• 4(current)
XBMCSync - Sync Watched Flag Across Multiple Boxes
Glad to hear that it works like that. As far as the other issue and how people have it set up like Rockdawg. I can say I have at least 1 friend who has it set up like that and he was very happy to see the .5 update!
The new script no longer marks everything as watched. After the new db was builkt I went to HTPC1 and marked two unwatched movies as watched, and then ran:

Code:
kevin@XBMCLive:/home$ sudo python xbmcsync.py
[sudo] password for kevin:
Processing frontend: HTPC1
VIDEO_TS.IFO appears to be new
2 new files watched
Processing frontend: HTPC2
0 new files watched
Total of 2 new files watched
Updating frontend: HTPC1
Updating frontend: HTPC2
Marking all files as updated

But when I went and checked HTPC2, neither movie was marked as watched. I even rebooted it to make sure it didn't need to reload the db to show the changes, but they still showed as unwatched. I also tried marking 8 unwatched files as watched and ran the script again and HTPC1 didn;t reflect the changes either.

Yes, I run Live on both my boxes.
RockDawg Wrote:The new script no longer marks everything as watched. After the new db was builkt I went to HTPC1 and marked two unwatched movies as watched, and then ran:

Code:
kevin@XBMCLive:/home$ sudo python xbmcsync.py
[sudo] password for kevin:
Processing frontend: HTPC1
2 new files watched
Processing frontend: HTPC2
0 new files watched
Total of 2 new files watched
Updating frontend: HTPC1
Updating frontend: HTPC2
Marking all files as updated

But when I went and checked HTPC2, neither movie was marked as watched. I even rebooted it to make sure it didn't need to reload the db to show the changes, but they still showed as unwatched. I also tried marking 8 unwatched files as watched and ran the script again and HTPC1 didn;t reflect the changes either.

Yes, I run Live on both my boxes.

Do you have the exact same path to the files in each? ie (/home/tim/media/Movie/VIDEO_TS.ifo)
Yes. In XBMC, the source path for my DVD movies is smb://TOWER1/Movies/ on both machines. Likewise they are both set to smb://TOWER1/Blu-Ray/ and smb://TOWER2/TV Shows/.

On my second try where I marked some files watched on HTPC2 and then ran the script, I marked both TV episodes and movies and neither updated on HTPC1.

Could it have anything to do with you having my change the IP of HTPC1 (the one that runs the script and runs XBMC) to it's real IP rather than the 127.0.0.1 your instruction call for?
RockDawg Wrote:Yes. In XBMC, the source path for my DVD movies is smb://TOWER1/Movies/ on both machines. Likewise they are both set to smb://TOWER1/Blu-Ray/ and smb://TOWER2/TV Shows/.

On my second try where I marked some files watched on HTPC2 and then ran the script, I marked both TV episodes and movies and neither updated on HTPC1.

Could it have anything to do with you having my change the IP of HTPC1 (the one that runs the script and runs XBMC) to it's real IP rather than the 127.0.0.1 your instruction call for?

I think I have figured it out. sqlite (the XBMC database) wont allow me to do joins on an update command. I am working through the syntax right now on how to fix that
hey tim-

This is related to my previous question. I'm having some trouble getting the watched flags to update when I add content to my NAS and XBMC scrapes them. It seems like if XBMC is open on another machine but it hasn't yet scraped the new content on that box, then when the script runs it tries to update the flags even though the content isn't in the library yet. Then when it does show up in the library, it doesn't try to update the flags again. I still need to test some more but does that seem possible that it could be doing that?
mtehonica Wrote:hey tim-

This is related to my previous question. I'm having some trouble getting the watched flags to update when I add content to my NAS and XBMC scrapes them. It seems like if XBMC is open on another machine but it hasn't yet scraped the new content on that box, then when the script runs it tries to update the flags even though the content isn't in the library yet. Then when it does show up in the library, it doesn't try to update the flags again. I still need to test some more but does that seem possible that it could be doing that?

Are you on the 0.5 yet or an older one? Turns out 0.5 didnt update anything. I just stuck 0.5.1 up with that fix.

That is a possibility as I dont have a whole lot of error checking in place for that. Can you try and run it as xbmcsync.py full and see if they get pushed into the DB?
Rockdawg: Can you try out the newest version I just uploaded?
Will do.
Everything seems to be working fine. Thanks a ton!!
Awesome. I am going to make it so that matching on path is an argument moving forward. I'll work that into the next version I get out

Also, with a library of your size, about how long is it taking to run?
About 6-7 seconds.
tim- Wrote:Are you on the 0.5 yet or an older one? Turns out 0.5 didnt update anything. I just stuck 0.5.1 up with that fix.

That is a possibility as I dont have a whole lot of error checking in place for that. Can you try and run it as xbmcsync.py full and see if they get pushed into the DB?

I'm still on 0.4.1. This is what seems to happen from what I can tell...

If I have XBMC shutdown on all machines and I add some new content to my NAS and then open XBMC1, it scrapes the new content, I watch a show and it gets marked watched on that machine. Then when the scripts runs (either through cron or manually) it sees the updated flag for that show and tries to update XBMC2 and XBMC3 but obviously cant because they aren't open. Now I go and open XBMC2, it scrapes the new shows but when the script runs it doesn't see anything new watched. So it appears that if it fails to update all the machines the first time, then it won't ever again since it doesn't see any "new" watched flags. Also, if I mark it watched manually on XBMC2 then run the script, it still doesn't mark it watched on XBMC3 (I assume because it ignores that filename after it sees it watched once).

I did try passing it the "full" flag and that does appear to work. Would it hurt to run the cron with the "full" command everytime??
I have considered changing it to only support full. Really that was a performance issue that I was worried about. It doesnt seem to be much of an issue so it may be easier to leave it as full all the time
tim- Wrote:I have considered changing it to only support full. Really that was a performance issue that I was worried about. It doesnt seem to be much of an issue so it may be easier to leave it as full all the time

Yeah, full certainly takes a little longer and will definitely increase as the library increases and depending on how many machines you have but I don't think it would be much of an issue. Still seems to be working very well!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCSync - Sync Watched Flag Across Multiple Boxes0