• 5(current)
[WINDOWS] Broadcom Crystal HD integration support in XBMC for Windows?
Howl, groan, I've finally got my Crystal HD but the Broadcom setup.exe crashes.

Has anyone got the software to install on Windows XP (32 bit)? I installed the VS2008 redistributables as instructed in the Broadcom notes, but when I run setup.exe from the CrystalHD_3.1.0.32 folder it aborts with an error The wizard was interrupted before Broadcom CrystalHD Decoder could be completely installed. No other clues :-(

If I use Device Manager to install the drivers this works and the Crystal HD shows up under Sound, video and game controllers, so the CrystalHD card is working.

JR
Swwethip1 Wrote:i thought the 1600 had the mini pci blocked \ disabled !

I'm wondering the same thing since I ordered a Crystal card for my Revo also.
jhsrennie Wrote:Howl, groan, I've finally got my Crystal HD but the Broadcom setup.exe crashes.

It needs .Net. I'm not sure which version because I just installed the lot and the Broadcom installed then worked and XBMC (build 26540) is picking up the Crystal HD card. Yippee :-)

JR
Swwethip1 Wrote:i thought the 1600 had the mini pci blocked \ disabled !

Well, I don't know exactly why you thought that, but I can assure you that my 1600 mini pci-e is not blocked, at least for the Broadcom card. I also have an Asus netbook PC901 where I have also tried the card and definitively the mini PCI-e slot where the WIFi is located is blocked.

On the other hand, I have performance problems with all hidef mpeg2 material (H264 works well) and it's not XBMC's problem because it also happens with WMP using windows 7 native decoder. I don't know if this problem can be attributed to the Revo or to the existing drivers.
All the 720p and 1080p films I've tried (I only have a few) play in black and white, though there is some coloured ghosting, and crash after 10 seconds or so. All the 576p films I've tried have been fine. I've attached debug logs for a couple of films in case they help. The XMen film left the XBMC display corrupted after I stopped playback.

http://pastebin.com/d2503f7fe

http://pastebin.com/d13b8781

JR
I don't get any option to use or not use the Crystal card in Settings, Video, Playback. I just get the same options as in the release version of Camelot.

Can I set this in advancedsettings.xml or some other config file?

Edit: presumably this is a skin issue (I'm using PM3.HD). I installed the mirrors.xbmc.org build 26540. Do I need to update the skin from the SVN?

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:All the 720p and 1080p films I've tried (I only have a few) play in black and white, though there is some coloured ghosting, and crash after 10 seconds or so.

Quote:I don't get any option to use or not use the Crystal card in Settings, Video, Playback. I just get the same options as in the release version of Camelot.

The CrystalHD only properly works with recent GL builds (the problems you have are because you're using a DX build)
A600 Wrote:The CrystalHD only properly works with recent GL builds (the problems you have are because you're using a DX build)

Aha!

One build later: Yesssss!!! :-) It works :-)

Perfect 1080p playback on a Revo 3600 using 27% CPU. That's just amazing!
(XBMCLive users can stop looking smug now :-)

JR
Has anyone problems using the DirectShow filter from the latest drivers? I get weird fps (24 videos play at 24, 25, 26 fps) with a lot videos with mpc-hc or DSPlayer that I didn't have with 2.7.0.4650 drivers.
A600 Wrote:The CrystalHD only properly works with recent GL builds (the problems you have are because you're using a DX build)
Any development on this? Is this still an OpenGL only solution under Windows? It's kinda strange when DX has been presented as the official supported solution for a while now. Sad
get me some windows dev with time and you may get it. I have neither the time nor the knowledge to do such things but I hope that I can get latter one improved once I got this card. Rolleyes
Look at the svn commit messages and you'll see how much attention and from whom the win32 port gets at all and we all have a real live with real friends and jobs too.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Well.. must say... DX og GL.. i really don't care, as long as i can play 1080p with XBMC on windows on my ION board i'm happy...

And i must say... Recieved my broadcom card yesterday... and i was like, next next done and everything was alot better than without it!... Really love it!...
WiSo, please, don't take this personally. I put in there a sad face, not an angry face. I know you have lives, I know you do this for free. I was just asking a question and wasn't even implying that it should have been up to you to do the job. For all I know tiben20 or bobo1on1 could have been involved together with davilla.

Really, cheer up and sorry. Smile
ashlar Wrote:WiSo, please, don't take this personally. I put in there a sad face, not an angry face. I know you have lives, I know you do this for free. I was just asking a question and wasn't even implying that it should have been up to you to do the job. For all I know tiben20 or bobo1on1 could have been involved together with davilla.

Really, cheer up and sorry. Smile

Not really Davilla is the one who didnt slept for 3 weeks developing this thing.
Eek Its just a guest for the didnt slept but he really worked a lot on it Tongue
Ok, ok. No worry at all, I'd just like a confirmation that work will be done to bring it to the DX version. That's the only thing I meant when I stated that DX had been indicated as the "go to version" some time ago.

I mean, the official bot doesn't even build GL versions. Smile

All in all, I don't want to sound like a smartass. If I do, sorry. I respect and appreciate enormously all the work that's been poured and keeps on being poured by you developers in XBMC.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Broadcom Crystal HD integration support in XBMC for Windows?0