Coming soon
+1 for the can't wait for it to be released group
calmdown Wrote:amagaaad this is just like waiting for duke nukem forever Big Grin

Ah, this brings me back to my childhood...
Sad
chareos Wrote:Ah, this brings me back to my childhood...
Sad

Yep it was "jet Set Willy" for me after finishing "Manic Miner"! Laugh - now its "Blackmesa Source"... and Alaska of course! Wink
I can hear the Jeopady song playing over and over and over in the back of my head..... Wink
will it support poster view for tv shows?
nekrosoft13 Wrote:will it support poster view for tv shows?
Didn't you watch it?
lol, looks like it is still there according to the vid.
I love my Mac Mini :;):
Amra Wrote:I did that in the Poster view for myself but it involved moving things around a little to allow for more text in the Tagline and the Movie Title. The tagline can hold two lines of text and as you can see in the screenshot below, the Title allows for very long titles now.

Again, this is only something I did for myself and is not really something I expect Hitcher to do but if someone else is interested in the code, I'm sure I could post it as a small mod (it only changed 2 xml files). I wouldn't want to do that though until after Hitcher releases the next version of Alaska so that I can bring it up to date.

I hope you plan to make a mod with this display, starting from the recently released alaska.

The new Alaska is (intentionally) missing genre information, which is a shame to me.
Also, tagline is nice.
Finally, if you plan a mod, I'd suggest to replace plot with tagline in the playtime OSD infos: plot is just too long, scrolls too much, tagline is perhaps better for a very brief information while watching the actual media !
chareos Wrote:I hope you plan to make a mod with this display, starting from the recently released alaska.

The new Alaska is (intentionally) missing genre information, which is a shame to me.
Also, tagline is nice.
Finally, if you plan a mod, I'd suggest to replace plot with tagline in the playtime OSD infos: plot is just too long, scrolls too much, tagline is perhaps better for a very brief information while watching the actual media !
Yeah, I plan on doing the Poster/Tagline mod in the next few days, hopefully over the weekend if nothing else. I'm currently working on updating the Red Slate theme and my other Blue Mosaic theme then I will turn my attention to this. My week's a little busy though (Wifey Birthday, can't ignore that!) so it may may be over the weekend as I mentioned.

On the OSD Info matter, I was actually thinking the Plot Outline would look better there for myself but I believe XBMC does not natively scrape that and a 3rd party scraper like EMM (which I use & heartily suggest) is required.
Amra Wrote:Yeah, I plan on doing the Poster/Tagline mod in the next few days, hopefully over the weekend if nothing else. I'm currently working on updating the Red Slate theme and my other Blue Mosaic theme then I will turn my attention to this. My week's a little busy though (Wifey Birthday, can't ignore that!) so it may may be over the weekend as I mentioned.

On the OSD Info matter, I was actually thinking the Plot Outline would look better there for myself but I believe XBMC does not natively scrape that and a 3rd party scraper like EMM (which I use & heartily suggest) is required.

On the plot outline, another point is that not every international resource provide these (in Italy, at least)
Would it be possible to mod the panel view to include the genre? And possibly the tagline? If no tagline, genre would be great!

As far as the OSD, I like it the way it is...but if it's modded, I would rather have the plot outline vs. just the tagline Smile
I love my Mac Mini :;):

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Coming soon0