• 15(current)
[WINDOWS] Broadcom Crystal HD integration support in XBMC for Windows?
I am not sure if CrystalHD DirectShow filter follows the DXVA protocol. I hope not.

There are lots of limitation on DXVA. For Windows XP it is DXVA1 but for Windows Vista/7 it is DXVA2. Both are incompatible. The biggest limit of DXVA2 is that it requires EVR or EVR CP as its renderer.

If CrystalHD DirectShow filter did not follow DXVA1/2 that will be a good choice.
So the CrystalHD filter can be connected on to any renderers. In logic any hardware acceleration in decoder should not related to render except the output frame.

Where is the source of CrystalHD DirectShow filter?

BTW There is a Coprocessor device after my installation of BCM100012, is there any driver for it? If CrystallHD card worked as a Coporcessor we may be able to use it for other acceleration such as color space conversation.
only the dsplayer branch uses directshow. trunk is clean.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
CharlieCL Wrote:Where is the source of CrystalHD DirectShow filter?

BTW There is a Coprocessor device after my installation of BCM100012, is there any driver for it? If CrystallHD card worked as a Coporcessor we may be able to use it for other acceleration such as color space conversation.

The crystalhd windows driver/library/filter source code is not available. Broadcom controls the windows source code and it's private.

The CrystaHD card is not a co-processor, it's a video decoder.
Has anyone else experienced stuttering (slow then fast then slow etc) playback on MKV's using the Broadcom Crystal HD?

I'm using a DX build a few days old but had same on GL builds.

The video will be playing fine then the Video will slow down and lose audio sync, then speed up and pass the audio sync, then slow again etc etc

This carryies on and won't recover unless I stop the video and restart it. Pause won't fix it either.

Anyone else had this?
HexusOdy Wrote:Has anyone else experienced stuttering (slow then fast then slow etc) playback on MKV's using the Broadcom Crystal HD?

I'm using a DX build a few days old but had same on GL builds.

The video will be playing fine then the Video will slow down and lose audio sync, then speed up and pass the audio sync, then slow again etc etc

This carryies on and won't recover unless I stop the video and restart it. Pause won't fix it either.

Anyone else had this?

How about an svn # so we can put this into perspective. http://www.pastebin.com the xbmc.log would be even better.
davilla Wrote:L5.1 up to 10 ref frames (no killa for crystalhd Smile

Could you check if this sample does work with your CrystalHD card? I get the same macroblocks/pixelations with XBMC and the Broadcom directshow filter so it's a problem with my card or it simply can't handle it.

Code:
Video
ID                               : 1
Format                           : AVC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                   : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC           : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames        : 8 frames
Muxing mode                      : Container [email protected]
Codec ID                         : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration                         : 1mn 30s
Nominal bit rate                 : 6845 Kbps
Width                            : 1920 pixels
Height                           : 1080 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 16:9
Frame rate                       : 23.976 fps
Resolution                       : 8 bits
Colorimetry                      : 4:2:0
Scan type                        : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.138
Title                            : H.264
Writing library                  : x264 core 65 r998M 6768543
Encoding settings                : cabac=1 / ref=8 / deblock=1:1:1 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy_rd=0.6:0.0 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=32 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=6845 / ratetol=3.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=50000 / vbv_bufsize=50000 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:1.00

Given the data loss on the forums, is it possible to do a quick roundup on where the Broadcom support stands?

(1) I have been using 28183-GL for some time now. This build is pretty good and I only have minor issues with it. Are there builds beyond this release for GL that I should be using that address playback / performance?

(2) If there are releases, where do we get these? The nightly mirrors don't seem to have the Broadcom support built in. I used to get an Ikon build, but that site no longer works either. I recall seeing that GL support was getting dropped.

(3) Is the Broadcom GL under Windows being dropped for DX\DSplayer support instead? I have a non-Broadcom machine running DX/Dsplayer and it is wonderful, but I thought the Broadcom was not DX-compatible?

(4) Does it make sense to avoid the nightlies on this until a final release comes out?

Thanks everyone, glad we are back up and running again!!
Hi all, I am a bit stuck and would appreciate some pointers. Windows XP Pro, Pentium D 3.0GHz, Broadcom card, a LOT of different XBMC builds with no success. Latest broadcom drivers.

Pretty much all my vids are .MKV files if that makes a difference.

Leaving the broadcom card out of it, the machine is borderline and plays a fair bit of 1080 content without problems, and plays lower quality stuff easily. I have a couple of video files that will not play (but they play fine on my other PC, popcorn hour, etc).

With the broadcom card installed, I get perfect playback using the ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 3 player and much lower CPU usage so I am reasonably confident that the hardware side of things is okay.

Basically I have installed many different builds of XBMC, both GL and DX inlcluding Ikons' and Kricker's, and get far worse performance with Broadcom CrystalHD selected than without it. It won't even play SD video smoothly with the card enabled and can manage this easily with the card absent.

I've done a lot of reading on the forum and I sincerely apologise if I have missed something obvious, but I have run out of ideas.

Other than installing XBMC, selecting the broadcom card for video rendering/playback, and ensuring I have the latest broadcom drivers, what else should I be doing that I've missed?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jason
I'm also interested to know how development is going. I have a Revo 3610 with win7 64bit, 4GB RAM. All videos up to 1080p rips play fine but lossless 1:1 rips from bluray can't play smoothly at all, even with DXVA (they play fine with TMT3 and other MP software). I've just tried Live from USB and video is smooth but now I'm having issues with audio whereas I had no problems at all getting LPCM to my amp under win7. I can likely resolve these issues but I much prefer running this in Win7 environment as I also like to use the Revo to surf, use utorrent etc.

Therefore, if the Crystal HD allows smooth 1080p playback on lossless files (as well as on scene rips), I'll pick one up.

I appreciate the effort going in to developing this and that there will be some issues but is it mostly stable and worthwhile investing in?
Hello,

I have read every post in this thread and cannot get the Crystal HD decode option to show up.

I am wondering if it's a driver issue? The latest drivers released on Broadcoms site are 3.3.0 and were just recently released. I would like to try older drivers, but could not find them on their site.

I am running Windows XP 32-bit home edition and xbmc-r28256-trunk.

I also have tried other builds (DirectX and GL) with no luck. My Crystal HD does show up in Device Manager as working (listed as "Broadcom CrystalHD Video Decoder)

The only rendor options I have at "System -> Video -> Playback" are Auto detect and Standard. With GL versions I had more options, but none were Broadcom.

I see early on you had to move broadcom dll files around to get it to work, but it doesn't look like you need to do that now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Maybe a long shot but have you installed the Broadcom app as well?
Johnkg Wrote:Maybe a long shot but have you installed the Broadcom app as well?

What app are you referring to? I am under the impression that I need the drivers installed and a version of XBMC that takes advantage of the crystal HD.

Am I missing a piece?
AustinPowersISU Wrote:What app are you referring to? I am under the impression that I need the drivers installed and a version of XBMC that takes advantage of the crystal HD.

Am I missing a piece?

INDEED I AM!

Wow, I just needed to make sure the tray icon was loaded and voila! Shows up.

Thanks for the easy assist.
Well, maybe that is not it, I rebooted my computer, launched the app, started XBMC and once again it is not selectable.

There is no diagtool.exe included with the latest drivers, curious what that would say.
AustinPowersISU Wrote:Well, maybe that is not it, I rebooted my computer, launched the app, started XBMC and once again it is not selectable.

There is no diagtool.exe included with the latest drivers, curious what that would say.

Don't know if I can help much as I'm running WHS and Broadcom v3.1.8.0 2/19/2010 release and don't intend upgrading until necessary.

I used brc_test.exe which was posted by GeminiServer here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=473...stcount=37

This showed me that I hadn't installed the app, just the drivers Rofl

When I run it now I get this:

C:\>brc_test
------------------------------------------------------------
brc_test.exe Ver. 1.0.0

Broadcom CrystalHD Test Application
Based on XBMC and Broadcom Source Code

2010 GeminiServer
------------------------------------------------------------
Opening: Software\Broadcom\MediaPC\CrystalHD
Found Broadcom Installation Path and Driver.
-> C:\Program Files\Broadcom\Broadcom CrystalHD Decoder\bcmDIL.dll

Loading Driver...
Load bcmDLL OK
0: DeviceOpen OK
0: GetDriverStatus OK
0: GetDriverVersion OK
0: DeviceClose OK

All works fine for me now.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Broadcom Crystal HD integration support in XBMC for Windows?0