• 17(current)
[WINDOWS] Broadcom Crystal HD integration support in XBMC for Windows?
How many of you guys are checking the Broadcom site like every hour to see if there's new drivers? I know I am! Laugh
bluevolume Wrote:How many of you guys are checking the Broadcom site like every hour to see if there's new drivers? I know I am! Laugh

Often enough . . . >_>'
zinjashike Wrote:I guess the big question here is if it's just the 532H that's having the problem or not.
Ill let you guys know in a few days when I get my ASUS 1005PR. Just curious to see how the netbooks CPU will handle XBMC's menu, with the constant updates and all. Then again my dual core Atom 330 gets about 35-50% usage in the menu so I dont think the single core will differ to far from that just for a screen refresh. I just cant wait until this years GSOC when that all gets (hopefully) revised.
zinjashike Wrote:EDIT:

Flash is still choppy for me . . . AustinPowersISU, which browser and which RC are you using with Flash, and do you have to open them in a particular order to get it to work?

Sorry for the delay here, I only check this thread once a week or so now that things 'work' as long as Total Media is open.

Flash is somewhat choppy for me as well, but way better than with no Crystal HD. I was just guessing that is normal, as I've seen reports of 1080p flash (and 720p flash) being choppy with the Crystal HD. I'm using RC2 of flash in Firefox. Flash is not a big deal to me so I haven't updated it in a while Smile.

I have TotalMedia launch on system startup, minimized and to my system tray with the help of an application called TrayIt!:

http://www.teamcti.com/trayit/trayit.htm

I created a profile in TrayIt! that will always minimize any window containing "ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre" in the titlebar.

In the Tray It! main screen:

Edit -> Options: Make sure the following are checked:
Always start minimized
Load TrayIt! at Startup

Click OK and leave the Tray It! Window Open

Launch ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre, it should show up in the Tray It! Windows now, right click and select "Place in System Tray". Right click again and click "Edit Profile".

Click the box next to "Match pattern below with the window title when creating a Tray icon". Also check "Minimize window on creation / when TrayIt! is started".

Close out of Tray It! You should see arcsoft in your system tray instead of your taskbar. You can add ArcSoft to your startup folder in your start menu so it starts upon system startup.

This is what I do so I don't ever have to even think about running the arcsoft player.
Yesterday I upgraded from XP to Win 7 on my HTPC which required starting from scratch.

Once I got all my media in and back to where I needed to be I played an MKV with Crystal HD as the default playback device and there was alot of dropped frames and a general feeling of the playback being slow, then fast, slow, then fast.

I played around with AV Sync and Sync to display etc and nothing helped.

What fixed it was in System > Video Output. By default "Use a full screen window instead of True full screen" was enabled. I turned that off so it was using true full screen and playback is perfect now.
HexusOdy Wrote:Yesterday I upgraded from XP to Win 7 on my HTPC which required starting from scratch.

Once I got all my media in and back to where I needed to be I played an MKV with Crystal HD as the default playback device and there was alot of dropped frames and a general feeling of the playback being slow, then fast, slow, then fast.

I played around with AV Sync and Sync to display etc and nothing helped.

What fixed it was in System > Video Output. By default "Use a full screen window instead of True full screen" was enabled. I turned that off so it was using true full screen and playback is perfect now.

What software are you using to play the videos? Sounds like XBMC. Is that where you made the change to the settings?
bluevolume Wrote:What software are you using to play the videos? Sounds like XBMC. Is that where you made the change to the settings?

This is the XBMC forum so yeah I'm using XBMC Smile

Yeah go to where I pointed out and change to true full screen.
HexusOdy Wrote:This is the XBMC forum so yeah I'm using XBMC Smile

Yeah go to where I pointed out and change to true full screen.

LOL -- I've been hitting so many forums trying to research this I forgot where I was.
Hi! I'm trying to use CrystalHD on an Acer Aspire 532h with XBMC.

The add-on card has been installed correctly, the OS sees it with latest drivers (3.3.0).

Unfortunately with both the latest nightlies and the ones before the hiatus (xbmc-r28256-trunk.exe) I don't have CrystalHD under rendering options. Anyone knows why that could be? I can use the decoder with MPC-HC just fine... when having Arcsoft TMT in the background that is (unbelievable... it doesn't help for XBMC though, the option to use CrystalHD isn't even there as I mentioned).
Anyone? Am I missing an option somewhere?
@ashlar

Don't know if this might help you, but you didn't say which Windows-version you were using. I were running XBMC on a W2003 system, and had no option of using Crystal HD even with newest driver and newest XBMC-build. Gave up and installed a Windows 7 instead, and now I do have the option - with that same XBMC build and driver version.

@Everybody

Has any of you experienced crashes when playing Flash with the Crystal HD? I get a BSOD naming the Crystal HD-driver as the culprit.

FFY
For those having issues with the Acer 532h, there have been reports that the newer BCM970015 chip does not require the arcsoft player to be running in the background. The problem is, I can't seem to find someone that was having the problem with the BCM970012 that replaced it with the BCM970015. The reports I have seen are from people that have a new 532h and got the BCM970015, so it could be that newer netbooks are fixed, or that the BCM970015 does in fact behave better.

I just ordered a BCM970015 from logicsupply and will report on my findings when I swap out my BCM970012. It'll be several days before I can do so, as I opted for the slow budget shipping Smile.

I'm hoping the BCM970015 fixes the issue, as I'm running windows on my netbook ONLY to run the arcsoft player Smile
The BCM970015 works better, but it's not perfect. Frames are indeed dropped but it is no where as bad as the BCM970012.

I still use the ArcSoft player in the background to make things work well.
Is there anyone with a 532h and a BCM 9700012 that manages to playback 1080p mkv stuff? I gave severe stuttering and pretty much 12fps instead of 24. But CPU is at 30% or so... so the problem must lie somewhere else. I've tried MPC-HC, Kmplayer, Gomplayer, XBMC...

And yes, I have Arcsoft TMT in the background.
ashlar Wrote:Is there anyone with a 532h and a BCM 9700012 that manages to playback 1080p mkv stuff? I gave severe stuttering and pretty much 12fps instead of 24. But CPU is at 30% or so... so the problem must lie somewhere else. I've tried MPC-HC, Kmplayer, Gomplayer, XBMC...

And yes, I have Arcsoft TMT in the background.

I have the same setup and mine is working fine. The Arcsoft is the key, having it running. But it sounds like even that isn't working for you.

Not sure what to tell ya, sounds like you could have some driver latency issues? Maybe try disabling the wireless board and see if that helps?
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Broadcom Crystal HD integration support in XBMC for Windows?0