• 53(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)
thanks a lot !!! Big Grin
Thumbs Up 
Thought I'd offer some feedback on your latest build. Works better than your previous one... however, some channels have a nasty frame drop issue. Don't think it's the signal, since on MP it works fine. The channels that do work fine in XBMC work for about 30 minutes, then within 5 minutes after, nasty tearing occurs. Restarting XBMC brings things back to normal, until another 30 minutes go by. Feels almost like a Memory Leak. (exiting XBMC is slower than normal, when this happens. )

Also, EPG won't work after a re-start. (i've deleted the TV and EPG.db files)... only after resetting does it work, but again, after sleep or re-start, EPGs clear.

Good improvement and hell... you're working on this in your own free time... so Kudos! Smile

Cheers
Hi Margro,

How is the tsreader port to IOS going? Mediaportal Backend on ATV2 is not usable in its current state. To much stuttering Sad

regards
Mylle
I'm still working on the Linux port and I hope that it will be compatible with OSX/IOS too. I have no OSX/IOS systems to test it...
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
@orph:
Do you see anything special in the xbmc.log file after 30 min of watching?
Could it be a EPG update running at the background? (You can disable that in the settings).
Are you running single seat (same machine) or multi-seat (backend on different machine).
If it is a memory leak, you should check the memory usage after 1 min of watching and when the problem occurs again. How big is the difference?
Maybe it is at the time that the TVServer is switching from one timeshift buffer to the next file...
A debug log file for the 30 min problem would be helpful.

Two debug xbmc.log files for the EPG problem would be helpful. One for a clean EPG load (deleted EPG and TV database) to see how XBMC loads your EPG items and a second one after the restart.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
will do. Hopefully by saturday when I have some time, I'll try to hook you up with some details. Cheers!
Nothing special in the XBMC.log file.

Not the EPG update. I disabled that. No change

It's multi-seat

Memory leak: ... still my theory. After 1 minute, xbmc was at 96,000k.. after 20 minutes when it started getting un-watchable... it was at 220,000k... and still climbing. Stopping live TV, dropped a bit, but resuming continued climbing. Only shutting down XBMC did it drop back to 96,000k, and start over again.

MP time-shift buffer, I doubt it. I checked the MP logs, nothing showing between the time timeshifting starts and timeshifting is stopped by shutting down XBMC.

I included the two MP logs requested... honestly, nothing to report on the XBMC logs.

http://www.chimearaproductions.com/mov/log.zip

margro Wrote:@orph:
Do you see anything special in the xbmc.log file after 30 min of watching?
Could it be a EPG update running at the background? (You can disable that in the settings).
Are you running single seat (same machine) or multi-seat (backend on different machine).
If it is a memory leak, you should check the memory usage after 1 min of watching and when the problem occurs again. How big is the difference?
Maybe it is at the time that the TVServer is switching from one timeshift buffer to the next file...
A debug log file for the 30 min problem would be helpful.

Two debug xbmc.log files for the EPG problem would be helpful. One for a clean EPG load (deleted EPG and TV database) to see how XBMC loads your EPG items and a second one after the restart.
I'm using the Argus backend. I've setup a channel group for the channels I'd like to have available in XBMC in a particular order. How do I change the channel group within the EPG views?
Hi togheter,

some general questions. I am using MediaPortal for an long time now. XMBX front end is much better (look an d feel, performance ) so I do some tests in combination with MP TV server and XBMC client

1. How can I handle Standy? I am using MP Power scheduler. If MP client is not active HTPC goes insStandby. If I am using XBMC HTPC goes into standby until XBMC is active (listen to music or watching video)?!
2. How can I handle channel numbers in XBMC?
3. I am using a X10 remote which is pefectly integrated in MP. Is there a possibilty to configure X10 for XBMC too?
4. Is there an add on which supports the FritzBox DSL router?
5. Is there an IMAP eMail cliient addon avaiblable?
6. Which addon do I have to active for enabling artist fanart as backdrop in music section?
7. Is there a possibilty using ffd show as psot processor for upscaling sd video?

Many Thanks!

Regards Juro
Hey margro

Just wanted to say thank you for all the time and effort you put into making the MediaPortal TV Server work with xbmc. I've had my dual tuner card for over a year but have never been able to get it to work properly until trying MediaPortal and your plugin. I do have occasional timeouts but most of the time it works pretty well.

I'm currently using a paid for subscription card and card reader. Is there any way to improve the channel zap times? The quickest channel change is about 2 seconds and the longest is anywhere up to 8 seconds

Thanks again
margro Wrote:I'm still working on the Linux port and I hope that it will be compatible with OSX/IOS too. I have no OSX/IOS systems to test it...

Let me know if you need me to test anything Smile
Hi Margro,
I am using the Windows Version of XBMC with build in PVR Support.
As backend I am using a Media Portal TV Server.
All is working fine and setup was doen pretty fast! You did a real good job with that Script.
Just 2 issues I have which I dont know how to fix
1.) Is there any way to use the EPG as comfortable as on Media Portal?
For example in MP I can add a new Timer to a series with option "allways on this chanel" So it records it automaticaly any time it is broadcasted.
In XMBC I can just set a timer to a certian time like 18:00 - 19:00
2.) Is there a way to flatten/group the recordings?
Like having all episodes from a series in one folder.
Would be great if this 2 things would be possible anyway.

Thanks for that cool script!
Hi, I use For the Record with Mediaportal TV Server. I am not using For the Record Argus server primarily because it doesn't support my Colossus card. I would like to use XBMC as my front end. I have it working with the Mediaportal plugin no problem. Seems great but I can't see any of my recordings that were scheduled using For the Record. So I disable the Mediaportal plugin and enable the For the Record plugin. Pulls the guide and channels no problem and now i can see the recordings but I can't watch live TV. I tried having both enabled but it didnt seem to accomplish anything. Can this scenario be made to work? Any help very much appreciated.

TIA
Anyone tested margro's latest build yet?
I'm not sure whether to move to this build for production, as I believe there's gonna be an Eden-release in the near future - nevertheless I'm curious about its stability...
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
mylle Wrote:Let me know if you need me to test anything Smile

Hi Margro,

Stability and Cross-Platform changes are finished.

Does this mean that we will soon se a tsreader verion for Mediaportal on the ATV2 or is it only related to 4therecord?

regards
Jacob
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)8