[HELP] Correcting settings in Aeon for Camelot
I am trying to straighten out the subheadings in Aeon, so that they work with Camelot. I realize that the settings have been rearranged, but I am not sure why the subheadings don't still change their focused color when a button it selected, even if they are not in the same order now. I know what controlgroup(3) is but I am not sure if hasfocus(30) is different now. I know that the label strings need to be changed, but I just can't get the focused / unfocused labels to show. All sections start with (30) and go up from there. Any help would be most appreciated. I posted screen of what it looks like in the Appearence section, but video, weather, ect. is also the same.

It uses the below currently...

<visible>Window.IsActive(MyVideosSettings)</visible>
<include>Animations_SettingsButtonFade</include>
<control type="label">
<description>General Sub Unfocused</description>
<posy>32</posy>
<label>31320</label>
<textcolor>FFf5f5f5</textcolor>
<include>Objects_SettingsSectionMenuButtonSubtitle</include>
<visible>!ControlGroup(3).HasFocus(30)</visible>
</control>

<control type="label">
<description>General Sub Unfocused</description>
<posy>32</posy>
<label>31320</label>
<textcolor>FF262728</textcolor>
<include>Objects_SettingsSectionMenuButtonSubtitle</include>
<visible>ControlGroup(3).HasFocus(30)</visible>
</control>

guess this is what broke it:
http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/23234

no clue if there's a way to fix though...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks Ronie.

I tried switching the setfocus(30) to setfocus(-40) and also tried (40), but it did not seem to fix it.

I am hoping jmarshallnz can help out with this. After reading the the changeset, I am not sure if it is possible to fix, or even if possiblem, it is a good idea to do.
The only way to do the colour change is via conditional colours and support for Container.Position() in the grouplist. We don't support either as yet, so wait until we do. Anything else and you're assuming an order which you shouldn't be.

The actual labels can be set by comparing the skin label, but in that case you're assuming these won't change and you shouldn't be doing that either.

I suggest you just remove the descriptions - they WILL be wrong at a later date otherwise.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

On the same sort of subject, are any of the labels for the SettingCategory.xml going to change again?

I ask because I've made a custom window and had to use visible conditions and labels for each one in group(3) because I couldn't use Control.GetLabel to work.

Thanks.
They quite likely will change, yes. Matching via label is always a bad idea if you can avoid it.

Perhaps you could detail why you require to do this?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm not using a completely visible list as such, instead I'm only showing the focused main category in the bottom of the panel. But I wanted to use two colours (focused and selected - red and white in the video respectively) and this can't be done at present as it can only be focused/unfocused.

Hope I explained that properly, it's late but here's how it's working using the method I detailed above -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N96j6meHjQk

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HELP] Correcting settings in Aeon for Camelot0