Player unable to seek with UK DVB-T videos
DVB-T files recorded with a MythTV backend and accessed via the XBMC MythTV source don't seek properly, any attempt to seek resets playback to the start of the video, the timer is also off. Does the player support TS type Mpeg2?

I'm using the latest stable release from repo.

Any ideas?

Many thanks
Does anyone have any suggestions at all? I can only find posts referencing problems when seeking while still recording and not on already recorded media.
Sort of a possible workaround but you could try running the videos through mkvmerge which will copy the video and audio into an mkv container, see if it can seek through it then.

Worked for me on some videos in the past but it was not the same problem you were having.
Apologies for the late reply,

I've set Myth backend (via frontend options bizarrely) to auto losslessly transcode the recordings which converts them to PS and they seek fine after this except one especially long recording (3Gb) which seeked fine WHILE RECORDING but wouldn't seek after transcoding!?? Confused.
thecapsaicinkid Wrote:Apologies for the late reply,

I've set Myth backend (via frontend options bizarrely) to auto losslessly transcode the recordings which converts them to PS and they seek fine after this except one especially long recording (3Gb) which seeked fine WHILE RECORDING but wouldn't seek after transcoding!?? Confused.

Could be a timestamp discontinuity within the mpegts stream. Seeking while recording would have probably worked up until the timestamps started back at 0. http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6614
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
I seem to have been mistaken, none of my files seek properly now, even after the myth transcoding. Bit of a show-stopper for me.
thecapsaicinkid Wrote:I seem to have been mistaken, none of my files seek properly now, even after the myth transcoding. Bit of a show-stopper for me.

A debug log would help...
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
http://pastebin.com/m3b7c983c

Sorry for the delay, you can see me trying to seek on several different (supposedly transcoded to mpeg-ps by MythTV) files. Most of them would have a duration say 30secs ahead of the current point and would skip to the beginning of the file eventually. Ffwd and Rwd worked better than jumping in steps.
@thecapsaicinkid, I know this doesn't help, but we have seen similar behavior more frequently with the duration displayed being completely wrong.

Within the log posted the duration according to the ffmpeg information seems dubious for a few of them.

This looks normal:
Code:
ffmpeg[757F8910]: Input #0, mpegts, from 'myth://mythtv:[email protected]/movies/1009_20091225185700.mpg':
ffmpeg[757F8910]:   Duration: 01:06:35.68, start: 15892.443100, bitrate: 15179 kb/s

The duration here looks wrong. The negative bitrate looks suspicious:
Code:
ffmpeg[87FFF910]: Input #0, mpeg, from 'myth://mythtv:[email protected]/movies/1005_20100110192200.mpg':
ffmpeg[87FFF910]:   Duration: 00:00:00.38, start: 0.360000, bitrate: -2147483 kb/s

Again, duration wrong, bitrate negative.
Code:
ffmpeg[74FF7910]: Input #0, mpeg, from 'myth://mythtv:[email protected]/movies/1001_20100101094200.mpg':
ffmpeg[74FF7910]:   Duration: 00:00:00.85, start: 0.360000, bitrate: -2147483 kb/s

For each of these files can you post what the duration appears like through XBMC? Also, is the duration correct if the files are played directly off disk?

When I get some free time to investigate further I'll double check how the myth:// source returns the duration.
I'll check them tonight, many thanks. Most of them iirc seem to start around 20secs and increase as it plays only to stop at some seemingly random point where playback restarts.
thecapsaicinkid Wrote:I'll check them tonight, many thanks. Most of them iirc seem to start around 20secs and increase as it plays only to stop at some seemingly random point where playback restarts.

I did a bunch of investigation into something very similar for some of our DVB-T files last night. Details within http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7429

Very much looks like the problem is because there is a timestamp discontinuity within the file (details at http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6614) that ffmpeg doesn't currently handle. I would have thought this would only affect mpegts streams though (reasonably sure there can't be discontinuities within mpeg, but perhaps it's possible).

Either way let us know what the outcome is of your testing. Not sure what the way forward to resolve is yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Player unable to seek with UK DVB-T videos0