pvr-testing - switching channels, playback freezing
Hi

Please help me finding solution for those 2 points:
  1. XBMC on LiveTV does not switch channel on VDR. VDR working correctly - tunes every channel on the list while it is used standalone (xineliboutput with vdpau). Sometimes I can switch to next channel on the same transponder. Here you can find debug log: http://www.4shared.com/file/185914351/df...ivetv.html
    Actions I did:
    - tried to switch to channel different then VDR is tuned to
    - and finaly the same one and video was started.
  2. XBMC freezes just starting playback of any video file. This issue sound strange - I cannot open any video file. XBMC freezes or just frontend is not respoding (system itself is working). Seeing debug log : http://www.4shared.com/file/185916219/1e...yback.html I suppose the info windows is to be displayed but it is not visible. I was tried to use both PM3-HD skin and Confluence but there were no difference. There are a few video files mentioned in the log but no one I was able to watch. Strage thing is that recognized VDR Recordings play very well !!!

XBMC and VDR (with plugins) was installed from PPA mentioned here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=62696.

There is a list of xbmc packages (dpkg -l \*xbmc\* )
Code:
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Nazwa                                Wersja                                     Opis
+++-====================================-==========================================-============================================
ii  xbmc                                 pvr-testing-18~hepi-karmic26177+5          XBMC Media Center (full metapackage)
ii  xbmc-bin                             pvr-testing-18~hepi-karmic26177+5          XBMC Media Center (binary data package)
in  xbmc-common                          <brak>                                     (brak dostÄ™pnego opisu)
ii  xbmc-data                            pvr-testing-18~hepi-karmic26177+5          XBMC Media Center (arch-independent data pac
ii  xbmc-skin-confluence                 pvr-testing-18~hepi-karmic26177+5          XBMC Media Center (Confluence skin)
ii  xbmc-skin-pm3-hd                     pvr-testing-18~hepi-karmic26177+5          XBMC Media Center (PM3 HD skin)
un  xbmc-test-helper                     <brak>                                     (brak dostÄ™pnego opisu)
un  xbmc-third-parties                   <brak>                                     (brak dostÄ™pnego opisu)
ii  xbmc-web-pm3                         pvr-testing-18~hepi-karmic26177+5          XBMC Media Center (Project Mahem III web ski

There is a list of vdr packages (dpkg -l \*vdr\* )
Code:
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Nazwa                                Wersja                                     Opis
+++-====================================-==========================================-============================================
un  libxine-xvdr                         <brak>                                     (brak dostÄ™pnego opisu)
ii  libxine1-xvdr                        1.0.4+cvs20091013.1200-5tvt1               Xine input plugin for vdr-plugin-xineliboutp
ii  vdr                                  1.7.10-1tvt1                               Video Disk Recorder for DVB cards
un  vdr-abi-1.7.9-debian                 <brak>                                     (brak dostÄ™pnego opisu)
un  vdr-daemon                           <brak>                                     (brak dostÄ™pnego opisu)
ii  vdr-dev                              1.7.10-4tvt1                               Video Disk Recorder for DVB cards
un  vdr-kbd                              <brak>                                     (brak dostÄ™pnego opisu)
un  vdr-lirc                             <brak>                                     (brak dostÄ™pnego opisu)
ii  vdr-plugin-femon                     1.7.5-2tvt1                                DVB frontend status monitor plugin for VDR
ii  vdr-plugin-pvrinput                  2009-1.7.0-rc2-2tvt1                       VDR plugin allowing to use a Hauppauge PVR c
ii  vdr-plugin-sc                        815493291a00-1                             <insert up to 60 chars description>
ii  vdr-plugin-streamdev-client          0.5.0~pre20090706+cvs20091108.2341-4tvt1   VDR Plugin to stream Live-TV to other VDR's
ii  vdr-plugin-streamdev-server          0.5.0~pre20090706+cvs20091108.2341-4tvt1   VDR Plugin to stream Live-TV to other VDR's
ii  vdr-plugin-xineliboutput             1.0.4+cvs20091013.1200-5tvt1               VDR plugin for Xine based sofdevice frontend
un  vdr-rcu                              <brak>                                     (brak dostÄ™pnego opisu)
un  vdradmin                             <brak>                                     (brak dostÄ™pnego opisu)

Help me please - I'd like to use XBMC very much.

Regards
Janusz
Noone ?

Regards
Janusz
Sorry I can't help since I know nothing about VDR and XBMC; but here are some suggestions if you wish to get the problem resolved.

1) post your debug log from XBMC when this problem occurs
2) raise a ticket on TRAC. There is a category for PVR that you can use to make sure the right people will notice it.

Hope one of these helps get you an answer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr-testing - switching channels, playback freezing0