Cannot shutdown from within XBMC
I have this issue too, but I'm in Windows Vista... any suggestions?
Any thoughts? I still have this issue. I notice that the XMBC process is still running after selecting shutdown from the menu... weird...
Hey guys,

I had the same issue on my ubuntu 11.04 (minimal) with xbmc, "shutdown", "standby" and "reboot" didn't work. I worked with the infos in the xbmc-wiki, but it didn't work because of wrong information.

The following is written in the wiki (didn't work):

Code:
[Actions for xbmc user]
Identity=unix-user:xbmc
Action=org.freedesktop.upower.*;org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.*;org.freedesktop.udisks.*
ResultAny=yes
ResultInactive=no
ResultActive=yes

and this worked for me:

Code:
[Actions for xbmc user]
Identity=unix-user:xbmc
Action=org.freedesktop.upower.*;org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.*;org.freedesktop.udisks.*
ResultActive=yes
ResultAny=auth_admin
ResultInactive=yes

A combination of the wiki and this thread worked for me.

What is the problem? The differences are in "ResultAny" and "ResultInactive". Maybe the wiki should get renewed.

Greetings

Hoppel
Hi guys,
I also have ubuntu 11.04 and installed Firefox, so, my shutdown and restart stopped working..so I tried the script that Hoppel used, but without succes.
I tried the solution in the xbmc-WIKI he mentioned and this worked. (search for "shutdown" in the wiki)

Strange behaviour...

greetings
Bart
(2010-01-01, 21:12)althekiller Wrote: You have the shutdown function set to quit in system > power saving under settings?

what should it be set at Huh?? please

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot shutdown from within XBMC0