• 13(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)
o.k. so i wait for a fix. all other function are running and i am happy whit this integration.

THX
ok, found out...
XBMC_MPTV.vcproj was missing ..\..\..\..\..\addons\org.xbmc.addon.library\dlfcn-win32.cpp as a source file, and that's why it was not linking
i added it and now it built perfectly, but i still have to test it to see if it really works Smile
no, it doesn't
it throws an error like
Code:
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1496018944    INFO: starting PVRManager
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1496018944  NOTICE: PVR: PVRManager starting
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1496018944   DEBUG: CDatabase: Connecting to database MyTV4.db at C:\Users\succhenrica\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database:
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1496018944   DEBUG: PVR: MediaPortal TV client - Creating PVR-Client AddOn
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1496018944   DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - MediaPortal TV client
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1496018944   DEBUG: Win32DllLoader::Load(special://xbmc/addons/pvr.team-mediaportal.tvserver/XBMC_MPTV_win32.pvr)
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1496297472   DEBUG: LoadLibraryExA called with flags:
                                             - LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1496297472   DEBUG: LoadLibraryA('libXBMC_addon.dll')
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1496297472   DEBUG: Win32DllLoader::Load(C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\org.xbmc.addon.library\libXBMC_addon.dll)
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1496305664   DEBUG: LoadLibrary('libXBMC_addon.dll') returning: 03761B90
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1496305664   DEBUG: LoadLibraryExA called with flags:
                                             - LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1496305664   DEBUG: LoadLibraryA('libXBMC_pvr.dll')
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1496305664   DEBUG: Win32DllLoader::Load(C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\org.xbmc.pvr.library\libXBMC_pvr.dll)
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1496809472   DEBUG: LoadLibrary('libXBMC_pvr.dll') returning: 03761C30
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1496829952   DEBUG: AddOnLog: pvrclient/MediaPortal TV client: Creating MediaPortal PVR-Client
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1496838144   DEBUG: CAddonHelpers_Addon: AddOn MediaPortal TV client request Setting host
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1497366528   DEBUG: CAddonHelpers_Addon: AddOn MediaPortal TV client request Setting port
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1497366528   DEBUG: CAddonHelpers_Addon: AddOn MediaPortal TV client request Setting ftaonly
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1497366528   DEBUG: CAddonHelpers_Addon: AddOn MediaPortal TV client request Setting useradio
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1497366528   DEBUG: CAddonHelpers_Addon: AddOn MediaPortal TV client request Setting convertchar
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1497366528   DEBUG: CAddonHelpers_Addon: AddOn MediaPortal TV client request Setting timeout
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1497366528   DEBUG: CAddonHelpers_Addon: AddOn MediaPortal TV client request Setting tvgroup
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1497366528   DEBUG: CAddonHelpers_Addon: AddOn MediaPortal TV client request Setting radiogroup
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1497366528   DEBUG: CAddonHelpers_Addon: AddOn MediaPortal TV client request Setting resolvertsphostname
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1497362432   ERROR: ADDON: Dll MediaPortal TV client, throws an exception 'Access violation' during m_pDll->Create. Contact developer 'Marcel Groothuis' with bug reports
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1497362432   ERROR: PVR: couldn't load any clients
anyone knows what it is?
succo Wrote:no, it doesn't
it throws an error like
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1497366528 DEBUG: CAddonHelpers_Addon: AddOn MediaPortal TV client request Setting resolvertsphostname
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1497362432 ERROR: ADDON: Dll MediaPortal TV client, throws an exception 'Access violation' during m_pDll->Create. Contact developer 'Marcel Groothuis' with bug reports
17:06:18 T:2084 M:1497362432 ERROR: PVR: couldn't load any clients[/code]
anyone knows what it is?

I'm experiencing the same issue. It is a memory corruption issue introduced with the changeset r28365 "Create helper addon libraries as dll and load them during runtime".

Alwinus changed the addon libraries to dll's. This works fine for Linux and I fixed the Windows build for them, but somehow this change results in the memory corruptions you (and I) are experiencing during the settings retrieval of 'resolvertsphostname'. I'm not sure yet whether this is a bug in my MP PVR addon or common for all PVR addons under Windows. I'm still working on this...

In my local development version, I've changed these libraries temporarely back to static ones, which give me a working MediaPortal PVR client again without the exception.

I will make a patch with this workaround and put it on my website soon (in a few days), together with a new Windows setup...
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
I've updated the TV Server plugin and the prebuild Windows XBMC-PVR setup (with a new version of my MediaPortal PVR addon). See my website for the details and download links.

Changes TVServer python plugin:
  • XBMC 10.x support added
  • Various fixes to the recordings list
  • Support for recording playback via rtsp and direct local file playback added

Changes XBMC-PVR Windows setup:
  • Upgrade to current SVN head of pvr-testing2 (r30240)
  • FFmpeg libraries updated to XBMC trunk version which speed up live-tv playback and contains now DXVA2 support (required still some hacks for rtsp playback of recordings)
  • MediaPortal PVR addon: allow direct playback of recordings (rtsp streaming now optional)
  • MediaPortal PVR addon: fix time offset due to daylight saving
Remark 1: The Windows setup from r30240 on my website contains local fixes not yet submitted to Team XBMC. I will submit these patches later. Need some time to clean them up.
Remark 2: The plugin/script part is the new XBMC addons framework, so to use plugins/scripts, you will need updated versions of them (with description.xml files).
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
Margro;

Can't wait to get home and try out these new versions. Does the upgrade of the FFmpeg libraries mean that passthrough of DD and DTS will work now? (Didn't work in your r27611 build as i remember) Also, does "breaks backward compatibility for PVR addon older than v1.0.7.24!!" mean that my old r27611 will not work after a serverside upgrade? (No big deal if not...)

Huge thank you for the great work you put in to this Margro. Nod

Best Regards

Lengis
lengis Wrote:Does the upgrade of the FFmpeg libraries mean that passthrough of DD and DTS will work now?
If it was fixed in the XBMC trunk before Alwinus did his last trunk merge (so before r29788), then probably yes...

lengis Wrote:Also, does "breaks backward compatibility for PVR addon older than v1.0.7.24!!" mean that my old r27611 will not work after a serverside upgrade? (No big deal
Well, most things will continue to work, but I fixed a bug in the "Timers" part at both sides, so I expect that only the "Timers" part won't work properly after the upgrade. In case the new version gives problems, I can backport the PVR fixes to r27611 and put a new PVR addon online.

Marcel
Ok, anyone gotten tv to work with r30240? I have upgraded my MP TV server to RC3 and the new XBMC Server plugin 1.0.7.24. Whenever i try to start a tv-channel i get "channel cannot be played". The serverside seems to be ok, everything works as expected from the MP client and my old r27611 rig.

Enclosing log file if someone wants to have a look.

http://pastebin.com/D43J9HL9

Any help on this would be great, i'm lost atm Huh

Regards

Lengis
lengis Wrote:Ok, anyone gotten tv to work with r30240? I have upgraded my MP TV server to RC3 and the new XBMC Server plugin 1.0.7.24. Whenever i try to start a tv-channel i get "channel cannot be played". The serverside seems to be ok, everything works as expected from the MP client and my old r27611 rig.

Enclosing log file if someone wants to have a look.

Ok, I've checked your log file and I can see multiple problems.
With respect to the playback of the live-stream, it seems that something throws an exception in the ffmpeg demuxer. Will try to figure out where this exception occurs. The server side seems indeed ok at that point.
Do you know which audio/video codecs are needed for the chosen channel? You can check this for the rtsp stream in VLC for example.

Two other things that I saw in your logfile (not related to live tv playback)
  • Problems with the XBMC mytv4.db database for storing EPG items. You should remove the existing mytv4.db file (in userdata/database or in your master profile dir).
  • TVServerXBMC is too old according to the log file: "Warning: Your TVServerXBMC version '1.0.7.0' is too old. Please upgrade to 1.0.7.24 or higher!". Can be that my check is wrong or are you indeed running an older TVServerXBMC version?

Thanks for posting your logfile.

Marcel
Hallo erstmal und vielen Dank für Ihre großartige Arbeit!

in der neusten Version läuft ihr Plugin hervorragend. Allerdings habe ich dann leider keine Hintergründe. Gibt es vielleicht einen Weg den TV Knopf in eine funktionierende Version einzubauen oder habe ich einfach etwas falsch gemacht?

Vielen Dank nochmal Smile

Migo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello first times and thank you for your great work!
In the newest version the Plugin runs outstanding. However I have unfortunately no background then. Perhaps there is a way to build the TV button into a functioning version or do I made simply something wrong?

Thanks a lot Smile

Migo

PS: Sorry for the bad english. It wasnt me... it was babelfish Big Grin
Hi Marcel

I have exactly the same versions and problems:

- i too get that message about a too old tvserverxbmc version.. i've verified that the dll used by tvserver has the correct new version.
- i too get an exception thrown by the demuxer

this is a clean install of your pvr build and tvserver rc3!

greets

marcel ( no joke :-) )
margro Wrote:Do you know which audio/video codecs are needed for the chosen channel? You can check this for the rtsp stream in VLC for example.

I guess it's mpeg2 since it's standard SD tv, will give it a try with VLC and see if i can find out for sure. But i also tried the only HD channel i got and get the same error, pretty sure the HD stuff is x.264.

margro Wrote:Two other things that I saw in your logfile (not related to live tv playback)
  • Problems with the XBMC mytv4.db database for storing EPG items. You should remove the existing mytv4.db file (in userdata/database or in your master profile dir).
  • TVServerXBMC is too old according to the log file: "Warning: Your TVServerXBMC version '1.0.7.0' is too old. Please upgrade to 1.0.7.24 or higher!". Can be that my check is wrong or are you indeed running an older TVServerXBMC version?
l

I noticed this in the log myself. I actually tried to delete the mytv4.db but the problem reoccurs with a new fresh db.
I've tried the TVServerXBMC from the "standalone" download and the one included in r30240, same "too old" stuff in the log... Guess it's minor issue at this point...

Btw, i managed to get playback to work once after changing the render method from auto to standard. But only once. Sad

Been testing this from a crappy old laptop with Intel 945 GPU, will give it a try with a fresh install on a more current box asap.

Marcel, thanks for looking in to this.

Regards

Lengis
is it, with this version, possible to watch two different channels on two xbmc clients without kicking the first client?
lengis Wrote:I guess it's mpeg2 since it's standard SD tv, will give it a try with VLC and see if i can find out for sure.
According to VLC its mpgv/mpga (SD channel).

lengis Wrote:Been testing this from a crappy old laptop with Intel 945 GPU, will give it a try with a fresh install on a more current box asap.
Did a fresh install on my most recent laptop, exactly the same issue Confused

Regards

Lengis
hansdampf Wrote:is it, with this version, possible to watch two different channels on two xbmc clients without kicking the first client?
Not yet. Still on my todo list to adapt the TVServerXBMC code to stop only the timeshift if no other client is using it and only stop the timeshift of the selected channel, not all channels.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC TV using MediaPortal TVserver (XBMP-TV Script)8