XBMC Not parsing shows correctly
Ubuntu 9.10
XBMC version (wish i knew)

My goal, is to have my htpc stream video files from a server running mediatomb (a linux based UPnP server). I have a few tv shows on the server, one of which being the show "Boston Legal". The file structure is thus.

Media
-TV Shows
-Boston Legal
-Files, each named as "1x01, 1x02, etc"

According to the wiki (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows) this is perfectly proper folder and file structure. Yet, it seems when I set content on the TV Shows folder, as the wiki suggests, it finds none of my shows. When I manually set the boston legal folder to be the show boston legal, it finds the show, but claims I have no episodes of it, when I have the entire first 4 seasons.

I try to find out what I am doing wrong, and I am met with problems on all sides. I cannot follow the wiki step by step, because due to some error of judgment somewhere, all the information listed references the old default skin, pm.3, as opposed to the current confluence skin. In fact, stickies on this forum that suggest I look up version numbers fail as well, since the instructions fail on confluence.

Simply put, I would like to know at what point I did something wrong. Am I not allowed to have the files named "1x01, 1x02... etc" even though the wiki claim I can? Am I not setting up the library scanning right? (If so, could I get proper instructions on how to do this in confluence?). Either way, while I wait for an answer I am downloading MythTV in hopes that it will prove to be a superior product.
You're using UPnP. It's not a file sharing protocol, the URLs can (and do) change from session to session.

Use a file sharing protocol if you want to use the XBMC library.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:You're using UPnP. It's not a file sharing protocol, the URLs can (and do) change from session to session.

Use a file sharing protocol if you want to use the XBMC library.

Ah, thank you for that. Would it be possible to have that noted in the UPnP section of the manual?
It's a wiki - feel free to add something indicating that Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

For future reference, I discovered that mounting via sshfs works quite well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Not parsing shows correctly0