• 52(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)
ijourneaux Wrote:In TVServer although the plugin is selected, I wasn't able to locate a config page (if there is one).

Can anyone point me to an installation guide.

There is no config page available for the plugin in MP TV Server.

Have you checked out the documentation here: http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg...r-doc.html
macardi Wrote:There is no config page available for the plugin in MP TV Server.

Have you checked out the documentation here: http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg...r-doc.html

I thought I had browsed all of the pages on the site but didn't see that one. That should get me going. Thanks
Small issue. I have a dedicated htpc and I have it automatically start up xbmc which has worked great. But since installing the live tv version I'm getting an error from xbmc with respect to the mediaportal plugin when it first boots up.

I suspect mediaportal tv server is booting up too slowly, so the plugin runs and is unable to find it. I can overcome the error by exiting xbmc and then starting again (no errors). But the system needs to be wife friendly and she doesn't like having to exit xbmc, use the remote to get back to xbmc file and run again. She wants it to just 'work'.

Was thinking of maybe making a bat file (something like below), put it in startup and have a lag of x seconds before running xbmc. But thought I'd just check if this was a common issue that may need to be addressed for user friendliness in the future or if is just a me issue.. Wink (or even if there is a built-in workaround I didn't see?)

Code:
@echo off
echo -----------------------------
echo Please wait for xbmc to start
echo -----------------------------
TIMEOUT /T 10
"C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe"
@invincer:
A rebuild won't help without finding and fixing the problems. As far as I can see right now, most of the described problems for the 20-9 build lie outside my addon. I'm following the main pvr development repository (opdenkamp's github repository) and this repository has no relevant new updates. So no new code = no new build.

@trozza:
This won't be addressed soon. Stability is more important right now.
A while ago, dushmaniac attempted to add a fix for your problem by trying to load the addon multiple times, but this introducted serious problems when the backend is not online at all (memory leaks), so basically he reverted his changes.
If I would add delayed retries in my addon, you won't get an updated channel list, epg updates and so on, because I can't trigger XBMC to load them as soon as the connection is up.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
hmm

I have some trubbel to finding the plugin in XBMC :S

C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\plugins\video

i dont have plugins\video :S

I have the newest release
XBMCSetup-20111003-31113d1-master.exe
sorry for my bad enlish
I'm trying to use XBMC instead of MP. I installed the latest build and the TV works, but I can't get the channels to go in the same order as MP. Second things I have no info for my guide even though I have my xml loaded in MP. I'm not sure if works the same way with XBMC; I have a guide in MP. Is there a plugin that tv automatically to to get rid of the black bars. I use the Intelligent Frame Correction plugin for MP is there something similar.

Thank You
sin360 Wrote:I'm trying to use XBMC instead of MP. I installed the latest build and the TV works, but I can't get the channels to go in the same order as MP. Second things I have no info for my guide even though I have my xml loaded in MP. I'm not sure if works the same way with XBMC; I have a guide in MP. Is there a plugin that tv automatically to to get rid of the black bars. I use the Intelligent Frame Correction plugin for MP is there something similar.

Thank You

I have not got that far at all. maybe you could help me and tell where you put XBMC plugin?
allså which folder you put this in?

because I have installed the latest vertion of XBMC eden.
I have the 9-20-11 margro build. The plugin for the server goes in here.

c:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\

Here is the site for margo hxxp://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
sin360 Wrote:I have the 9-20-11 margro build. The plugin for the server goes in here.

c:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\

Here is the site for margo hxxp://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc

Damit if i go margo bild i am losing spotify :S
I'm confused, will this plugin work without the pvr build?

[edit] I've been unsuccessful in getting the plugin to work without the pv
r build, myself
Hello , can someone tell me how to activate timeshifting while waching TV
Thanks
@mardup:
timeshifting is not supported in the XBMC pvr framework (pre Eden). The backend supports it, but the support in XBMC (pause button) was removed a while ago by dushmaniac because it didn't work properly for other PVR addons.

@Ebatte:
The python plugin (begin thread) works on the official XBMC 9.04 and 9.11.
For XBMC 10.0 (Dharma) and pre Eden (11.x) you will need a PVR build.
For Windows you can download them from my website.

@mullcom:
Loose spotify?? If you mean that the plugin is not yet available for XBMC pre-Eden, your only option is to use my latest Dharma build.

@sin360:
For the channel ordering, you can play with the "backend channel ordering" and "channel numbers from backend" settings (XBMC pre-Eden Live TV settings).
Do a "Reset the PVR database" to reload the channels with the new settings.
For "Intelligent Frame Correction": this is a build-in feature of XBMC found on the "Video settings" OSD named "Crop black bars".
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
Thanks Margro. I'm running per eden. Tried the pvr build, but had problems with crashing and setting up the guide in mediaportal is difficult and not working well.
margro Wrote:@mardup:
timeshifting is not supported in the XBMC pvr framework (pre Eden). The backend supports it, but the support in XBMC (pause button) was removed a while ago by dushmaniac because it didn't work properly for other PVR addons.

Thanks for your answer margro , but ... It will never be possible ? Sad
I'm quite sure that timeshifting will be added to XBMC-PVRin the future but right now there are (as far as I know) no plans to add it soon.
For MediaPortal as backend, it is only a minor addition, but it requires much more work for addons that do not support it at the backend side.

It worked in my Dharma builds due to a small hack from my side that enabled the "pause" button in the skin. I need to check the current code to see if that is still possible for pre-Eden (not sure...).
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)8