• 51(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)
any news here or is the XBMC PVR Project dead?
No, the project is not dead. Just lack of time from my side at the moment.

I will post a new build when I consider the current state of the XBMC-PVR master branch stable enough for MediaPortal usage. Right now, I'm seeing too many visible issues to create a new build (like crashes, temporarely broken functionality).
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
FYI
I've just posted a new unofficial pre-Eden PVR build.

Remember that these builds are based on the current development branch and may contain bugs.

As far a I can see after two days of testing, most PVR related things seem to work fine again (for Mediaportal at least).
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
Thanks Margo for the new build! Tested it and found it quite unstable and had some issues when switching channels etc. Back with the June build. Anyway thanks for providing us with new builds now and then, I really appreciate it!

/Marcus
Thanks Margro for the new build, testing as I speak...

Upgraded since we're having problems with recordings and the pause-button disappeared.

Noticed in lastest build that the pause-button is still gone.
Has everyone has this problem?
HW: P4 2,3Ghz - 1GB - 160GB 2.5" - GF8400GS - DVB-T - DVB-S2
SW: Win 7 - XBMC PVR Margro - Mediaportal TV server
does this work for apple tv 2? what exactly is this?
@Timmy.com:
I can confirm the audio delay issue. Same effect here. Seems to be something in XBMC itself. The addon only reads the full transport stream and XBMC does the playback of the individual audio and video streams. Something that I have to tackle down with some XBMC devs ;-)

@jimmeuh:
The pause button was removed from the skin by Opdenkamp? because not all backends support timeshifting and the official support was never finished. It used to work for Mediaportal and ForTheRecord, so if I can find that particular commit, I might be able to undo that change in my builds as temporary solution.

"we're having problems with recordings" => can you be more specific? Detailed description + xbmc.log file. Did my last build solve it?

@quiet storm iii:
The thread title and thread start refers to a python script which over time evolved into a real PVR addon for the new XBMC PVR framework (still in development). Will this work on appletv2? Maybe, maybe not... future will tell. I'm the developer of the PVR addon and I don't own any Apple products that are capable of running XBMC. I know that people are trying to get it working under iOS with mixed succes.
Greetings!
I am trying to enable xbmc client to work with MediaPortal Tv Server.

Version:
MediaPortal Server: 1.2.0.0
Xbmc - Dharma Version

Downloaded:
- (MediaPortal_v120_TVServerXBMC_plugin_bin_rev107) - 1.1.7.107
- TVServer_v110_rev75

My installation procedure

ON SERVER:
1. I have ran TVServerXBMC.exe on Server where MediaPortal server is installed.
2. Just in case also manually copied the files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server
2. I have opened mediaportalconfiguration/plugins and checked box for Xbmc plugin.
3. I have restarted service of tV-server.

ON CLIENT SIDE:
1. Opened TVServer_python_plugin/XBMC 10.x/addons and copied folder plugin.video.tvserver to C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons
2. Opened XBMC/system settings/enabled add-ons, where MediaPortal Tv server plugin is visible. I have configured the IP of the Tv-Server and also tried with servername (let me also mentioned that I have put IP of the server in hosts/etc file).

PROBLEM:
I have opened XBMC Dharma client, went under videos / video add-ons / mediaportal tv-server:
* If I click recorded shows - nothing appears
* If I click on Live tv, I can see all channels list but If I click on one channel i receive an error: servers is offline or unavailable.

Already tried:
-telnet on ip of the server with port 9596 works like a charm
-the strange thing is if I use under telnet command Listchannels, I get a list of those channels but with parameter False?
-i have tried disabling win firewall on server, but still the same - srv is offline or unavailable
-With mediaporatl client I am able to connect to tv-server...

any sugestions?

with best regards
i've just installed new release.
it's not very stable and there's a lot of hangs and crash.
is there a new release on the road ?
toutoune290 Wrote:i've just installed new release.
it's not very stable and there's a lot of hangs and crash.
is there a new release on the road ?

I also had a lot a problems with the latest build so yesterday i did my own build from Margos git. But there still problems with occasional crash and hangs especially when changing channels. It buffers up to 100% and than nothing happens. I don´t know if this is a know bug. I think that I read about it somewhere in the past.
Just tested out your new build margo, but my problems from your previous build remains. I have made two bug reports at odenkamps github #244 and #245. Dont know if it is related to your plugin or to the xbmc pvr stuff. Using tsreader.

Cheers
Marcus
I'm currently investigating the buffer problems. Seems that I messed up something with the settings.
Testing the new build on only one pc (my HTPC) was apparently not enough.

will be continued...
Thanks! Really appreciate your work on this!
Please redo another build for Windows Margro; I also find the 9-20 one unuseable; it is choppy and laggy on not only the mediaportal TV viewing, but also on pretty much every movie or local tv show file when played. Even scrolling around in XBMC is laggy. I have to go back to 8-17 build. Thanks for all your work!
Sorry for the cross post but this is probaly the correct thread for the question.
-----
I finally got the MP TVServer up and running (or atleast most of the way there. I was interested in trying out the PVR branch that allows XXBMC to interface with TVServer.

I think I got the correct XBMC plugin installed in TV server and the latest version of Margro PVR build but I don't see how to access the pvr functionality.

In TVServer although the plugin is selected, I wasn't able to locate a config page (if there is one).

Can anyone point me to an installation guide.

Thanks Again.
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)8