XBMC Live Camelot + USB UIRT + Harmony One
I apologize for this post because I know there are numerous other posts about this particular configuration. Unfortunately there is no consensus on what actually will work.

I have a installed Camelot Live on an AspireRevo 1600. It works great. The one thing I can't get working is my Harmony One remote. I have a USB-UIRT connected to the system and "configured" in /etc/lirc/hardware.conf

Code:
#Chosen Remote Control
REMOTE="USB-UIRT"
REMOTE_MODULES=""
REMOTE_DRIVER="usb_uirt_raw"
REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/ttyUSB0"
REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="mceusb/lircd.conf.mceusb"
REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS=""

My Harmony One remote is setup to emulate the Philips Media Center Edition remote control which is the first remote listed in lircd.conf.mceusb. The UIRT will only pickup the remote signals if the remote is within one inch of the UIRT and straight on axis with it.

I have tested the UIRT in windows with the same remote configuration and can get accurate reception to at least 12 feet away at varying angels. So I do not believe it is a faulty UIRT.

My main questions are:
  1. What device is best to have the harmony one emulate for control of XBMC Live through the UIRT?
  2. Is my UIRT configuration in the Hardware.conf file correct?
If you have the windows media center USB IR adapter there is no config needed it should work out of the box with XBMC Live.

As for the Harmony One remote in the Logitech software select add a new device by going through Computer->Media Center PC->Microsoft->Extender.

Just type in extender as name of the device & click add.

These are some basic mappings I jotted down for the media center extender remote which is useful when mapping to your Logitech Harmony. This is what I use with my Harmony One & XBMC Live 9.11 running on Atom/Ion.

Quote:In XBMC GUI
pc = shutdown or suspend (depending on what you set in XBMC)
back = previous screen
directional pad = navigation
ok = enter/select/play/execute
channel up & down = page up & down
start (Green Jewel) = home screen
info = media info (synopsis, coverart)
mute = mute
guide = show/hide context menu
enter = same function as ok
yellow = music screen
blue = pictures screen
green = videos screen
red = home screen

Video Playback In XBMC
back = previous screen
info = time elapsed/file name etc.
stop = stop
play = pause/resume
pause = pause/resume
rewind = rewind
forward = fast forward (hit play/pause to resume normal speed)
replay = start video from beginning
skip = brings you back to folder video was played from
directional pad = skip through video like chapter skip
ok = zoom/aspect ratio selection
start (Green Jewel) = XBMC OSD (change video/audio/subtitle settings)
guide = codec information
red = home overlay (video plays in background)
green = videos overlay
yellow = music overlay
blue = picture overlay

If your USB-UIRT is a third party device maybe someone else knows how to make it work in XBMC Live I'm afraid I dont. It might be worth checking ebay for a very cheap win media center USB IR receiver too.
IlCyPHeRlI Wrote:I apologize for this post because I know there are numerous other posts about this particular configuration. Unfortunately there is no consensus on what actually will work.

I have a installed Camelot Live on an AspireRevo 1600. It works great. The one thing I can't get working is my Harmony One remote. I have a USB-UIRT connected to the system and "configured" in /etc/lirc/hardware.conf

Code:
#Chosen Remote Control
REMOTE="USB-UIRT"
REMOTE_MODULES=""
REMOTE_DRIVER="usb_uirt_raw"
REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/ttyUSB0"
REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="mceusb/lircd.conf.mceusb"
REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS=""

My Harmony One remote is setup to emulate the Philips Media Center Edition remote control which is the first remote listed in lircd.conf.mceusb. The UIRT will only pickup the remote signals if the remote is within one inch of the UIRT and straight on axis with it.

I have tested the UIRT in windows with the same remote configuration and can get accurate reception to at least 12 feet away at varying angels. So I do not believe it is a faulty UIRT.

My main questions are:
  1. What device is best to have the harmony one emulate for control of XBMC Live through the UIRT?
  2. Is my UIRT configuration in the Hardware.conf file correct?

Not a solution, just a verification that I'm having the same problem as you are. I'm trying to use a Microsoft MCE remote, and unless I place the remote directly on the USB-UIRT, it will not recognize. However, in Windows, the same remote works across the room. IRW does appear to be receiving the signals until you pull the remote back.

I'll keep you posted if I find the answer, and if you find it, please post it here for me. Smile
i have the exact same problem.
the only difference with my setup was the harmoney 880.
i think this is an issue with usb-uirt/revo/ubuntu.
i eventually moved to using the HDHomeRun as my IR receiver, and transmitting via UDP. The Harmony works perfectly that way...
i wish you luck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live Camelot + USB UIRT + Harmony One0