• 2(current)
[WINDOWS] Broadcom Crystal HD integration support in XBMC for Windows?
WiSo Wrote:@A600: could you have a look where the dll is installed by the Broadcom installer?

Code:
C:\Program Files\Broadcom\Broadcom CrystalHD Decoder\

@Wiso: It seems "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" isn't working with the OpenGL version. The log shows "NOTICE: Display resolution ADJUST : 1024x768 @ 72.00 - Full Screen (27)" but the refresh rate isn't changed.
why choose CrystalHD solution over Nvidia/VPDAU ?

and comment on front page says VPDAU only available in Linux I thought it was accessible in Windows as well ? other software packages use it I thought ?

I can't even playback 1080i Blurays in Windows (get over 90% CPU utilisation and constant stuttering) - this is on a 3.5 gig dual-core (E7400 overclocked) - vs using hardware decoding in Linux I can get totally smooth playback.
Its cheap, its cross platform, its an easy route for users that cant use VDPAU due to hardware constraints and the lack of a heatsink makes me think its a heat saver as well.

For such a small price its an easy way to get 1080p for some users.

My question is will this reduce CPU overhead of the GUI?
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
xexe - agree with all you've written but it will take a while for the number of people with machines that support Crystal HD to reach anywhere near that that have access to Nvidia GPU decoding facilities.

and those that do have Nvidia/ATI hardware solutions, can't just go out and buy a CrystalHD compatable video card. <edit apparently you can>
Its not a video card its a Hardware video decoder. All you need is the correct slot which many users have spare if they have say a ATV or a MB with onboard GPU.

Then there are ALL the windows users that don't want to use an external player. All this for < $20... bargain.

xexe Wrote:Its not a video card its a Hardware video decoder. All you need is the correct slot which many users have spare if they have say a ATV or a MB with onboard GPU.

Then there are ALL the windows users that don't want to use an external player. All this for < $20... bargain.

sounds cheap I have to admit - do you have a link to a card as I can't find any specs on them ? just wondering how sophisticated it's de-interlacing is for instance (Vector ? motion ?)
See XBMC homepage for links

A600 Wrote:
Code:
C:\Program Files\Broadcom\Broadcom CrystalHD Decoder\
There we go.
@davilla: unfortunately they don't install it in any system directory in path so we have to drop it somewhere else.

A600 Wrote:@Wiso: It seems "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" isn't working with the OpenGL version. The log shows "NOTICE: Display resolution ADJUST : 1024x768 @ 72.00 - Full Screen (27)" but the refresh rate isn't changed.
The OpenGL version is not further maintained. Also the adjust display refresh rate is bobo1on1's baby. Maybe he'll have a look if you ask Huh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
jmarshall Wrote:It will only work on the GL version at this point - we don't have the necessary shaders in place for DX.

Just for clarity so what we are saying is that CrystalHD only works on GL but GL is deprecated. Its just a matter of time until DX is supported for this (obvious statement)?

yes.
GL only works as it shares code with the Mac/Linux renderer which it was developed under.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
That makes sense. Currently I have to run GL anyway as the DX version wont suspend and resume and i cant get it to produce a log to file a report on it.

I am looking to buy one of these cards to help test out. Technically i don't need one but the cost vs. gadget factor wins the day and reduced CPU load = good any way.

Am I correct in saying this device will not reduce GUI CPU load?

is the gui encoded in h264/vc-1/mpeg2? cause that's all this card does - decode those formats... (no i'm not really asking just pointing out the obvious)
spiff Wrote:is the gui encoded in h264/vc-1/mpeg2? cause that's all this card does - decode those formats... (no i'm not really asking just pointing out the obvious)

Thanks for the clear answer Tongue

WiSo Wrote:There we go.
@davilla: unfortunately they don't install it in any system directory in path so we have to drop it somewhere else.

Could it be possible to use the SHGetKnownFolderPath function to get the path of the program files folder?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Broadcom Crystal HD integration support in XBMC for Windows?0