• 1(current)
ISO Mounter - third-party software for auto Blu-ray ISO / IMG image mount on Windows
Thumbs Up 
Hey all,

New 3.0.2 version

Bugs Fixed:
  • Fixed issue when using display changer the program would crash.

Download:
Application
Source Code

New 3.0.1 version

Bugs Fixed:
  • Fixed issue when you would try and watch a blu-ray with TMT the video would freeze.

New 3.0 version

New Features:
  • New name ISO Mounter
  • ISO Mounter runs completely silent
  • ISO Mounter has been completely redesigned and written in a different language.
  • Previously created entries in the playercorefactory.xml file will work with this version!

New 2.0 version

New Features:
  • The abillty to now use an .ini file to hold the configuration of the program.
  • You can now include a frame rate in your iso's file name and the program will automaticly change the refresh rate of your moniter to match. See below how to.
  • New dubug feature. You can know add -debug on to your args line in the playercorefactory.xml, to see everything my program is doing to help if your having problems.

1. Ini file
Hey all I have update my script to use a .ini file to hold the configuration; I have included my isomount.ini file as a template and my playercorefactory.xml also. Just replace everything following the '=' sign on each line; its pretty self explanatory but I have included a readme on the ini file specifically explaining everything about it. I will post a link at the top of this post to the new program.

Basicly all you have to do is change the lines in the isomount.ini and change the playercorefactory.xml like so:

<player name="TMTPlayer Mount ISO" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\ISO Mount ini.exe</filename>
<args>-iso "{1}" -useIni "C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\ISOMount.txt"</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>

So just change the name="TMTPlayer Mount ISO" to what ever you want to call it and put the path to my ISO Mount ini.exe file between the <filename> </filename>. Then the only args you need are -iso "{1}" and the -useIni and the full path to your .ini file with the configuration it it if you want to use an inifile.

The old way of doing with my previous exe should still work, but this offers a much cleaner way to do it.

2. More automatic frame rate adjustment
To use this feature you must have in the iso's file name the fps of the video like as follows for a blu-ray movie:
G:\Batman Begins.bluray.24fps.iso
This program will parse this and pull out the 24 and set your refresh rate of your monitor to that.

And for say an HD-DVD movie that was mastered at 30 fps you can simply change the 24fps to 30fps.

If your file name doesn't not include the fps then it will use what ever you put in your .ini file or if you didnt put it in there what ever the current refresh rate of your monitor is.

Click Here to download
-bher20

Thanks to Catdroid here are some better instruction:
Quote:Thanks of course to bher20 for the real work on this.

Software needed:
• Slysoft Virtual CloneDrive (referred to as VCD in this guide)
• Arcsoft Totalmedia Theatre 3 or Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 (referred to as MP in this guide)
• (Optional) 12noon Display Changer
Note: I have no need for the display changer as my television is not capable of displaying 24hz content. Therefore, my setup instructions will omit anything about refresh rate, resolution or color depth changes.

This guide assumes you’ve installed the software to the default locations. It also assumes you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7 64-bit.

Step One: Verify setup
• Mount a BD ISO with Virtual CloneDrive. Your computer should act like a BD disc has been inserted and will most likely start up your MP to play it.
• Open up Explorer.exe and find which drive letter VCD mounted the ISO to. Write it down.
Step Two: Download and configure
• Download the zip file from the first post of this thread. Extract the contents wherever you want. We want to look at the Program folder.
• Open ISOMount.ini in notepad.
• Change [driveLet=”K:”] to the Drive letter VCD previously mounted your test ISO.
• If you are using PowerDVD 9, you will need to change the [BD=….] line. Browse out to your executable and copy/paste the path.
• I deleted everything after the BD line since I have no use for it. YMMV.
• Save the file.
• Copy ISOMount.ini and ISOMount ini.exe to C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\
Step Three: playercorefactory.xml
The [playercorefactory.xml] requires that you name your ISOs *.bluray.*iso., which means something like [Gladiator.iso] wouldn’t work, but something like [Gladiator.bluray.iso] or [Gladiator.bluray.720.DTS.iso] would. If you have adopted this naming convention, you are fine.

Otherwise, you’ll need to edit
<rule filetypes="iso" filename="*.bluray.*iso" player="TMTPlayer Mount ISO"/>
to whatever filename structure you use.
In my case, I want MP to open all ISO files, so I have “*.iso”.

Place your file in c:\users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
Step Four: Fire up XBMC and try it out!

Hello all,
I have been struggling with getting iso's to play back in xbmc. Obviously XBMC doesnt support this, so I wrote a little batch/exe that you can launch using the external player feature of XBMC. I thought other people might be having the same issues with it as well, so I will post it.

You will need to have a bluray player installed on your system, i.e. ArcSofts TotalMedia Theater which I use, or CyberLinks WinDVD. It should work with others.

You will also need SlySofts Virtual CloneDrive, which mounts the iso to a virtual drive.

If you want the program to be able to automatically adjust the monitors refresh rate i.e. to 24p. Then you will need to download 12noon Display Changer.

I have included a readme file that hopefully explains how to use it. I would welcome anyone who would like to write a better one, just PM me. Also if you find a bug let me know!! I have also included the source batch script for anyone who is interested. Thanks.
none of these sw's are free. some of them are gratis though. sorry, had to point it out.
No problem, Your right. Thanks.
OK, I'll be the idiot and ask what are probably obvious questions. I already have SlySoft's VCD, a blu-ray player software, XBMC installed, and would be interested in archiving my blu-ray's on a network drive for play with XBMC.

First step would be getting an ISO to play from the local machine running XBMC, I'll worry about network locations later.

I'm not sure I completely understand what this script does from reading the readme/exe/bat. Does each iso you want to play in XBMC require a separate instance of your "example" command line to be run so that XBMC can automount the iso? Does SlySoft's VCD still need to be run to mount the iso first before this batch/exe is used, or does it replace the need to do that?

I guess I need just a little more help figuring out where in the process this exe steps in, so that I know what it's doing and figure out if I like it! Smile
osli Wrote:OK, I'll be the idiot and ask what are probably obvious questions. I already have SlySoft's VCD, a blu-ray player software, XBMC installed, and would be interested in archiving my blu-ray's on a network drive for play with XBMC.

First step would be getting an ISO to play from the local machine running XBMC, I'll worry about network locations later.

I'm not sure I completely understand what this script does from reading the readme/exe/bat. Does each iso you want to play in XBMC require a separate instance of your "example" command line to be run so that XBMC can automount the iso? Does SlySoft's VCD still need to be run to mount the iso first before this batch/exe is used, or does it replace the need to do that?

I guess I need just a little more help figuring out where in the process this exe steps in, so that I know what it's doing and figure out if I like it! Smile

No you dont need separate command line instances. And you only need to run SlySoft VCD once to setup the virtual drive(s). My script only calls the basic mount program included with VCD when it needs to mount the ISO

Basically all this script does is automate the procedure so you do not have to launch XBMC find the movie you want, go back to windows go into VCD select the corresponding iso and mount it. Then launch TMT or whatever and play the disk.

And this script operates outside and completely separate from xbmc, xbmc only needs to call it and pass it the path to the iso.

The example I gave in my readme was:
<player name="TMTPlayer Mount ISO" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\ISO Mount.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\vcdmount.exe" 1 "F:\Program Files\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\uDigital Theatre.exe" "F:\Program Files\Program Files (x86)\12noon Display Changer\dc64cmd.exe" 1866 1056 32 24</args>
</player>

The first part is the filename you need put the full path to my .exe file.

The second part is the args.
The first argumant is: "{1}"
This will allow XBMC to pass the full path to the ISO you have selected to my script.

The next argument is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\vcdmount.exe"
This is the full path to Slysoft's VCD's vcdmount.exe app.

The next argument is: 1
The next is kinda confusing. Say you went in to the VCD's settings and set the number of drives to 2, this would mean the drives it makes are numbers 0 and 1, so the next argument should be either 0 or 1, mine is 1.

The next argument is: "F:\Program Files\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\uDigital Theatre.exe"
This is the full path to your bluray software.
I am using TotalMedia Theatre 3 obviously. If you are using this too you will want to set the default drive to the virtual drive that corresponds to the drive number you have chosen to pass to my script. This will allow TotalMedia Theatre to automatically start playing when it is launched.
If you are using say CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra do the same thing except change the path to actual path of that program.

The last few arguments are if you would like to change the refresh rate of your monitor to say 24hz for 24p playback.

For the: <rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="iso" filename="*.bluray.iso" player="TMTPlayer Mount ISO"/>
</rules>

You dont really need to alter this very much all you need to is make sure that: player="TMTPlayer Mount ISO" is the same as: player name="TMTPlayer Mount ISO" in the first part. And for the filename="*.bluray.iso" this means this rule will run anything that has that extension using the TMTPlayer Mount ISO script. So anything .bluray.iso, like The Dark Knight.bluray.iso, will be played back using my script. You can change this to fit your file naming conventions if you want.

The only thing its sounds like to me you have to do is alter the playercorefactory.xml file and place the stuff between and including <player></player> and <rules></rules>.

I hope this helped, it sounds a lot more complicated then it is. If you need some more help feel free to PM me I can give you my email address if you like as well.
From your readme I don't understand where the .bat has to be invoked.

You only refer to the other programs when providing the examples for playercorefactory.xml
Oh sorry the .bat is just to show what is run when you are using the .exe. A.K.A. the source code.
Question 
Is there a way to have XBMC mount a BR Disk ISO in the Slysoft virtual disk player?
I have it set up so TMT3 starts playing the movie as soon as it gets mounted but I don't know how to mount it in XBMC.
or is there a better way to play BR disk rips via XBMC?
I just want to play the disk and get the best video and the lossless audio from the ISO so if there is a better way please share it
Thanks in advance
Mike
use a .bat which mounts, fires off the player, unmounts.
spiff Wrote:use a .bat which mounts, fires off the player, unmounts.

What would the command line look like to load the ISO to the slysoft player??
I've not done batch files since the old dos days

once I get it to mount TMT3 takes over just fine
and i haven't done msft oses since the old dos days, so you better ask somebody else. i would start by firing up a terminal and running slysoftexe -? or the likes though. shouldn't be all that hard...
Hi bher20,
I'm trying to implement your xml script,
that's what I wrote:
Code:
<filename>C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\iso mount.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" "C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\vcdmount.exe" 1 "c:\Program Files\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\uMCEDVDPlayer.exe" "c:\Program Files\Program Files\12noon Display Changer\dccmd.exe" 1920 1080 max max</args>
</player>

and then <rules action="prepend">:
Code:
<rule filetypes="iso" player="TMTPlayer Mount ISO"/>

but all is happening is that a DOS windows comes up for a second (from iso mount) and a second window that says: "External player active, Click ok when playback has ended"
and nothing more

Nik
ok, find it, there was a mistake in the Programs path
Ok.
Can someone help me, I get the same issue Slick2000 mentioned and I went over my paths many times.. Maybe I am blind, but I dunno. this is what I have.. Just opens up quickly and closes..

Any help appreciated.. This is what I have

<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\ISO Mount.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" 1 "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\uDigital Theatre.exe" "c:\Program Files (x86)\12noon Display Changer\dccmd.exe" 1866 1056 32 24</args>
</player>
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ISO Mounter - third-party software for auto Blu-ray ISO / IMG image mount on Windows0