Staircase effect on fanart area
Hitcher, a huge thank you for this wonderful theme!

When I selected the themes of night color or black-white, the fanart aera is to small and gradients appear too marked. There is a staircase effect. On the default theme there is no problem.

On my PC the screen capture look nice so I try to make a draw to illustrate what I see on TV.

I wanted to know how to avoid too see them without increasing the brightness of my screen?

Is it possible to increase the viewing diffuse fanart area ?

Thank you!

Additional question: is there a way to thank you? Do you have a "pay me a beer" button, an Amazon wish list?
I think this has something to do with the limited gamma many tv sets suffer...

Maybe Alaska is just pushing the tv limit (on mine, it appears very strong when the "dim" powersaving kicks in) with its colours
Thx for reply.
Maybe I need to modify xorg.conf with gamma setting ?
I think you are refering to the gradient, its your TV, mine is also shit the only way to correct is to reduce the contrast a bit on the TV.
You right it 's seem it come from my HTPC but not my screen (with a PS3 device all seem to be fine).

Load a picture without xbmc on a picture viewer, and scaling still here.

If there is Asrock 330 Ion with a Sony Bravia folks ... do'
can you confirm this ?

I'm on archlinux, so try to adjust xorg.conf but no results ...
Maybe try a more good HDMI Cable.
Have you got your colour depth set too low?
best solution I could guess (linux) would be an always-on reduced gamma mode, I think I read somewhere nVidia Windows drivers have this.

Actually, We can get it only when using vdpau (xbmc option to use vdpau studio color conversion, if I am correct)
@L1SE19: I've a Depth set to 24 in xorg.conf and try to look at other options.

@chareos: try the vdpau option but the problem is general, during playing movies or on theme's menus.
Any updates to this issue? I have the same issue on my 46 inch LCD and it really bugs.
Thuffir Wrote:@L1SE19: I've a Depth set to 24 in xorg.conf and try to look at other options.

@chareos: try the vdpau option but the problem is general, during playing movies or on theme's menus.
If it's there during video playback then it's not a skin problem.
You're right it's not a skin problem, but due to diffuses art pages, Alaska amplifies and reveal this problem.

Sorry to have post this first in the Alaska forum.
Try to post on XBMC for Linux and XBMC Live Specific Support with no success. Maybe due to my poor english speaking ...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=4...post478312

@noox, can you go write in this thread to support it ?

Please Asrock users, can you give us some feedback if you see this effect or some clues about your config (xorg.conf maybe ?)
Thx.
I have the same. I use an Asrock 330 on A Sony Bravia 40d3000, in xorg depth is set to 24bit.

I read this thread and others and many options are mentioned (could be tv, gamma settings, cabling, linux settings, drivers) but I can't figure out if it can be solved, or at least minimised?

Here is a picture, taken after the dim screensaver kicked in on default 20% dim (which makes it more visible):
Yes kees667 I have exactly the same issue. After some investigation it's seem due to the bravia engine but didn't try to solve it yet. It's like a SONY touch !

There is very fine tune gradient with alaska skin so the effect is more viewable. I see this a lot with delicate gradient like smoke in HD movies.

So it's not a skin or xbmc issue but a SONY configuration to find.

Happy I'm not alone, stay connected.

I see yout thread : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=73199
My other one : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=4...post478312

If admin read this, please move this thread in a more appropriate forum.
Hmm I have the same color banding on my vizio TV. It was making me think it was running in 16 bit color instead of 24 bit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Staircase effect on fanart area0