• 18(current)
[WINDOWS] Broadcom Crystal HD integration support in XBMC for Windows?
bluevolume Wrote:I have the same setup and mine is working fine. The Arcsoft is the key, having it running. But it sounds like even that isn't working for you.

Not sure what to tell ya, sounds like you could have some driver latency issues? Maybe try disabling the wireless board and see if that helps?
What BIOS version are you running on the Acer? What player? XBMC, something else, all work?
Hi.

I got an old broadcoom.. i suppose a 12 (not 15).

I got lot of drop frames... around 12 fps with low cpu %.

I've tried severals nightly builds, and dharma-beta1. Same results Sad

I've installed last broadcoom drivers.. 3.5.0.

In previous drivers versions... i got same drop frames.

Please, can you tell me which version arcsoft player are u running at background to fix drops frames?

Thanks.

Sorry for my poor english.
electric Wrote:Hi.

I got an old broadcoom.. i suppose a 12 (not 15).

I got lot of drop frames... around 12 fps with low cpu %.

I've tried severals nightly builds, and dharma-beta1. Same results Sad

I've installed last broadcoom drivers.. 3.5.0.

In previous drivers versions... i got same drop frames.

Please, can you tell me which version arcsoft player are u running at background to fix drops frames?

Thanks.

Sorry for my poor english.

Hey fellow Crystal HD users. I've been using the Crystal card (the original 70012) in my Asus eeeBox b202 Intel Atom crap-box since the beginning. It's been hit and miss with every new release. Sometimes the playback was smooth, sometimes not. Never really nailed it though until the Dharma beta 1.

Windows 7 Pro
Asus eeeBox b202 Intel Atom, 2GB RAM
Dharma Beta 1
CrystalHD drivers 3.5
70012 release of the CrystalHD card
All video content streamed over SMB share on Gb network
No resynch or reclock settings, Vsynch turned on

I can get smooth playback and seeking on my 1080p content. However, there is one big catch that I learned. On this particular machine, I have to use 1280x720 as my Video Output resolution (my LCD is not a 1080p tv, btw). Only with this resolution can I avoid dropped frames and stuttery playback. Any other resolution seems to be too much load on the machine to rescale the video and it is choppy. Don't know why, but it is. 1366x768, for example, is very bad framerate.

But that being said, the playback is very smooth across the board on all my videos for once. I've played the following types:
M2TS with H.264, MPEG2, VC-1
MKV with H.264, MPEG2, VC-1
SD DVD rips

Since I dont have the 70015 card, I dont know about xvid, flash, etc. I plan to grab that card soon and try it.

Dharma beta 1 has made all the difference in the world - it is truly a stunning difference. I was previously using the DS-Player branch, which was ok for some HD, but broke the DVD playback.
Just how does one actually make this work?
I'm on hpmini, windows 7, broadcom card installed and works fine with arcsoft. MPC-HC will work, but a bit stutterish. Still very watchable.
I have tried installing the dharma beta 1 and cannot find a broadcom option in render methods.
How is this done?

Help<!
blademat Wrote:Just how does one actually make this work?
I'm on hpmini, windows 7, broadcom card installed and works fine with arcsoft. MPC-HC will work, but a bit stutterish. Still very watchable.
I have tried installing the dharma beta 1 and cannot find a broadcom option in render methods.
How is this done?

Help<!

For the 1 millionth time Smile crystalhd is not in the render setting, it was moved many moons ago to it's own setting. If you don't see that setting, the you best start looking at xbmc.log to see why.
blademat Wrote:Just how does one actually make this work?
How is this done?

Help<!

The radio button for using the CrystalHD is under the Playback menu under Videos.

Install the 3.5 drivers from Broadcoms site. Reboot after install because sometimes if the device drivers arent installed, the device is powered off and wont show up (weird). With Dharma beta1, its literally plug and play - you'll see the option and it will work like a charm. Make sure you set the proper res - in my earlier post I found that a certain resolution plays perfect while others dont.
Sno Crash Wrote:The radio button for using the CrystalHD is under the Playback menu under Videos.

Install the 3.5 drivers from Broadcoms site. Reboot after install because sometimes if the device drivers arent installed, the device is powered off and wont show up (weird). With Dharma beta1, its literally plug and play - you'll see the option and it will work like a charm. Make sure you set the proper res - in my earlier post I found that a certain resolution plays perfect while others dont.

Worked perfectly.
Thank you very much. indeed 1368X768 stutters while 1280X720 is fine. Smile
Sno Crash Wrote:I can get smooth playback and seeking on my 1080p content. However, there is one big catch that I learned. On this particular machine, I have to use 1280x720 as my Video Output resolution (my LCD is not a 1080p tv, btw). Only with this resolution can I avoid dropped frames and stuttery playback. Any other resolution seems to be too much load on the machine to rescale the video and it is choppy. Don't know why, but it is. 1366x768, for example, is very bad framerate.
Could this be the reason why on an Acer 532h I'm getting the problems I described previously? the problem is that the machine has 1024x600 display... I'm not sure that is there a way to output 1280x720 on it...

720p MKVs are fine and seeking is superfast (better than any other player I've tried, MPC-HC, Kmplayer, GOMplayer, XBMC is the best at seeking) but 1080p is unplayable.
I received my HP Mini 210 netbook with dual core atom n550 and broadcom bcm70015 today. to my surprise, my 2nd mini pci-e slot was empty. it seems this brand new version of the hp mini 210 includes the crystal hd as a chip integrated onto the motherboard. So far I've gotten it to work with MPC-HC with both 720p and 1080p. I'm using the 3.50 drivers from broadcom's web site. Xbmc dharma beta 2 does not have a radio button for crystal hd in system/video/playback. Is there anything special I should try to get it detected? I'm going to upgrade the netbook with a SSD and more ram tonight. and I'm going to reinstall windows 7 starter too.. I'll let you guys know my results after I upgrade the netbook
update: so I uninstalled dharma beta 2 and installed beta 1, and the radio button for the crystal hd appeared. however, when I tried to play any of my 720p files, the audio played with no video for a few seconds then xbmc froze.
If I install a non dharma recent svn, will that have working crystal hd support?
update2: revent svn of the plain old camelot non dharma build didn't work either
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Broadcom Crystal HD integration support in XBMC for Windows?0