Crystal HD - Some Basic Questions
i allready have probs with some 720p files, so this would be great instead of getting another player, because in my eyes, none of them has such a great feature set like the xbmc
Player: Shuttle XS35GTV2 with 2GB RAM and 4GB SD-Card
Eyes: Sharp LC46D653E, Sanyo Z3
Ears: Creative Inspire 5500
Fingers: PS3, XBOX 360, WDTV-Live
Storage: TC-1TB, Acer H340 WHS-4TB
The Spirit Wrote:i allready have probs with some 720p files, so this would be great instead of getting another player, because in my eyes, none of them has such a great feature set like the xbmc

You should try changing skiploopfilter to a higher value
Most of the 720p movies play fine with skiploop=8 and even the most tricky ones do pretty good with skiploop=32
dan1son Wrote:Alright... this is coming from more of an end user than a developer (I'm a developer... but not on this project).

The CrystalHD stuff isn't ready for prime time. That's not a problem, and it hasn't been sold as such by the developers, but it needs to be known. It's buggy, it crashes, it needs constant re-compiling to build in new changes, etc. It doesn't "just work" yet.

If you're one that likes that sort of thing (and don't need your ATV to work 100%) you're in for a treat. It's capabilities are very impressive and when it's done it'll do amazing things to this project (mainly because the hardware requirements will be so much cheaper).

The CrystalHD stuff should be considered more of a tinkerer's thing at this stage. Hopefully Davilla agrees with me Smile.

Ouch, that smarts Smile. Yes, there needs more work. This is just ramping up from a private development effort (two persons) to a public development effort. More eyes are always better.

EDIT: I'm very interested in crashes. These I will want to stomp ASAP.
Well the card is not expensive at all I got one for £19 the issue is with the loss of the wireless that allowing a good solution would cost another £60.
Would I spend additional £79 to get my ATV on proper HD? Yes please!!!
Quick question: When the CrystalHD branch becomes available, will current ATV owners (who have installed their cards) just download and upgrade from the Download menu, or will we need to create a new patchstick?
davilla Wrote:Ouch, that smarts Smile. Yes, there needs more work. This is just ramping up from a private development effort (two persons) to a public development effort. More eyes are always better.

EDIT: I'm very interested in crashes. These I will want to stomp ASAP.

I debated adding a "it's still ridiculously amazing and the greatest thing to ever happen to my AppleTV" but I figured I have said that enough. Smile
davilla Wrote:I'm very interested in crashes. These I will want to stomp ASAP.
I have a movie which crashes XBMC, but I'm still with the cck197 USB patch with version r25946. Does it make sense to send you logs from this version? If yes, what logs do you expect?
raydevos Wrote:I have a movie which crashes XBMC, but I'm still with the cck197 USB patch with version r25946. Does it make sense to send you logs from this version? If yes, what logs do you expect?

It should make a crash log core dump. That and xbmc.log. Pastebin them and post the URL here.
interceptor121 Wrote:Well the card is not expensive at all I got one for £19 the issue is with the loss of the wireless that allowing a good solution would cost another £60.
Would I spend additional £79 to get my ATV on proper HD? Yes please!!!

This is not directed directly at you, but at the wireless users in general....
Why do people want wireless and HD?
I would have thought you could not get the throughput with wireless to run the HD videos.... ?
If only the ATV has multiple USB ports Sad
NineT9mustang Wrote:If only the ATV has multiple USB ports Sad

I have 4 ext HDD plugged in ATV using USB hub, works like a charm Smile
yzeyze Wrote:This is not directed directly at you, but at the wireless users in general....
Why do people want wireless and HD?
I would have thought you could not get the throughput with wireless to run the HD videos.... ?
I need wireless to connect to the internet and run the rest of the ATV functionality without a 10 meters cable running in the flat
Besides I stream 720p MKV to my apple tv over my 5 GhZ wireless N network
Just search on ebay for BCM970012 thats the OEM Version of the Crystal HD but just for 20 Bucks or less Shocked
what about of deinterlaice features of crystal hd ? can it do 1080i@50 ----> 1080p@50 deinterlaice well ? with which algo ?

for watching of satellite hdtv channels in 1080i it's very important question
Nvidia Shield
kodi 18.1 RC1
I run wireless (802.11n 2.4ghz) to an acer revo downstairs (router is upstairs) and an ATV with crystalhd card to another room upstairs with bridges. I can stream 1080p blu-ray rips perfectly with no drop outs. It'll even do 2 1080p videos at the same time if one has been re-encoded to a lesser bitrate.

Your mileage may vary since wireless is very susceptible to interference from other networks or RF in your area.

I have a two story house, with high ceilings upstairs, and no basement. It's rather challenging (read impossible) to run wires now and the home was a spec home so I couldn't put them in during building.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crystal HD - Some Basic Questions0