Recently Added Script - More than 3 items
jazzyb Wrote:Sorry for being a noob here but will editing the home.xml to this

<control type="grouplist" id="5047">
<posx>680</posx>
<posy>335</posy>
<onright>20</onright>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HomepageRecentMovies)">RecentlyAddedMovies</include>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HomepageRecentTVShows)">RecentlyAddedTVShows</include>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HomepageRecentAlbums)">RecentlyAddedAlbums</include>
</control>

Give me the result you have shown in the screenshots or Is more involved than that to edit size of thumbs?

Thanks

No. If you only edit Home.xml it will only move the location of the list. If you want my screenshots you need to 1. Make that change in Home.xml; AND 2. replace your includes_Home.xml with the code found at http://pastebin.com/f558e2532.
Hi
sorry for the delay ...i just check the forum..

i think thewillum mod is better than mine...so no need for me to post my changes

thewillum can you please post the changes tha you did to the file Includes_Home.xml Huh

i allready made alot of other mods for my home page and i dont want to lose them ....

thanks again
colossusr Wrote:i think thewillum mod is better than mine...
Thanks! Big Grin

colossusr Wrote:thewillum can you please post the changes tha you did to the file Includes_Home.xml Huh

i allready made alot of other mods for my home page and i dont want to lose them ....

Here's another pastebin link which has my changes highlighted. http://pastebin.com/f10cdea74.

You should just need to copy the highlighted portions and replace the corresponding section of your includes_Home.xml. I think I got everything that was changed but if it doesn't work right then I may have missed some highlighting on it -- but all the code is there. I'll replace the link in the original post too.
thewillum Wrote:Thanks! Big Grin

Here's another pastebin link which has my changes highlighted. http://pastebin.com/f10cdea74.

You should just need to copy the highlighted portions and replace the corresponding section of your includes_Home.xml. I think I got everything that was changed but if it doesn't work right then I may have missed some highlighting on it -- but all the code is there. I'll replace the link in the original post too.

Thanks m8...

i solved my prob...
the only problem is in tv shows... the image is distorted ....

i think Ronie has to consider incuding this in the next release

colossus
thewillum Wrote:I also made the thumbs bigger because I thought they looked awkward with the increased height and no increased width.

Finally, I changed the TV Episode thumbs style and put them in the dvd case. I didn't like the screen capture style. I'd like to replace the episode thumbs with season thumbs if it's possible. I haven't figured out how yet though (Is this a change made in RecentlyAdded.py?). If anyone can help me on that one that'd be awesome.
colossusr Wrote:the only problem is in tv shows... the image is distorted ....

the change has to be made (if possible at all) in the recently added script.
the script currently only fetches the episode thumb and the tv show fanart image.

another option to fill the empty space would be to show 2 or 3 episode thumbs instead of just one....
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:the change has to be made (if possible at all) in the recently added script.
the script currently only fetches the episode thumb and the tv show fanart image.

another option to fill the empty space would be to show 2 or 3 episode thumbs instead of just one....

That's what I thought after looking through the script and the code in icludes_Home.xml. I've asked about it in the RecentlyAdded.py thread and will continue to play around with it.

I'm pretty n00b at this but I have to think it's at least possible since the TVseasons are separated out with their own thumbs in library mode.
Thanks for your help
A couple changes to make the New Episodes/New Moviews/New Albums label look right when highlighted.

Code:
            <control type="button" id="5054">
                <posx>473</posx>
                <posy>8</posy>
                <height>20</height>
                <width>99</width>
                <label>[UPPERCASE][b]New Movies:[/b][/UPPERCASE]</label>
                <align>center</align>
                <aligny>center</aligny>
                <font>font-20c</font>
                <textcolor>blue</textcolor>
                <focusedcolor>darkblue</focusedcolor>
                <shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
                <texturefocus></texturefocus>
                <texturenofocus></texturenofocus>
                <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,recentlyaddedmovies,return)</onclick>
                <onup>5044</onup>
                <ondown>5044</ondown>
                <onleft>9000</onleft>
                <onright>5045</onright>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <posx>459</posx>
                <posy>30</posy>
                <width>130</width>
                <height>1</height>
                <texture>separator.png</texture>
                <visible>Control.HasFocus(5054)</visible>
            </control>

Code:
            <control type="button" id="5055">
                <posx>420</posx>
                <posy>8</posy>
                <height>20</height>
                <width>195</width>
                <label>[UPPERCASE][b]New Episodes[/b][/UPPERCASE]</label>
                <align>center</align>
                <aligny>center</aligny>
                <font>font-20c</font>
                <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,recentlyaddedepisodes,return)</onclick>
                <onup>5045</onup>
                <ondown>5045</ondown>
                <onleft>9000</onleft>
                <onright>5046</onright>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <posx>455</posx>
                <posy>30</posy>
                <width>130</width>
                <height>1</height>
                <visible>Control.HasFocus(5055)</visible>
            </control>

Code:
            <control type="button" id="5056">
                <posx>434</posx>
                <posy>8</posy>
                <height>20</height>
                <width>128</width>
                <label>[UPPERCASE][b]New Music:[/b][/UPPERCASE]</label>
                <align>center</align>
                <aligny>center</aligny>
                <font>font-20c</font>
                <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyMusicLibrary,recentlyaddedalbums,return)</onclick>
                <onup>5046</onup>
                <ondown>5046</ondown>
                <onleft>9000</onleft>
                <onright>20</onright>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <posx>440</posx>
                <posy>30</posy>
                <width>115</width>
                <height>1</height>
                <visible>Control.HasFocus(5056)</visible>

These changes are not in the code I linked to above.
thewillum Wrote:No. If you only edit Home.xml it will only move the location of the list. If you want my screenshots you need to 1. Make that change in Home.xml; AND 2. replace your includes_Home.xml with the code found at http://pastebin.com/f558e2532.

I believe I did what you stated above.

1. I copied the following into my Home.xml file:

<posx>680</posx>
<posy>335</posy>
<onright>20</onright>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HomepageRecentMovies)" >RecentlyAddedMovies</include>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HomepageRecentTVShows) ">RecentlyAddedTVShows</include>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HomepageRecentAlbums)" >RecentlyAddedAlbums</include>
</control>

2. Took the highlighted text from your file from http://pastebin.com/f558e2532 and put that into my includes_Home.xml

When I start up XBMC, I see the logo, the date, time and power button in the bottom right hand corner but everything else is black. No background pictures and no navigation bar. What could I be doing wrong? Thanks.
neebaum Wrote:I believe I did what you stated above.

1. I copied the following into my Home.xml file:

<posx>680</posx>
<posy>335</posy>
<onright>20</onright>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HomepageRecentMovies)" >RecentlyAddedMovies</include>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HomepageRecentTVShows) ">RecentlyAddedTVShows</include>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HomepageRecentAlbums)" >RecentlyAddedAlbums</include>
</control>

2. Took the highlighted text from your file from http://pastebin.com/f558e2532 and put that into my includes_Home.xml

When I start up XBMC, I see the logo, the date, time and power button in the bottom right hand corner but everything else is black. No background pictures and no navigation bar. What could I be doing wrong? Thanks.

First of all... I assume you meant http://pastebin.com/f10cdea74 and not http://pastebin.com/f558e253

Second... Did you simply paste the highlighted portion into includes_home.xml? Or did you replace the sections with the highlighted portion of code? Same goes for home.xml... Did you simply add that code or did you replace the original <control type="grouplist" id="5047">?
What would I need to change to retain the regular TV thumb size?

I'm completely new to all this, by the way so yeah. Thanks.
arcanefixation Wrote:What would I need to change to retain the regular TV thumb size?

I'm completely new to all this, by the way so yeah. Thanks.

thewillum Wrote:If you don't want to change the TV show thumbs then ONLY add the additional <content> items within <include name="RecentlyAddedTVShows">.

Code:
<item id="4">
</item>
<item id="8">
</item>

Leave lines 1104 to 1241 in the linked script as the original code in your includes_home.xml. You'll also need to tweak 1302 to 1324 for the positioning of the Episodes/Shows count. That should do it.
Oh, it's right there. Now I feel like a jerk. Tongue Must have missed it. Thanks.
thewillum Wrote:First of all... I assume you meant http://pastebin.com/f10cdea74 and not http://pastebin.com/f558e253

Second... Did you simply paste the highlighted portion into includes_home.xml? Or did you replace the sections with the highlighted portion of code? Same goes for home.xml... Did you simply add that code or did you replace the original <control type="grouplist" id="5047">?

I used the code from http://pastebin.com/f558e253. I thought that was the latest code. I removed all the line #'s and then replaced the original. Any chance I could get the source code without the line #'s so I don't have to manually delete them all? Thanks.
Sorry to thread necro, but it seems like Transparency has changed over the past year and some months, and these instructions no longer work... does anyone know how to make this change to the current version of Transparency?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recently Added Script - More than 3 items0