• 6(current)
[WINDOWS] Broadcom Crystal HD integration support in XBMC for Windows?
I just thought I would have to mention it from time to time not only for you Smile
Linux is still the main port and we need more windows devs.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
You never know, maybe one day althekiller and davilla will say screw linux and OSX (respectively) and suddenly become windows fanatics! And on the very same day, perhaps my computer will start growing enormous flowers and singing love songs to cats!

Or, alternatively, maybe some more windows devs will appear. I guess there's always that possibility.
WiSo Wrote:I just thought I would have to mention it from time to time not only for you Smile
Linux is still the main port and we need more windows devs.
Damn, if I knew where to advertise it I would.
I just got my Broadcom card and installed it. The way the "Broadcom Crystal HD, It`s Magic." post reads it gives you the impression that the Windows version of Camelot supports the Broadcom card out of the box. I install the Crystal HD drivers from Broadcom's web site, Installed XBMC Camelot for Windows and got choppy 1080p playback. So I came to the forums for help and found this thread. In reading through this post it looks like I have to copy the bcmDIL.dll into my xbmc/system/players/dvdplayer/ folder.

I have a few questions to clear things up for me:
1) Copying the bcmDil.dll file will only work with the OpenGL version?
2) Does this limit me to XBMC version 9.04 or does anyone know of an SVN nightly build version of XBMC 9.11 DX that will work?
3) Is there an OpenGL version of Camelot anywhere?
robothunter Wrote:I just got my Broadcom card and installed it. The way the "Broadcom Crystal HD, It`s Magic." post reads it gives you the impression that the Windows version of Camelot supports the Broadcom card out of the box. I install the Crystal HD drivers from Broadcom's web site, Installed XBMC Camelot for Windows and got choppy 1080p playback. So I came to the forums for help and found this thread. In reading through this post it looks like I have to copy the bcmDIL.dll into my xbmc/system/players/dvdplayer/ folder.

I have a few questions to clear things up for me:
1) Copying the bcmDil.dll file will only work with the OpenGL version?
2) Does this limit me to XBMC version 9.04 or does anyone know of an SVN nightly build version of XBMC 9.11 DX that will work?
3) Is there an OpenGL version of Camelot anywhere?

Before you do any moving of dll files try the newest GL version of Camelot at the bottom of this page:
http://danielpatton.com/user-accounts/XB...tes/ikons/

That should get you going........
@robothunter
Check here: http://danielpatton.com/user-accounts/XB...tes/ikons/
You'll find several GL builds post-Camelot. I'd appreciate you coming back to tell us how it went. I have my CrystalHD in the mail, coming to me.
Thanks dtviewer and ashlar I will try the ikons version when I get home tonight and report back.
I installed "XBMCSetup-Rev26459-gl.exe" and selected Crystal HD as my video decoder and that was all it took. 1080p video plays perfectly with 19% CPU usage. Subtitles work like a champ and I can now FF with picture.

I am using a Zotac IONITX-G-E motherboard with 2GB's of RAM. I was previously using Tiben20's excellent DXVA installation version 25915 which works with Windows 7. The problem with that was:
1) Only version 25915 works with Windows 7.
2) There is no subtitle support.
3) The Nvidia 9400 cannot decode fast enough to play video during FF and RW. You end up with a still picture with the time indicator moving.

It's a little strange that the Broadcom card is only officially supported in the officially unsupported OpenGL version of XBMC. But that's what I get for using Windows instead of Linux.
robothunter Wrote:It's a little strange that the Broadcom card is only officially supported in the officially unsupported OpenGL version of XBMC. But that's what I get for using Windows instead of Linux.

Development work tends to focus on the Linux port and then implemented on Windows. Partly this is because the major league gurus amongst the team tend to be interested in Linux and partly because it's a good way to ensure developments remain fully cross platform. The Linux version uses OpenGL and that's why the work is starting with the OpenGL version.

DirectX is obviously Windows only, so the Crystal HD support is likely to be back ported to Windows only when the Crystal code is stable.

JR
grrr I hate to repeat myself but some of the comments really make me upset.
1) svn versions are development versions which aren't meant to be stable thus crystal support was added after Camelot.
2) crystal support was developed under OSX and Linux. Since all three platforms share the GL render code it was there for windows out of the box (wasn't tested though)
3) without a crystal card we can't do much for the DirectX port.
Yes I bought me a Crystal HD card not because I need it but to get it running. And please don't think we always have everything for testing at home. I don't own a second monitor, nor a 1080 tv, nor digital audio equipment etc.

Edit: jhsrennie beat me...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Is there anything different about using the gl version of xbmc on windows??

Im thinking of getting one, as under windows, cpu usage is around 90%, and can cause some issues...

Is there an adapter available so that I can install the mini pci-e on a normal atx board, Ive searched the usual places and cant seem to find anything for pci-e.....

Thanks
Fixing the dx build of XBMC for Windows should be relatively easy,

g_renderManager.Configure is called in DVDPlayerVideo.cpp with a flag, if the picture format is nv12, that flag has CONF_FLAGS_FORMAT_NV12 set otherwise it's set to CONF_FLAGS_FORMAT_YV12.

Detect that in dx renderer and render using NV12 format. I'm pretty sure that NV12 is a supported native dx format.
I downloaded and installed XBMCSetup-Rev26459-gl.exe for my REVO R3610. I won't start properly, it will display the splash screen and then Windows returns an error that XBMC has stopped. I proceeded to download XBMCSetup-Rev26307-gl.exe and that installs and runs, but does not give me Crystal HD as an option, just Auto, Basic, Advanced and Software.

I have a REVO R3610 with Windows 7 Home Premium. The Crystal HD drivers are installed from the Broadcom site and hardware manager lists it.
DrMedia Wrote:Is there an adapter available so that I can install the mini pci-e on a normal atx board, Ive searched the usual places and cant seem to find anything for pci-e.....

Thanks

http://www.hwtools.net/Adapter/MP1.html

JR
johnw Wrote:I downloaded and installed XBMCSetup-Rev26459-gl.exe for my REVO R3610. I won't start properly, it will display the splash screen and then Windows returns an error that XBMC has stopped. I proceeded to download XBMCSetup-Rev26307-gl.exe and that installs and runs, but does not give me Crystal HD as an option, just Auto, Basic, Advanced and Software.

I have a REVO R3610 with Windows 7 Home Premium. The Crystal HD drivers are installed from the Broadcom site and hardware manager lists it.

Did you run the setup.exe fom the driver download or did you just install the driver from Device Manager? If the latter, XBMC won't see the card as it needs libraries installed by setup.exe.

Also are you using x64 or x86 Windows? I'm not sure if it will work on x64 Windows.

If you turn debug logging on the log file will tell you whether XBMC is using the Crystal HD.

JR
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Broadcom Crystal HD integration support in XBMC for Windows?0