9.11 keymap.xml where is it?
I upgraded to 9.11 (Windows) and was surprised when I found my keymap.xml file was untouched by the upgrade. So I installed XBMC on a scratch system to get an updated copy of the file and was surprised the file was not installed with 9.11.

Where or what does 9.11 use to map keys. I guess it continues to use keymap.xml if you have one but is there a newer place it stores these settings?
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
No we haven't touched it. You're probably just looking in the wrong place. We install defaults in the install directory, you can create your own in a user directory. Look on the wiki for where this should be for your platform.
I don't know where is in Windows, in XBMC live:

9.04 - /usr/share/xbmc/system/Keymap.xml
9.11 - /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml or remote.xml
I scanned the entire hard drive from the root down on the scratch system that only had 9.11 installed on it. No keymap.xml file was installed with 9.11. It looks like it was renamed to keyboard.xml as asantosjr indicated.
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
Yes, keymap.xml was renamed to keyboard.xml in v9.11, though for backward compatability XBMC will still process keymap.xml if it exists.

The system keyboard.xml file is in %ProgramFiles%\XBMC\system\keymaps. You can add extra keyboard.xml files to override or add to the system keyboard.xml. In portable mode the additional keyboard.xml is in %ProgramFiles%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps. In default mode it is in %APPDATA%\userdata\keymaps.

JR
It looks to me that the Keymap.xml file was not really renamed as others have stated above, rather the old Keymap.xml file that contained both keyboard mappings as well as remote control mappings has been broken out into two separate files keyboard.xml and remote.xml respectively.
call me craaaazy, but somebody, nah, it's too silly, i can't say it out loud.. okay, i'll do it! might have friggan documented this in the wiki?
spiff Wrote:call me craaaazy, but somebody, nah, it's too silly, i can't say it out loud.. okay, i'll do it! might have friggan documented this in the wiki?

I did document that change to keyboard.xml at the time I started updating the Wiki for the new remote control support. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml. I haven't mentioned remote.xml because I'm not actually sure what it's for. Lirc codes?

JR
that was irony. mdd documented the split to remote.xml keyboard.xml long time ago. remote.xml is for mapping actions to the general remote, only Lircmap deals with .. lirc.
so which file should contain the LircMap info after the split? keyboard.xml? or remote.xml?
Lircmap.xml still contains the mapping of LIRC button names -> xbmc button names. nothing changed there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
9.11 keymap.xml where is it?0