• 2(current)
UMM (Universal Media Manager), pre-alpha testing and feedback requested!
For anyone running OSX / Linux, please test out svn build 532
- fixed OSX hang on startup
- added some features that need more testing under something other then windows (i.e. image generation from media files)

Note: you'll need to create a forum account, but requesting test access is no longer required.

http://www.teamumx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=282

Please report any bugs as well as all feedback (good and bad) in our forums as those are checked often.

Also, I need a few folks to scan there xbmc database (top right button in the UMM Test Interface) to see if a XBMC bug I reported is only happening on my systems.
Scan Database (it's only grabbing the schema information, not any other data) and pastebin the xbmcdbconfig.xml (again, please do so in our forums), be sure to note which version of XBMC you are running (i.e. 9.11 or svn build #)

Thanks!
how is this coming along for linux? I am so excited when this will be available. when is the release date setHuh any timeline or estimated release date?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Im also interested for linux. Im trying to run mono ummGui.exe but it wont run.. ummConfig and ummServer work fine. Is this a known bug?

Basefolder detected using GetCurrentProcess as: /usr/bin/umm
Os is not windows, basefolder is currently set to: /usr/bin/umm
Basefolder set to: /usr/bin/umm
Config was loaded from Api.CoreApi.ConfigGetConfig
Bounds: 600 x 395
SendMessage (81788947, 0x101f, 0x0, 0x0)
SendMessage (81788947, 0x1003, 0x3, 0x0)
SendMessage (81788947, 0x1036, 0x2000002, 0x2400002)

Unhandled Exception: System.EntryPointNotFoundException: ShowWindow
at (wrapper managed-to-native) BrightIdeasSoftware.NativeMethods:ShowWindow (intptr,int)
at BrightIdeasSoftware.NativeMethods.ShowWithoutActivate (IWin32Window win) [0x00000]
at BrightIdeasSoftware.GlassPanelForm..ctor () [0x00000]
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) BrightIdeasSoftware.GlassPanelForm:.ctor ()
rflores2323 Wrote:how is this coming along for linux? I am so excited when this will be available. when is the release date setHuh any timeline or estimated release date?

You can already test our pre-alpha builds. They should (more or less) work on all platforms which support Mono.
No there is no ETA as there are sooo many areas we haven't even touched (like music etc).

TheBurner Wrote:Im also interested for linux. Im trying to run mono ummGui.exe but it wont run.. ummConfig and ummServer work fine. Is this a known bug?

Basefolder detected using GetCurrentProcess as: /usr/bin/umm
Os is not windows, basefolder is currently set to: /usr/bin/umm
Basefolder set to: /usr/bin/umm
Config was loaded from Api.CoreApi.ConfigGetConfig
Bounds: 600 x 395
SendMessage (81788947, 0x101f, 0x0, 0x0)
SendMessage (81788947, 0x1003, 0x3, 0x0)
SendMessage (81788947, 0x1036, 0x2000002, 0x2400002)

Unhandled Exception: System.EntryPointNotFoundException: ShowWindow
at (wrapper managed-to-native) BrightIdeasSoftware.NativeMethods:ShowWindow (intptr,int)
at BrightIdeasSoftware.NativeMethods.ShowWithoutActivate (IWin32Window win) [0x00000]
at BrightIdeasSoftware.GlassPanelForm..ctor () [0x00000]
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) BrightIdeasSoftware.GlassPanelForm:.ctor ()

ummGui.exe also crashes on Windows Wink You should use ummClient.exe which is the form we devs use to test the latest functionality. It looks extremely ugly and it is not the final user interface Cool This is what ummGui.exe is for but I think we should remove it from the release packages for now as it only confuses people.

If you guys want to get the latest releases come to our website (http://www.teamumx.org), register an account and visit the "Testing" board. We decided to remove the need to a special sign-up for testing so now everyone with a registered account on our website can download the releases.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks alot for the quick response testing now...
Well finally got ummclient up and running went to scan in a sshfs mount from my work computer and seems like in ubuntu it took up all resources couldnt switch tab etc... i set it to scan/load movies from about 1000 x264. Is this common is there a way to check a debug log ?
TheBurner Wrote:Well finally got ummclient up and running went to scan in a sshfs mount from my work computer and seems like in ubuntu it took up all resources couldnt switch tab etc... i set it to scan/load movies from about 1000 x264. Is this common is there a way to check a debug log ?

Wow you're firing a lot at it already. We have never tested scanning over ssh.

The debug log can be found in umm's basefolder in the "log" directory (probably /usr/bin/umm/log).

Thanks for your feedback.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ah np figured a nice sshfs mount and scan should work. I looked at the logs and it is working Smile just seems like it scans very slowly over ssh about 10 movies in about 15min but thats also because its scanning [completed] dir within the movie too ill add a filter and run a test over night. Great job with this will report anything else. Might just move 3 movies to a temp folder to test see how it works
TheBurner Wrote:Ah np figured a nice sshfs mount and scan should work.
Well as soon as the normal scans work as expected we can focus on special scans on network drives etc.

TheBurner Wrote:just seems like it scans very slowly over ssh about 10 movies in about 15min
fekker should be able to provide more information on this but it could be that it has to read part of the files to get meta data (like streams, aspect ratio etc) which would explain the amount of time.

TheBurner Wrote:Great job with this will report anything else.
Thanks again for your feedback.

TheBurner Wrote:Might just move 3 movies to a temp folder to test see how it works
Yeah I also run the tests on a test folder with about 10 real movies and some dummy 0kb files (just to get the db more populated).
Quote:Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurner View Post
just seems like it scans very slowly over ssh about 10 movies in about 15min
fekker should be able to provide more information on this but it could be that it has to read part of the files to get meta data (like streams, aspect ratio etc) which would explain the amount of time.

By scanning, if you mean just scanning the movies into the interface and database, it's only reading up the directory structure and getting basic file information. (size, path, create date, etc).. locally this should take about 10 seconds per 1000 records (give or take) on an older system. Over SMB to a Windows 2k3 server, it takes about a minute per 1000 (lots of smb spam).

There is an MD5 hash of images that is done, but that should be pretty quick as it's not doing a full md5 hash, just a partial of the first portion of the images.

This is where the server component comes into play, the server should be located on the same box as the media (when possible), the remote client then connects in so that all the work is processed on the server (where's it's way faster) and only ui data is sent back and forth to the client.

The client works as both the local client (with no server) or as a remote client (connect to a server).. there's still a few things that are being processed on the local client (when it's connected to a server) that need to be piped back to the server first (images that are not cached and being displayed when you select images.) that part will be fixed.

In the end, no traffic will leave the UMM client (in remote client mode) other then communication to the server.

ummServer.exe - server with a temporary gui so folks know it's running, the final version will be a service or daemon, with an optional ui that will connect to it for stats.

ummClient.exe - the client form, can be used by itself with no server, or with a server. This is our test form and not the final UI.

ummGui.exe - the real UI that's only getting started, it should be stripped out of newer builds as the required dll's (or binaries) are not in the test build packs.
Alright my fileserver is running debian so id have to run the server off that then thing is my htpc is running xbmc and just has the fileserver mounted as sshfs. So im trying to figure out the best way to do itSmile
What we try to achieve with UMM "in the end" is that there is a server component which runs on any computer in your network. Best would be to have it running on the machine which stores all the media files because then it can directly access it.
Then you will be able to either use a webinterface or a remote client on any other computer in your network to interact with the server component (changing configurations, taking care of issues that came up during automated scans/scrapes etc).

As we are still in a very early stage of development there are currently 2 ways to run UMM:
- as a local client (which is the easiest and most effective way for us to test new features)
- as a remote client which interacts with the server component (which is still a bit mixed with the local client).

So in your case the idea would probably be to run the ummServer on your debian server and run the ummClient on any other machine. I'm not sure about the ssh connection though. I guess this isn't currently possible (but as always I could be wrong).
Ok sorry now for the next question is there a way to use * to skip over directories?? Im getting my movies to show up but its scanning in my [COMPLETED] 49F 700mb dir and for each movie of course the size differs. I tried adding in [Completed* but no luck
TheBurner Wrote:Ok sorry now for the next question is there a way to use * to skip over directories?? Im getting my movies to show up but its scanning in my [COMPLETED] 49F 700mb dir and for each movie of course the size differs. I tried adding in [Completed* but no luck

I've added the support for * to the latest svn commit (svn 552), it's not compiled yet but i'll get a build out later tonight.

It's using regex to match so be very specific as it'll match the entire filename for anypart of the config option

i.e.
a* : will find anything that has an "a" followed by another char
[Completed* :will work fine
I've uploaded svn build 554 to the site, please give it a try for the filter changes.

For the lastest bleeding edge builds, check out this thread.
http://www.teamumx.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=277

SVN Build: 1.0.0.554 - local client only, remote form has an error (fixed in svn 555)

Imageumm_linux_1.0.0.554.7z
FileSize: (3.875 MBs)
MD5 Checksum: 76B07609D38295436CAE534214B40CDD
Uploaded On: 1/25/2010 at 7:43 PM
Uploaded By: autobuilder

Imageumm_osx_1.0.0.554.7z
FileSize: (3.909 MBs)
MD5 Checksum: 2DB1C7F4D1A000C5167260506375B264
Uploaded On: 1/25/2010 at 7:43 PM
Uploaded By: autobuilder

Imageumm_win32_1.0.0.554.7z
FileSize: (6.478 MBs)