address, Boolean includeIPv6, Boolean throwOnFailure)
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress)
at TVServerXBMC.TVServerConnection.playChannel(Int32 chanId)
at TVServerXBMC.Commands.TimeshiftChannel.handleCommand(String command, String[] arguments)
at TVServerXBMC.ConnectionHandler.handleCommand(String command, String[] arguments)
at TVServerXBMC.ConnectionHandler.ProcessConnection(StreamReader reader)
Connection closed
injeee Wrote:That would be AWSOME!! Smile Obviously because, my builds have still not come out as i've hoped. They build and start fine, but when I go to "Live TV" after enabeling the function - it just says "No PVR Clients avaliable". :-(

If you could make a something that would help me getting to test this thing against TV Server, I owe you a beer :-)

You still have to go into System -> TV -> General -> Manage Clients... -> Add-ons. and from there select the wanted addons.

My patches are available now @
Edit: First patches removed, they had a static linked folder.
Link below is fixed!

Also changed revision number to last commit revision on pvr-testing2. (makes way more sense this way)

http://rapidshare.com/files/339834005/Sk...r26948.rar
MD5: 21F0041077193C3CE8E2237006950A0E (to verify integrity)

If wanted margro can submit them, but proper investigation is needed.
Edit: You can now add custom pvr clients via \project\Win32BuildSetup\Add_addons

I am eagerly awaiting your response!

Also read http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc/ since you will be needing to replace those ffmpeg dll's (atleast I had to).
And you still need to install MediaPortal Beta1.
Also when selecting the MediaPortal Client, and enabling Live TV, I suggest you exit XBMC, and start it again, to trigger a channel refresh!
Quote:You still have to go into System -> TV -> General -> Manage Clients... -> Add-ons. and from there select the wanted addons.

Yes I know, but there wasnt anything there within my builds ...

I'm gonna download your patches now and we'll see! Smile
injeee Wrote:Yes I know, but there wasnt anything there within my builds ...

I'm gonna download your patches now and we'll see! Smile

I fixed some issues, please use the new download link Wink

Edit: to Margro;

it seems the dll isn't functioning for me, however the exe is!

I am running it as a service now, added some code tho to make it look for a connection to MediaPortal every 5 seconds.
Could you maybe upload the patch to some other site? Rapidfire has been refusing my download requests for 2 hours now, I hate that site. If it's not too much of a hassle offcourse Smile You might want to use MultiUpload, it pushes your file to all major download sites.

Also, what exactly does this do? As I'm also having trouble building. Got the pvr-testing2 branch checked out but I can't get to build it, literally everything gives an error. Must be a path going wrong somewhere, it can't find anything. Using the batch would be awesome.

btw, I've got it working with your plugin! It's great to finally be able to use the MediaPortal server. I'm waiting for my new Digitenne (DVB-T) tuner to arrive, as the analog signal sucks in my region.
please someone upload a recent win32 build somewhere Sad
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)8