Acer Revo 3610 video limitation?
Should I be seeing problems with playback of certain formats? I have a m2ts file - video is 4303Kbps, 1920*1080 @ 23.976 fps, audio is 640Kbps, 48 KHz, AC-3 - and I'm only getting around 13 fps playback - I've adjusted a number of video settings and I'm not seeing any change. I've tried the latest live cd off the cd, installed as well as installed Ubuntu and then added xbmc, and running the nvidia driver version 185. If it's a hardware limitation I will get a different box to run xbmc on, I just want to know if it's not then I can start digging around some more. Thanks very much.
I have upgraded the driver to 190.53 and same issue
update - works under Windows 7 with xbmc

I used Erhnam's installer
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=479588
with no change.

Am I missing something obvious?
ahem... under win7 there is no hardware acceleration... under live i guess you need to install libvdpau from nvidia-vdpau ppa to have vdpau support, only nvidia-glx-xxx won't work anymore
I've installed nvidia-vdpau - if nvidia-glx isn't working, I won't be getting the playback performance I need then, correct? If that's true - how do I get this working correctly, without having to run windows? Is this a temporary issue that will be sorted out soon - it seems like there's people that have this working under older versions.

Thanks Succo
vdpau works well, but you have to sudo apt-get install libvdpau1
if you don't, xbmc will use default software renderer and you'll end with 13 fps
when playing an hd video press 'o' on keyboard or play on the remote, you'll see what renderer you're using... if you see somewhere ffmpeg only, you're using software... if you see h264-vdpau or something like that you're using vdpau
OK - well I'll start over with a fresh install - if I'm just dealing with some software issue then that's fine I'll eventually figure it out, if it's something I can't get around I'd rather take the Revo back and put the money into a different hardware solution. I've been using xbmc for a really long time and love it (on a couple xbox's), I have a popcorn hour and I've missed the xbmc interface very badly.

So I'll do a fresh install, nvidia upgrade, install libvdpau1, then xbmc, then I *should* be ok? I've tried running with Erhnam's version that's supposed to be for the Asrock 330, the Revo is very similar and I thought it would be ok - but no matter what I've tried it still is running around 13fps - that's why I'm confused.. I can't recall what render was showing up when hitting O, I was more looking at the fps, and the cpu load - I assume the vcpu and acpu are the video and audio processing?

Thanks again Succo.
gribbler Wrote:So I'll do a fresh install, nvidia upgrade, install libvdpau1, then xbmc, then I *should* be ok? I've tried running with Erhnam's version that's supposed to be for the Asrock 330, the Revo is very similar and I thought it would be ok - but no matter what I've tried it still is running around 13fps - that's why I'm confused.. I can't recall what render was showing up when hitting O, I was more looking at the fps, and the cpu load - I assume the vcpu and acpu are the video and audio processing?

Theres actually a support forum for linux where people ask this question every couple days. I'd go ask there.

Also it wouldn't help to be more descriptive about what you've done.
saratoga Wrote:Theres actually a support forum for linux where people ask this question every couple days. I'd go ask there.

Also it wouldn't help to be more descriptive about what you've done.

I've ran the standard live CD as well as Erhnam's version, both of those I've tried from the CD/USB as well as installed them both. I've tried to do an install of ubuntu 9.10 then installing xbmc using apt-get. I've tried using the nvidia installer as well as the ppa installer for the driver. I've tried to turn vdpau on and to auto as well as trying software just to see if it would help.

I'll post this in another forum - I should have done that to begin with... Thanks guys
I'm curious to see your results. I just sold my Popcorn hour on ebay and am using a temp pc (dell optiplex gx620) with windows 7 and xbmc on it while I try to decide what route to go. Thinking about a revo, but if people are having issues, I need to look at something else.
Interesting. This turns out to be a xbmc issue, as it's the same thing on my desktop machine - it's something to do with the media I was using for playback - it happens to be the first one listed alphabetically. Just my luck. I've tried other 1080 media and it's ok. Not sure why this one has so much troubles - odd.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo 3610 video limitation?0