Where can I buy or order a Broadcom Crystal HD card from?
Question 
I've been looking online but I can't find any site where you can buy it. On the broadcom site I can only find a press release, not a regular page about the Crystal HD, and I can't find it on Amazon or Newegg or if I type buy Crystal HD in Google I just get news about the Crystal HD.

Is it not actually out or something? Cause it seems as if some people on the forum already have one... Huh
Try eBay? I just bought one here in the UK from a UK based eBay seller for £20 and it arrived yesterday - perhaps there are similar suppliers in the US (assuming that's where you are)?

Good luck
mark
There are TWO sources in the article on the front page. We put them there to head off questions like this.
althekiller Wrote:There are TWO sources in the article on the front page. We put them there to head off questions like this.

Right! Sorry. I read the news on another website, didn't think to check the official site. Laugh
Someone posted a link in another thread about where they bought their CrystalHD card for around $22 shipped (non-ebay) but I cant for the life of me find that thread today... anyone know which site I am talking about? The link was a relatively no frills white page with lots of broadcom chips listed.
althekiller Wrote:There are TWO sources in the article on the front page. We put them there to head off questions like this.

3x @retail isn't fun though man Wink

If you dig through all the comments, or the previous threads on this you'll also find what to search for on ebay. Chinese sources take about 15 days, but are usually reliable.
Question 
I have been following development for some time now and am ready to take
the plunge. I remember reading several messages regarding people's sources for
the video card but can not find those messages now, nor the model number.

How about a list of vendors, model numbers that work, and price paid?
Thanks!
Well most it seems have been buying them of ebay. Its a long thread, but I know your answers are in this thread.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55042
I got mine off eBay. Seller was notebookelite. Title was BCM70012 not the BCM70010/BCM70012 titles you see out there. Price was $24 shipped. Took about a week to reach the east coast.
JDizzy Wrote:I have been following development for some time now and am ready to take
the plunge. I remember reading several messages regarding people's sources for
the video card but can not find those messages now, nor the model number.

How about a list of vendors, model numbers that work, and price paid?
Thanks!

There are two cards, old layout (ebay), new layout (logicsupply). Both are funtionally identical. On ebay, you will find several names, bcm70010, bcm70012, etc. They are all the same card.
got mine off ebay...
seller had "dream" in the name, don't remember exactly the rest
paid about $23, got to me in about 2 weeks from china
davilla Wrote:There are two cards, old layout (ebay), new layout (logicsupply). Both are funtionally identical. On ebay, you will find several names, bcm70010, bcm70012, etc. They are all the same card.

Thanks, Logicsupply is who I was looking for. I had remembered someone mentioning a vendor here in the US. I know it cost a bit more but I feel that if there was something wrong with the card, it would be much easier to deal with.
Thanks again.
Granted you have a more accessible phone number and customer service if something goes wrong. You can practically buy nearly 3 of these cards on eBay for the price of one at logicsupply. So whether you get it from eBay or logic supply I don't think it matters all that much.
Notebookelite on ebay for me.

Or search "apple tv crystal HD" on ebay.com Big Grin
I've got one that I never used. $23 shipped to CA if you want it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where can I buy or order a Broadcom Crystal HD card from?0